Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:15 PM

I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. (11834 Views)

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints? / I Now Believe God Is Real. My Evidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
I and my colleagues were having a group chat on whatsapp about different theories on how life came to be, some explained cosmozoan theory,some explained Panspermia theory, it was quite educative and interactive, I noticed the passion and zeal in their discussion,they even discussed some experiments about how volcanic eruption simulation in the laboratory could yield organic molecules and nucleotides required in the yield of living cells etc.how
Then I asked them a question,although they don't know I am an atheist yet,

Does anyone here still believe in the Bible creation stories with all these scientific facts and knowledge you guys knows.

They replied no the Bible is the ultimate truth and that they are just learning those stuffs to pass exams anyway. shocked shocked

What a waste of knowledge I said within myself. This is the mentality a lot of Nigerians carry in their head,I am just reading to pass my exam,hardly would you find the ones reading to push their country forward in the right direction.

They don't want to make research because they believe a sky daddy would get mad at them for trying to find out things "beyond their understanding".

What a pathetic situation.

The British that brought religion to control us here in Africa a lot of them have abandoned their religion and are now focusing on scientific endeavour That's why they are developing faster than Nigeria the giant of Africa.

Yes I am angry. At how religion has infiltrated this country to impede our development and cause serious intellectual laziness.

Chaiiiii. embarassed embarassed

11 Likes

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by UyiIredia(m): 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
The more intellectually lazy person here is you for failing to see easily identifiable flaws, misrepresentations and overwhelming lack of evidence for abiogenesis and evolution and suggesting that people are intellecually lazy for taking the more rational option of life being created.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
UyiIredia:
The more intellectually lazy person here is you for failing to see easily identifiable flaws, misrepresentations and overwhelming lack of evidence for abiogenesis and evolution and suggesting that people are intellecually lazy for taking the more rational option of life being created.

Please help my intellectual laziness by pointing out the easily identifiable flaws,misinterpretations and lack of evidence. Please I am open minded enough to look into them. Kindly point them out. If you don't point them out then its obvious who the intellectually lazy one here is.
The one who choose to settle for the less tasking answer---> God created it!!!! Simple!!! You like it simple Uhn? Now tell me who is the lazy one here?

3 Likes

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Tattooboy: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:
I and my colleagues were having a group chat on whatsapp about different theories on how life came to be, some explained cosmozoan theory,some explained Panspermia theory, it was quite educative and interactive, I noticed the passion and zeal in their discussion,they even discussed some experiments about how volcanic eruption simulation in the laboratory could yield organic molecules and nucleotides required in the yield of living cells etc.how

Does anyone here still believe in the Bible creation stories with all these scientific facts and knowledge you guys knows.

They replied no the Bible is the ultimate truth and that they are just learning those stuffs to pass exams anyway. shocked shocked

What a waste of knowledge I said within myself. This is the mentality a lot of Nigerians carry in their head,I am just reading to pass my exam,hardly would you find the ones reading to push their country forward in the right direction.

They don't want to make research because they believe a sky daddy would get mad at them for trying to find out things "beyond their understanding".

The British that brought religion to control us here in Africa a lot of them have abandoned their religion and are now focusing on scientific endeavour That's why they are developing faster than Nigeria the giant of Africa.

Yes I am angry. At how religion has infiltrated this country to impede our development and cause serious intellectual laziness.

part of me agrees with you but the other part doesnt.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by UyiIredia(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

Please help my intellectual laziness by pointing out the easily identifiable flaws,misinterpretations and lack of evidence. Please I am open minded enough to look into them. Kindly point them out. If you don't point them out then its obvious who the intellectually lazy one here is.
The one who choose to settle for the less tasking answer---> God created it!!!! Simple!!! You like it simple Uhn? Now tell me who is the lazy one here?

Check this article ( http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/07/what_are_the_to_1062011.html ) out for problems with the theory. I will advise you read other articles linked to in the article for more context.

I will state one of the problems here. The fact that evolutionary mechanisms fail to produce new features talk less of new species.

