Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe (17990 Views)

8 Characteristics Of Chronic Womanizers On Social Media / 10 things that turn real men off in a lady at first glance. / An Advice To Young,unmarried Men...........by Dr. Myles Munroe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
I titled this thread characteristics of real men, cos real men are basically hard to find. All we have lately are just overgrown boys. Ladies be careful of the man you finally want to be with, judge him by these points. Boys claiming men, please upgrade, there are standards expected of us both by God and the society. These are some excerpts from Dr Myles Munroe's book titled UNDERSTANDING THE POWER AND PURPOSE OF MEN
I felt like sharing some strong points he raised in this particular book to enlighten some of us guys who go about having some strange thoughts about the women folk and how they should be treated. Will give a brief summary of them found in page 82 of this book...
1) VISONARY AND LEADER
God took man and put him in the garden of Eden to take care of it and the lord God commanded the man(Gen 2:15-16)
Whom did the lord command The male-man. The male being first received all informations. The female wasn't formed until instructions where given the male. The male was given the charge to be the visionary and leader. The male is to be responsible for everything under his jurisdiction, this doesn't mean women dont have the capacity, but it was entrusted to the male.You dont canvas for votes in the family to become the head. You are responsible, God made it so not the family. A man shouldn't get married and say to his wife what are we going to do? Well, we will just wait on the Lord, we'll see where we are going when we get there. That's ridiculous!!!. A man is giving vision, while the woman is there to make sure he accomplish it. He knows exactly where he is going. He makes plans, he sees the future, the woman is a help in achieving it.
2)TEACHER
God told Adam, do not eat of the tree, but he didn't tell Eve. Which means it was Adams responsibility to teach Eve and guide her. If you were the first one to discover something and someone else shows up at the scene needing to know something, what does that make you? Primarily God made men responsible for teaching his ways, not that women are unable to teach.The male must be responsible for godly instructions to their family. May not be the way things are, but the way it supposed to . God expect males to reveal his will and word to females.
Paul told Timothy in 1Tim3. If a man wants to be a leader in the church let him first get his house in order.
3)CULTIVATOR
God gave male an assignment of cultivating the garden Gen2:15. One of males responsibility is to cultivate. Means to make something grow, and produce greater yield.You as a man is supposed to cultivate and develop everything around you. Make both people and things better. So if you as a man marries a wife and she is looking Haggard, after months of marriage,then you've not cultivated her. Every part of the society should be developing if there are real men. Unmarried men what are you cultivating?? Young girls When a young girl comes into your presence she should leave a better person than she came.When she is leaving and someone ask what happened to you, she should be able to say i met a man who told me he wouldn't sleep with me. Cultivate this young ladies, make them better don't drag them down.
4)PROVIDER
Primarily, it is very simple. You don't have to be a batman as a man or compete with Arnold Schwarzenegger. You dont have to develop big muscles, to fulfil that purpose. Don't be mad at Adam, he is not the reason why you have to work, before the fall in Genesis2 work was ordained. Work is not a curse.Gen2:2-3. God worked. What is the significance of work It exposes your potentials. God gave male work not only because it exposes his potentials but enables him provide for those whom he is responsible in his position as a visionary and leader. Provide comes from a latin word meaning to 'see ahead'. The Male should be a visionary, he should have a vision for his life and he should work to see it accomplished, both for him, his family and others under his Care. Before a man needs a woman in his life, he needs work. God never told the woman to work. Now don't get nervous, its just a societal demands. God gave man and not the woman the responsibility to provide for the home. A woman is supposed to marry someone who is already able to provide. A man is to supply the needs of his family.
He is build physically stronger than the female, particularly in his upper body because of God's command for work
5)PROTECTOR
The lord God took man and put him in the garden to take care of it. Another responsibility of man is to 'take care'. He was to take care of everything, the woman, plants, animals, everything. God never told the woman to take care but the man. Why Because the woman is one of the things we are supposed to protect. God designed the male to protect everything under his care and covering. A male is a natural protector. His physical frame is an evidence of that but also his mental capacity. The way he is structured psychologically is designed to protect. Any woman should feel safe with you. But you see some men raise up their hands on women they were meant to protect... To protect, God gave men
Physical strength
Logical thinking
A sense of territorial protectiveness
A drive to excel "EGO"

Those are the little summary i did, may have added a few words of mine. But a whole lot was spoken in that book. It exposes your true potential as a man. Trust me and find that book.

RIP to a great mentor...

#Freest#

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Confession14(f): 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Only remote controls have these quality nowadays.Nyc write up. ftc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Princecalm(m): 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Are you in any way saying Eve did not know of the forbidden friut before eating.If no then it is lack of responsibility on Eve's part.
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Confession14:
Remote controls Well IMO i still think those remote controlled guys are the kind of men needed in this dispensation... wink

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
INTERESTING.
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Princecalm:
Are you in any way saying Eve did not know of the forbidden friut before eating.If no then it is lack of responsibility on Eve's part.
Eve actually knew... But Adam was the one that told Eve about it not God. If Eve didn't know, She wouldn't have been able to reply the serpent. So she had a knowledge of it from Adam. Meaning Adam taught her cool
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Mrval20(m): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Interesting post.
However, you should understand that every lady has her own definition of 'a real man'. So, I think it's different strokes for different folks.
#R.I.P to Myles and his family.
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mrval20:
Interesting post.
However, you should understand that every lady has her own definition of 'a real man'. So, I think it's different strokes for different folks.
#R.I.P to Myles and his family.
Thumbs up dude... Guess he wrote based on his biblical convictions...
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by jbaby265(f): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
nice one..am gonna look for dat book

pls move dis post to fp..
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
jbaby265:
nice one..am gonna look for dat book

pls move dis post to fp..

