Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

To My Future Wife - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To My Future Wife (49196 Views)

My Future Wife Must Be From The Village. / To My Future Husband / Sorry & ashamed for my past. But NOT for my future & my baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Future Wife by ivyy(f): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
edozie04:
There are but probably not virgins,my opinion though

And why you looking for a virgin if your not one?

1 Like

Re: To My Future Wife by eleojo23: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
There is a different wind blowing on NL today.
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, naturally, I don't really comment on threads like this one about teenage dreams. I just read it, laugh, and close the link. However, I was bored at work when I saw this particular - and I decided to just throw some banter in there, while indirectly educating the youngin' about the harsh realities of life.

With life, everything happens in phases, and it's always better to let people live and learn. The real world is different, and the harsh realities and odds are disproportionately against men. Hence men can't afford to keep dreaming, and looking for dreams to buy. You just to focus on make yourself whole, and everything else shall be added unto you. Even when it comes to women, you've to let it happen organically - not fantasise.

Anyway, I'm sure the OP still lives with his parents, like majority of these over-grown babies that populate this forum (both male and female posters, even the ones in their 30s) and they don't understand the realities of life. So, the only succour for them is to always bastardise words, to fit into their fantasy world - like I see them bastardise 'maturity', 'modern', 'intelligent','logic' etc. all the time.

Hopefully, one of the little biitches on here will give the OP some pu.ssy, and after busting a nut, he'll wake up from his dream and get back to real life. grin
ah ah! Shymmex be nice na, today is sunday ocheesycheesy

On a more serious note, you have finished it, kudos bro...continues trekking to Mozambique to avoid Boko Haram attackgrin
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
ivyy:

cos he is a hypocrite, longest time though
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
ivyy:

My dear am not looking for a virgin,am looking for a good woman(although I have seen one)
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Pot calling kettle black
Re: To My Future Wife by ivyy(f): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:

Loool. How's you?
Re: To My Future Wife by ussy09(m): 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
MaleoPearls:
Attai agbaa ooo.
Naago!

1 Like

Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
ivyy:

Loool. How's you?
I am fine,,seems u went underground for some time .
Re: To My Future Wife by Igbentosan(f): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
eleojo23:
Sitting in my room and looking through the window with the cool evening breeze blowing across my face, the thought of you crossed my mind. I decided to pen down this letter to you on how I feel and how I would want our marriage to be.

Dear future wife, who you are and where you are right now, I do not know. One thing I know however is that each passing day draws me closer to you. I look forward to the day we'll meet when there will be that spark and our hearts will be bonded in love. My heart is racing in anticipation.

I've lived my life alone all this time but now I feel the need to find you, the person who will finally make my life complete. I'm a man with flaws, yes I'm not perfect and I know you are not perfect also and I don't expect you to be. Sometimes I say things that I
don’t really mean and do things that are not really my nature. I apologise for those right now.
I've got these flaws which will become obvious to you as we meet begin to relate but if after seeing all these you still decide to be with me, I promise that as long as I'm in my right mind, I shall love, cherish and respect you.
I promise to always listen to you when you simply just want to be heard. I will listen to you especially when you don’t feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with anybody else, and to the things you try to tell me when you’re not
even speaking. I promise to always listen.
I probably don’t know all the right things to say, but my feelings and words are from the heart.

Our fairy tale will happen, but remember it doesn’t go from ‘once upon a time’ to ‘happy ever after.’ So I can't promise an all rosy experience. We are two different individuals with different backgrounds, we're going to argue and disagree on issues but I will not want that to affect or change the feeling we have for each other. When we have a misunderstanding, I would not want us to sweep it under the carpet, rather we would address it and move on.
There are going to be times when our 'love feeling' will not be at its high. At such times it is our commitment to each other that will drive us to make things work between us. This fleeting feeling that we'll have when we meet will fluctuate with time and that's why I have made up my mind to love your person and not just your good looks (as that too may change). I will have you as my friend and we shall grow together.
Looking at my mum and seeing the sacrifices she has made some of which involved letting go of the things she would have loved to do, I promise to support your dreams and let you do the things that make you happy.

