Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage (47141 Views)

Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? / Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by sexybash(f): 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
The journey nor easy
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by HonourablePomk: 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ok
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by chupcake(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Yeaa... All that can happen buh the first year will also be the honeymoon period of the marriage where you'll have loads of sex. If the dating period had a level of understanding that is strong, you should have had ample time to spend with your partner, its when the marriage gets to 3-4yrs, that's when it becomes scary, that's when it dawns on you, you really aren't going no where buh either way, I can't wait to get married.

1 Like

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
datguru:

My brother, you need Jesus in every area of your life ooo . Even to be able to cook your soup well, you need Jesus not to talk of marriage
u need help. You must be an ATM for your pastor
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by jibs4lv(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
datguru:
It is not my portion IJN
its nt a course bt realit
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by sureteeboy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
I wonder why the mods hid my post because I wrote ' sureteeboy is typing' AT LEAST, I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO BOOKED SPACE. WHAT GOES FOR MR A SHOULD GO FOR MR B AS WELL. IF OTHER SPACE BOOKER'S POST ARE NOT HIDDEN, WHY SHOULD MINE BE HIDDEN??
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by menesheh(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
Yea true talk, buh sometime u don't face all these during 1st year of marriage but any time in the marriage especially during 1st to 10 yrs of marriage.

Another marriage till 2020
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Misogynist2014(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
Every tom, dïck and harry knows this. angry
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by braine(m): 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
spiralwedge:

shmilling n shuffering tinz, shey?

Abi nao..
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Pamcrest(f): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
Op, I don't agree with some of your points. If d couple had a reasonable courtship period, they wd have faced some of these challenges n mastered how to deal with them even before they get married.
Don't be surprised that some of d challenges may even surface after many years of marriage....that's why u see marriages of 6,10, 14yrs breaking up n leading to divorce.
That's why we encourage courtship n counsellling for intending couples. Afterl marriage, couples should go for marriage retreats every 2 to 3 yrs.....I tell u these things help!
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by braine(m): 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
spiralwedge:

shmilling n shuffering tinz, shey?

Abi nao..
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Nursy(f): 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
When I get to the bridge I will cross over..... I just don't want unnecessary stress from a man who calls himself my husband.

1 Like

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by checkdate(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
kayciano:
But. People face. All. Diz in. Dating naaaa..
I was expecting to see Something NEW...
WHICH OF THE PROBLEMS?

MARRIAGE IS DIFFERENT FROM DATING.
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Ilekeh(f): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
"Why are you not pregnant yet? Are you barren?" cheesy

Explains why Nigerian marriage is a mess. Couples don't even get to enjoy their union before introducing parenthood stress.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by zingobaby: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
Only by the grace of God
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by thegoodone2(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
some time till 3 rd yeat
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by kalet55(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
Yea
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by martolux(m): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
ifymusa:
Hmmmm am learning oh undecided
at 30 abi??
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by AJOT99(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
U are right.

Check my signature for the best data bundle deals for MTN and Etisalat.
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Badirukehinde(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
"MARRAIGE" So many have taken this course with nonchalance...It's a course that needs dedication,time,focus.alignment towards the kingdom and prayers.....I call it a course to show the proximity of its importance.Marriage is an institution entirely that needs commitment from both partners,Understanding is the charger needed to boost a healthy marriage.Like a quote I once shared "Make sure he/she share your dreams".This is of paramount importance to marriage.Don't end divorcing one another due to nagging and indifference that comes from him or her when you talk about your career,plans or dreams to him/her... Just the little my little self have got to share.Though I'm not married but I'v learnt from successful marriages and I know mine will be some day. Get Motivated,inspired and live coach on my page www.facebook.com/badirukehindeinspires. You can also view the poem I wrote dedicated to the Yobe school girls,it didin't make front page www.badirukehindewrites.. 28cc09AC God Bless NL #ConcernedNigerian #RelationshipTalk. Bless You OP..I owe you 1 ice cream *winks*

1 Like

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by martolux(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2014
chupcake:
.. buh either way, I can't wait to get married.
you can't wait to get married my brother, u r dangerous!!
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Vanellope:
OK. Got it.

Hey
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by judedwriter(m): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Marriage is a marathon; but many think its just a 100meters sprint. You have to endure and be willing to forgive. The reason many dirvorce is because of impatience and unforgiveness. My young peeps, if u wan marry, make sure u marry d person wey u love die and d person too love u o...a word is enough 4 the wise wink
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
[deleted]
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Wealthycharles(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Points are well articulated.I'm 8 months old in marriage,with a pregnant wife one really need to b very understanding,tolerant and patient. My wife confessed I kill her temperament with lovin kindness and positive attitude and it makes her melt in love @ d sound of my voice....may God continue to endow us with wisdom and understanding IJN

10 Likes

Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
Rolly83:

Hey,I know you,you're my ex.I have your picture on my Facebook account!!!Are you sure you are the girl on the profile pix?

Your ex indeed smiley
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by Badirukehinde(m): 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
Just using this opportunity to say let's reflect on the death of these little children.My soldarity for peace and humanity stimulated me to write this...Let say no to violence. For the victims of the Yobe bomb blast 10/11/14 https://badirukehindewrites./2014/11/12/dedicated-to-the-memory-of-the-kids-who-lost-their-lives-on-101114-in-the-yobe-blast/
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by piagetskinner(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
judedwriter:
Marriage is a marathon; but many think its just a 100meters sprint. You have to endure and be willing to forgive. The reason many dirvorce is because of impatience and unforgiveness. My young peeps, if u wan marry, make sure u marry d person wey u love die and d person too love u o...a word is enough 4 the wise wink
Na tru o my bro/sis
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by unongu(m): 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
Likely true. However, not all marriages experience the enumerated challenges, and, not all the 8 challenges are experienced in a marriage in one year. Except if the married couple didnt get their priorities right before marriage. The only challenge i experienced in my first year is number 6. Asides that, it was and ahs been a smooth ride, seven years and counting.
Re: 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage by chupcake(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
martolux:
you can't wait to get married my brother, u r dangerous!!

Dangerous bawo... I really can't wait, this single life haff tire me nii jare. There is only so much random sex you can have before it gets tiring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice Needed / “My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.