Please do.. You won't regret it... Its what every young man aspiring greater heights should lay hold on! And every young woman seeking the truth on issues shouldn't ignore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Mrval20(m): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Thumbs up dude... Guess he wrote based on his biblical convictions...
Yeah, right. These qualities are quintessential, by the way.
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Confession14:
remote controls??
grin grin grin grin grin

My kind may be rare but we are nt in extinction
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
AgapeCharis:
remote controls??
grin grin grin grin grin

Please which is your kind again
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Princecalm(m): 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Eve actually knew... But Adam was the one that told Eve about it not God. If Eve didn't know, She wouldn't have been able to reply the serpent. So she had a knowledge of it from Adam. Meaning Adam taught her cool
then that means Eve was at fault for not obeying the instructions given to her by Adam.
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
Princecalm:
then that means Eve was at fault for not obeying the instructions given to her by Adam.
Well... She was the first woman so we wouldn't know what she was going through then with all the new and amazing things around her... But that doesn't mean she isn't to blame any way. My own blame goes to Adam. You noticed as the man that Eve has eaten from the tree, all you need do was to go pluck cane from dogoyaro tree and smack the hell out of her grin
But No, he even asked for some undecided...smh#
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Please which is your kind again
My kind posses the qualities the op stated cool
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by lilmax(m): 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
I love point 4 and 5
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Confession14(f): 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Remote controls Well IMO i still think those remote controlled guys are the kind of men needed in this dispensation... wink
No..u didnt get my point...i was being literal not litrary...in essence what i mean is real men dont exist
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by destante(f): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
I love point 4 and 5
do you have those?
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Confession14(f): 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
AgapeCharis:
remote controls??
grin grin grin grin grin

really? So can we just get wedded this saturday before u change?
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
AgapeCharis:
My kind posses the qualities the op stated cool
Linus... If i hear!!!
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Confession14:
You wanna follow that guy Those are men that show their real colour one month after wedding grin
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by lilmax(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
destante:
do you have those?
of course

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Well... She was the first woman so we wouldn't know what she was going through then with all the new and amazing things around her... But that doesn't mean she isn't to blame any way. My own blame goes to Adam. You noticed as the man that Eve has eaten from the tree, all you need do was to go pluck cane from dogoyaro tree and smack the hell out of her grin
But No, he even asked for some undecided...smh#
yh Adam is to be blamed. The bible says Eve was deceived but Adam was not deceived. The guy knew what he was doing. And did u notice? Nothing changed when Eve ate of the fruit. Things changed d moment Adam ate of the fruit. Why? Because the instruction was given to Adam. Suppose Adam refrained from eating the fruit when Eve already ate of it, things wouldn't have changed.

Lesson: God can be angry with u for doing something yet someone else will do it and He will be indifferent about it.
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
Confession14:
No..u didnt get my point...i was being literal not litrary...in essence what i mean is real men dont exist
But sincerely i chose to from your school of thought. I know they do exist. Just rare to find plus society jas really defined alot of us lately, but there are men building up in this dispensation wink
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
Confession14:
Real men don't rush into marriage like dt. They observe first. What are bringing to d table?
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
AgapeCharis:
yh Adam is to be blamed. The bible says Eve was deceived but Adam was not deceived. The guy knew what he was doing. And did u notice? Nothing changed when Eve ate of the fruit. Things changed d moment Adam ate of the fruit. Why? Because the instruction was given to Adam. Suppose Adam refrained from eating the fruit when Eve already ate of it, things wouldn't have changed.

Lesson: God can be angry with u for doing something yet someone else will do it and He will be indifferent about it.
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Hmm,, WORD!!! I get that. Seems u a pastor
Anyway, Eve has her own fair share of the sin. Adam was responsible for Eve. Eve wasn't well equiped with the information God gave Adam. Her amebor was just too much. What stopped her from calling Adam when the serpent brought up conversations Since she had no indepth word from God but was only acting from the info Adam gave her
Girls doing Amebor since creation... tongue
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Linus... If i hear!!!
who's Linus? undecided
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
of course
Pishure or video of you having them or ......Adonbilivit grin
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
AgapeCharis:
who's Linus? undecided
Well, i don't think any youngman can posses all those trait at once... Atleast i know we getting there, but when you say your kind posses it all, my answer is LINUS tongue
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by lilmax(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Freest:

Pishure or video of you having them or ......Adonbilivit grin
sorry I use Nokia torch light
Re: Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe by Freest(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
lilmax:
sorry I use Nokia torch light
Real men dont use Nokia torchlight tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Good Girls Always Fall In Love With Bad Guys? / Scandal In Enugu State As Governor Impregnates Wife's Younger Sister! / Kinginvahala Is Fed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.