In times of storm I will hold your hand and we'll face it together. We will take turns being strong in times of trials and pick each other up. We will have each others back and look out for each other when the chips are down. I will support you in every way I can and I hope you do same for me.

I have seen a lot of marriages fail but ours will not be like that. We're going to make our marriage work for the sake of ourselves and the kids we'll have. I would want you to understand me and not compare me with other men. I promise to do same for you. We will not allow extended family and friends to come between us. We are going to handle our issues in our own unique way.
We will be role models to our children and we will build a model home full of love where they will live happily.

These are not just the words of a man who is high on emotions but that of a man who is ready to take responsibility.
They are words with serious implications and I have decided to take this bold step with you. God helping us and with some effort on our part, we shall make them come to pass. I'm not going to marry you because my mates are getting married. Rather I'm going to marry you because at this point in my life, I need someone with whom I can fulfil God's purpose for my life.

I know waiting isn’t easy. I’m waiting for you because I love you unconditionally. As I wait for you, I'm going to invest my time in making myself the husband that you will forever be proud of.

Wishing you all the joy and happiness you can get till we meet and begin this exciting journey together.

Lots of love from your future husband,
Eleojo.
so real, I pray you find that lucky lady soon.

1 Like

Re: To My Future Wife by ivyy(f): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
Unibenstudent:
I am fine,,seems u went underground for some time .

Am alwys underground in here
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
ivyy:

Am alwys underground in here
ehyaa ,u will come out today say amen ivvy.
Re: To My Future Wife by Guidette(f): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
People marry or get who they deserve. I have nothing else to add.

1 Like

Re: To My Future Wife by LizNaira: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
That's Lovely, you made me smile today smiley. When it happens post a photo of the two of you
Re: To My Future Wife by ShakurM(m): 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
SirShymex:
Lmao @ the soliloquy.

Future is an illusion - just think about now and enjoy life to the fullest, man.

Go out more, a lot of chics out there wanna fun. And stop daydreaming about an imaginary wife. This is why most marriages don't work cos folks don't are just rigid in their thought process, creating things that only exist there lool.
Your future is an illusion. Enjoy. sad

1 Like

Re: To My Future Wife by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
avuekwe:

That is not the subject matter on hand. The OP represents the 'few good men' who are an endangered specie. We must protect them from men who think like you so they don't go into extinction.

good men? Is dat d way u deceive them so dey turn to ur errand boys... Puhleez all dis softness is for sissy not for 'MEN' God made to dominate period
Re: To My Future Wife by UnimkeAk(m): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
OP ur Future wife dey here oh !
She no wan go, & this is the 200 rough round.
grin
Re: To My Future Wife by hydeka: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
OnyeEgo1:

good men? Is dat d way u deceive them so dey turn to ur errand boys... Puhleez all dis softness is for sissy not for 'MEN' God made to dominate period
Take things personal on nairaland at your own peril grin
Re: To My Future Wife by 1one: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
This is a very wonderfully written piece indeed.

I'm surprised why some people would have anything other than appreciation and awe for this write up, it's particularly unfortunate that some guys(judging from some comments) think that doing something like this reeks of effeminism, when did being true to yourself and reflecting the true texture of your emotions become the exclusive preserve of a woman.

It's so wrong to assume that the ideal African man shouldn't be emotional or loving or sweet or tender, it's just so wrong, if the woman was hewn out of the fabric of the man and the woman is "allowed" to be emotional and sweet and loving, how much more the man..

You don't have to lose your masculinity to be emotional and sweet and loving and tender, Infact it is one of the best ways to reflect your masculinity, knowing that being sweet and tender doesn't make you any less a man, being confident to express your sweet side as a man all the more makes you more masculine because it reflects a deep sense of confidence and if confidence is not a major reflection of masculinity, then what else is?

I think we need to re-evaluate our ideals and concepts bordering on who a man is, because many of us have very decayed notions, even with the ladies too, I was having a chat some weeks back with a lady who suggested that if I didnt drink, smoke or womanize then I'm not a "man"... I was like Ahhh Jesu!