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
^^^^Maybe it ceased in man and other specie at the attainment of the homosapien man.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
UyiIredia:

Check this article ( http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/07/what_are_the_to_1062011.html ) out for problems with the theory. I will advise you read other articles linked to in the article for more context.

I will state one of the problems here. The fact that evolutionary mechanisms fail to produce new features talk less of new species.

How do you know evolution mechanisms fail to produce new features?

I am very sure you didn't bother to find out If What that website says is true,how would you,When you don't want to offend sky daddy.

And you are intellectually lazy. Get ur ass up and make ur research u lazy bones.

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo, I don't see the correlation. Your example is insufficient. I don't see how what you presented above is himdering us as a nation?

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
^^^^Maybe it ceased in man and other specie at the attainment of the homosapien man.

How would you say it ceased? Will you still be alive to witness the changes? undecided we can deduce the changes that are likely to occur by making logical predictions, must you see everything happen right in your eyes before believing,once there are evidences I don't see What is stopping you from believing in evolution and abiogenesis unless you don't want to offend sky daddy. grin

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by UyiIredia(m): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

How do you know evolution mechanisms fail to produce new features?

I am very sure you didn't bother to find out If What that website says is true,how would you,When you don't want to offend sky daddy.

And you are intellectually lazy. Get ur ass up and make ur research u lazy bones.

I've been following that website for years and I'm confident that talk by evolutionists that they are a sham is silly. Their links and conclusions are very authentic (many are even peer reviewed papers by evolutionists) and in many ways accurate.

As to your question. random mutations only spoils or degrades existing features and natural selection is limited in what it can do which is shuffle or select for already inherent but latent features.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
Dapo, I don't see the correlation. Your example is insufficient. I don't see how what you presented above is himdering us as a nation?

How would you see it? When everyone thinks about education as a way of feeding his own stomach only,and doesn't consider how he can use that education to push the country in the right direction,how does that not hinder the development of a nation. Everything all starts with ur mentality. Why are you educated?

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by UyiIredia(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

How would you say it ceased? Will you still be alive to witness the changes? undecided we can deduce the changes that are likely to occur by making logical predictions, must you see everything happen right in your eyes before believing,once there are evidences I don't see What is stopping you from believing in evolution and abiogenesis unless you don't want to offend sky daddy. grin
A logical prediction will be to tell me what monstrosity man could possibly evolve into. But there is none to that effect. Not to mention that despite being taught otherwise the tacit assumption is life evolves to become more complex not more simple.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
UyiIredia:

I've been following that website for years and I'm confident that talk by evolutionists that they are a sham is silly. Their links and conclusions are very authentic (many are even peer reviewed papers by evolutionists) and in many ways accurate.

As to your question. random mutations only spoils or degrades existing features and natural selection is limited in what it can do which is shuffle or select for already inherent but latent features.

So how come the horse is now way bigger than their predecessors? Does degrading cause increase in size?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
..Edited.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
UyiIredia:
A logical prediction will be to tell me what monstrosity man could possibly evolve into. But there is none to that effect. Not to mention that despite being taught otherwise the tacit assumption is life evolves to become more complex not more simple.

So size and complexity are synonymous?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

Lol. What is this talk about offending a sky daddy, bro? Please come off it.

Let me expand more. You seem to be isolating Evolution to the advancement of homosapiens or a thing that happens at the same time in all species of organism. If you didn't, you wouldn't have gone ahead to suggest that I wouldn't be alive to witness it. Because as a process happening independently in all specie of organisms every lifetime of human existence will at least be a witness to the Evolution of an organism.

Let me just assume that I did not get your meaning. Or that you are implying something different. I would then proceed to ask, what do you mean?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by honourhim: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

Why didnt religion stop America and Britain from developing? They ve been religious since ages and they ve been developied since ages. If religion didnt stop them why do you think it is stopping us or must your atheism always blind your reasoning all the time?

3 Likes

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
..Edited.