I could go on and on and on.. But the truth is this... A man can be decently tough, yet lovingly tender, A man can be serious yet sweet, a man can be emotional and yet not be a sissy or a wimp... If the Lord and saviour of the world - Jesus, could express love, hurt, fear and other humanly emotions, then where did we get the idea from that a man is only truly a man if he's impervious to the expressions of those very emotions that make him human.

So eleojo23.... I'm feeling you, I'm feeling you too much, don't allow any warped comment from obviously warped minds put you down.. I too have my own personal letter to my future wife, and if the reason why I wrote mine is remotely close to the reason why you wrote yours, I'm sure God would bless us with the desires of our heart, after all the Bible says - "The Lord God is a sun and a shield no good thing would he withhold from those who walk uprightly"... And since a wife is a good thing.. I'm sure He'll be faithful to his word.

3 Likes

Re: To My Future Wife by Joshuadon: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nice one, but u get tym ooooooo....
Re: To My Future Wife by eleojo23: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
1one:

It's so wrong to assume that the ideal African man shouldn't be emotional or loving or sweet or tender, it's just so wrong, if the woman was hewn out of the fabric of the man and the woman is "allowed" to be emotional and sweet and loving, how much more the man..

You don't have to lose your masculinity to be emotional and sweet and loving and tender.

I think we need to re-evaluate our ideals and concepts bordering on who a man is, because many of us have very decayed notions, even with the ladies too, I was having a chat some weeks back with a lady who suggested that if I didnt drink, smoke or womanize then I'm not a "man"... I was like Ahhh Jesu!

I could go on and on and on.. But the truth is this... A man can be decently tough, yet lovingly tender, A man can be serious yet sweet, a man can be emotional and yet not be a sissy or a wimp... If the Lord and saviour of the world - Jesus, could express love, hurt, fear and other humanly emotions, then where did we get the idea from that a man is only truly a man if he's impervious to the expressions of those very emotions that make him human.

They have failed to define that word 'strength' for me. Some said it means to suppress emotions and dominate. But I see that need to dominate as a weakness in itself. It shows insecurity. You don't have to dominate to show that you're a man. It's just like respect. You don't demand it, it is earned. If you have to demand respect then there is a fundamental flaw somewhere.

I deliberately wrote and posted this here and the responses are rather amusing I must say. It shows you how many people think. Everybody claims to think outside the box yet the reverse is the case.

Thanks for dropping bysmiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Future Wife by will1am: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
grin
Re: To My Future Wife by eleojo23: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
Joshuadon:
Nice one, but u get tym ooooooo....
Josh thanks. Believe me it didn't take me a long time to write this
Re: To My Future Wife by TDstarr: 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
no wonder you aint getting laid a real nigga doesnt express his feelings like a bitch........p.s i did not read a word, its too long
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
I think the OPp is too soft and that's counterproductive bbecause from my experience,women/girrls don't like being cared for or clinged to, rather they like a man that can handle his emotions and be mean.

A man should rather strive to be complete on his own and provide for himself and whichever woman he would marry. Women are not really worth the stress if you Consider the present realities in Today's World.Economies are falling,downsizing and right sizing in the employment and dwindling resources of Nations, hence its better for a man to finetune his skills so that he can survive in today's World.

When a man stabilizes, there are millions of women to choose from in order to create and have an enduring Legaacy.Marriage is good but of what good is it when a man can't provide adequately for himself?

Young upcoming boys should discountenance the OP's Letter and World View.Cheers

2 Likes

Re: To My Future Wife by eleojo23: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Alcatraz001:
I think the OPp is too soft and that's counterproductive bbecause from my experience,women/girrls don't like being cared for or clinged to, rather they like a man that can handle his emotions and be mean.

A man should rather strive to be complete on his own and provide for himself and whichever woman he would marry.