Break down ur English man. Rephrase it,I don't understand you.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

How would you see it? When everyone thinks about education as a way of feeding his own stomach only,and doesn't consider how he can use that education to push the country in the right direction,how does that not hinder the development of a nation. Everything all starts with ur mentality. Why are you educated?
Lol. The question, my friend, is, how do you relate your title that religion is hindering our progress with your op?

2 Likes

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
honourhim:

Why didnt religion stop America and Britain from developing. They ve been religious since ages and they ve been developied since ages. If religion didnt stop them why do you think it is stopping us or must your atheism always blind your reasoning all the time.

Hehehe, you wish they are religious grin
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
Lol. The question, my friend, is, how do you relate your title that religion is hindering our progress with your op?

If you weren't scared of offending a sky daddy you would take daring steps to make research in things that you consider "beyond your understanding " by the religious mind.

And also I am killing two birds with a stone. Our mentality and religion is hindering this country development
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

Break down ur English man. Rephrase it,I don't understand you.
This is what I mean. If Evolution is still happening it is logical to assume that it is happening independently and at a mutually exclusive time and not necessarily the same time between organisms.

If it is happening at different time surely every of our generation will witness the evolution of at least one specie of organism. If this is so, you can show it is not, then why do you have to suggest that we may not witness it?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
honourhim:

Why didnt religion stop America and Britain from developing? They ve been religious since ages and they ve been developied since ages. If religion didnt stop them why do you think it is stopping us or must your atheism always blind your reasoning all the time?
That is too far, bro. Countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar will do.

1 Like

Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by honourhim: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

Hehehe, you wish they are religious grin

You and i know that they ve been religious since ages and equally developed since those ages. you even confirmed in your post that they brought religion to us. Religion has been part of their national status. They started dropping religion in recent years after they ve been developed. Or are you telling us that development started in America and Britain these recent years that they started dropping religion? You people have a very silly way of reasoning just to discredit religion, especially Christianity.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

If you weren't scared of offending a sky daddy you would take daring steps to make research in things that you consider "beyond your understanding " by the religious mind.

And also I am killing two birds with a stone. Our mentality and religion is hindering this country development
I am not going to give the distraction a chance.

Please answer. How did you explain it in your op?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by honourhim: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
That is too far, bro. Countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar will do.

Yea you are right. These are very religious countries yet developed. Atheism makes these people reason so foolishly and blinds their sense of balanced judgment.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
honourhim:

You and i know that they ve been religious since ages and equally developed since those ages. you even confirmed in your post that they brought religion to us. Religion has been part of their national status. They started dropping religion in recent years after they ve been developed. Or are you telling us that development started in America and Britain these recent years that they started dropping religion? You people have a very silly way of reasoning just to discredit religion, especially Christianity.

If they don't drop religion will they make an attempt to build rocket that takes them to space,Since That's Where God lives according to the Bible.
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
honourhim:

Yea you are right. These are very religious countries yet developed. Atheism makes these people reason so foolishly and blinds their sense of balanced judgment.

The non religious ones are the ones seeding the development.
In Nigeria how many non religious do you know of?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
I am not going to give the distraction a chance.

Please answer. How did you explain it in your op?

Read the Op again its written in english
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Reyginus:
This is what I mean. If Evolution is still happening it is logical to assume that it is happening independently and at a mutually exclusive time and not necessarily the same time between organisms.

If it is happening at different time surely every of our generation will witness the evolution of at least one specie of organism. If this is so, you can show it is not, then why do you have to suggest that we may not witness it?

Ofcourse evolution is still ongoing But the changes can be seen at the microscopic level within this short period of time u have on earth.

Cappish?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by honourhim: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dapo777:

The non religious ones are the ones seeding the development.
In Nigeria how many non religious do you know of?

Obviously you have no reasonable defence to make. You that is non religious, what development have you made in Nigeria?
Re: I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
honourhim:

Obviously you have no reasonable defence to make. You that is non religious, what development have you made in Nigeria?

Is it the pastors and imams that are making the development in those countries? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / 30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist / My Encounter With Jesus Christ (occult Grand Master)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.