Young upcoming boys should discountenance the OP's Letter and World View.Cheers

It's good you said 'from my experience'.
And did you read the last part where I said I'll invest my time in becoming the husband she (whoever she's going to be) would be proud of? And that includes being a man who can provide for himself and his family.
Re: To My Future Wife by paulshakur: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
lol
Re: To My Future Wife by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
wow , this is just beautiful smiley
Re: To My Future Wife by omalistic(f): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
iykedare:
If she Is a Nigerian living in Nigeria then she must be doing any of the following right now
1. Giving another guy bj
2.Being hammered to submission by one naija dlck

And you are here fantasizing. It shall be well with you o

Such a twisted mindset
Re: To My Future Wife by rago(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
eleojo23:
I know. Life doesn't go on a straight line and things don't always work out the way we expect them to. I'm not looking forward to having a perfect woman or marriage. I'm however looking forward to a marriage that will thrive despite the odds.
Thanks for dropping by.

my guy, av taken lots of time to read and read comments on ds thread. m one of d guys who wud tell u nothing but d truth. I recall that my latest thread on NL is about d need to get married real quick on d part of women. I wrote that they are so gaga about it...they dream, imagine, and get real emotional about it. so I asked NL: Y are wimin so gaga about marriage. thankfully, 99% of responses from folks, both sex, were honest, intelligent and just plain incredible.

I had a chance 2 c all of the comments plus ow ds dude shymex or smthing and urself had a war of words over it. I applaud u both. but I agree with much of wat d dude said on there. bro, try to b open minded and try to develop thicker skin. u wud need it.
long ago, I remember my dad telling me not to ever ever trust a woman in ma lyf! regardless of whether she has 10 kids 4 ya already, or whether u both hv been together for a century. u wud love her, care for her, protect her and what have u. but u still gotta stay ontop of ur game......being a man.
now dnt get me wrong, my parents are still hapily married and they r so happy still being together for more than 2 decades. But he sure knew wat he was talking about. wimin...wimi n..women...

my guy, u shud listen to some of wat dz guys were talking about. focus. work hard. upgrade ur life in all aspects. dnt tak ds lyf so seriously. Enjoy today to d fullest. pls be a man, think like a man, while also maintaining that "sweet, feminine" aspect of ur personality. stay clear. but I hope ur dreams come thru and I hope u wud find a woman who wud share d same things u do about wat an ideal marrige is. hmnn, God help.u!
Re: To My Future Wife by eleojo23: 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
rago:

my guy, av taken lots of time to read and read comments on ds thread. m one of d guys who wud tell u nothing but d truth. I recall that my latest thread on NL is about d need to get married real quick on d part of women. I wrote that they are so gaga about it...they dream, imagine, and get real emotional about it. so I asked NL: Y are wimin so gaga about marriage. thankfully, 99% of responses from folks, both sex, were honest, intelligent and just plain incredible.

I had a chance 2 c all of the comments plus ow ds dude shymex or smthing and urself had a war of words over it. I applaud u both. but I agree with much of wat d dude said on there. bro, try to b open minded and try to develop thicker skin. u wud need it.
long ago, I remember my dad telling me not to ever ever trust a woman in ma lyf! regardless of whether she has 10 kids 4 ya already, or whether u both hv been together for a century. u wud love her, care for her, protect her and what have u. but u still gotta stay ontop of ur game......being a man.
now dnt get me wrong, my parents are still hapily married and they r so happy still being together for more than 2 decades. But he sure knew wat he was talking about. wimin...wimi n..women...

[b]my guy, u shud listen to some of wat dz guys were talking about. focus. work hard. upgrade ur life in all aspects. dnt tak ds lyf so seriously. Enjoy today to d fullest. pls be a man, think like a man, while also maintaining that "sweet, feminine" aspect of ur personality. [/b]stay clear. but I hope ur dreams come thru and I hope u wud find a woman who wud share d same things u do about wat an ideal marrige is. hmnn, God help.u!

Noted. You may want to go through some of my topics before you make conclusions as to who I am. Thanks.
Re: To My Future Wife by iykedare(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
omalistic:

Such a twisted mindset

Even if an mgbeke like you were caught sucking the life of a dlck,you will still deny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing / My Hubby Starves Me Of Sex: What To Do? / Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.