Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:16 PM

I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (67019 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / Does Travelling Within Nigeria By Air Require Any Document / Describe Your First Trip By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by IcePk(m): 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
Just stay calm,GOD is in control. Incase u 4got ur gona be using one of His express route nt man made galop road. To b on d safest side make sure u gve ur life to Christ oh! Just incase,u neva knw. Safe flight bro!

1 Like

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by readonenaire(m): 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
olukenzo:

The wings appear to shake when the plane is taxiing as it rides on the joiners between the runway concrete slabs, when it is banking, in turbulence and when the brakes are applied when landing. It appears firm at other times.

I love to sit by the window on the wings. I think it gives the best view. I prefer the exit row seat (A11 or 12/F11 or 12 on the 737-400) in economy because it has leg room. However, one has to take the responsibility of manning the exit door in case of emergency.

Always pick an A seat if you want to seat by the window wink
I thought I'm the one that know about the exit row seats wink you ar really an aviation enthusiast
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by agedmanng: 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
olukenzo:

Ah. You're right. The wings, flaps and the ailerons. If you sit close enough to the windows or on the wings, you'd actually see and hear these parts move as the plane tries to gain altitude or descend or turn etc. And when the brakes are applied, the flaps extend, move up vertically so as act as "spoilers".

They have this prominent moving mechanical part sound, Mostly heard when the plane is increasing altitude... There is also the rudder for horizontal control. Cool stuff.

Are you a mechanical engineer or you just have general knowledge of an aircraft? If none of these then I see someone has been spending much with seeing DW.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by CoCoLav(f): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2014
mifavour:

d lady on ur dp tho! lol

How do you know its not me sad

1 Like

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by sanyablaze(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
When u get to Ibadan...tell the conductor u wanna buy Akara
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
readonenaire:
I thought I'm the one that know about the exit row seats wink you ar really an aviation enthusiast

wink It is an open secret actually. And you may not want the exit row seat in a bigger plane as a 767 that have the toilets right in front of you. Plus the trays being in the arm rest may make it immovable.

I wish! I am far from being an enthusiast.

Honestly, the little I know and have written about I doubt qualifies me as an enthusiast. An enthusiast will in addition to all fly for pleasure. Sadly, I haven't.

agedmanng:

Are you a mechanical engineer or you just have general knowledge of an aircraft? If none of these then I see someone has been spending much with seeing DW.

I just like planes sir.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by thaoriginator: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
readonenaire:
dude! cheesy
Sup! smiley d guy nuh even reply
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Abba999(f): 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
Pavore9:
@ArcBishopmarie you remind me of some igbo traders l flew with on Ethiopian airways, we were in the economy class but they were jokingly disturbing the air hostesses to go and bring wine for them from the business class!

Yes! Those boys are so loud and drunkards in-flight undecided
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
Aawww just relax smiley you'll be fine okay? smiley

I wish you a safe journey!
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Ogaredu(m): 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
Had my first experience today, It was nerve racking! it wasn't a public airliner however.
Go early, observe and do exactly what other people are doing.. Ask questions if you're not sure what to do.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by LaconicINC: 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
nvnnyz:
don't forget to open the window to collect fresh air
Y be I go die younger brother? grin
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by readonenaire(m): 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
olukenzo:

wink It is an open secret actually. And you may not want the exit row seat in a bigger plane as a 767 that have the toilets right in front of you. Plus the trays being in the arm rest may make it immovable.

I wish! I am far from being an enthusiast.

Honestly, the little I know and have written about I doubt qualifies me as an enthusiast. An enthusiast will in addition to all fly for pleasure. Sadly, I haven't.

I pick the drift and I hope you know gathering this much interest and information about flying indulge the pleasure you derive in the act regardless of whatever intent that put you on a bird initially wink

fly like an eagle; let my spirit carry me Steve Miller

Happy flying cool

2 Likes

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLV7faj1M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F182QWyrob4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTNj6IWey4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POu1e71OlMo

Crosswind landing is as scary as ef. Adrenaline cheesy I have never witnessed it, but I read and watched so much about it. They have styles of beating the wind. Most times the plane has to land at an angle and vertically like a VTOL.

The first video is what you want, notice the flappers on the wings at different stages. Look out for the mechanical sound of the wing component during ascent as 1:31.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by savio07(m): 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
nvnnyz:
don't forget to open the window to collect fresh air
How will he collect it. With bucket or cup?

1 Like

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Kenfil(f): 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
Odinaka00:
Last flight to Abuja, have u seen that movie mbu? Gbalia to see that movie b4 unu apuo, thank me later

U are very wicked oo lol
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by beamed: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
And be warned, ARIK definitely delay your flight. It can be very frustrating. Just saying.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by LaconicINC: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
savio07:
How will he collect it. With bucket or cup?
grin grin grin grin nah with a pipe
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Pavore9: 10:13pm On Nov 14, 2014
Abba999:

Yes! Those boys are so loud and drunkards in-flight undecided
They are very "razz"!
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Abba999(f): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
Pavore9:
They are very "razz"!

Heeey! See bekee wink

My dear, Please tune down your grammar for me
Am a little village mama oo! grin cheesy
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 15, 2014
tolutweety:

As a first timer, i ll advise you get to the airport on time...prolly 1hr before departure time.
After getting your boarding pass... stylishly ask the arik lady what next n where next to go.

When u eventually board the plane, snap jor....dont mind those that say u shldnt. Take one or two before u eventually put off your fone.
Ask anyone around you to help with the seat belt too...

Oga...no crime being a first timer, and no crime in asking .
Safe journey !

Word...was also a first timer with arik...no shame jarey...being a first timer doesn't determine my worth and if any flight crew follow me yearn dust cos of that I go yab am str8...I prefer flying to road travel now...its extremely convenient and you'll almost continue once you start...imagine getting to abuja from lagos in an hour what you could spend up to 8hrs by road...life is beautiful so enjoy it.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by zudozz: 2:01am On Nov 15, 2014
BOOOOOOOOOZE well welll. Black label, blue label orange label indigo label n white label........... When U re up in d air ur eyes ll clear!!!!!!!!

Just pray d person beside u is an understanding person. Also if na international flight no too ask ur fellow passengers question . dey look others dey do as them dey do...But if na local flight/just take am say u dey go d next bus stop go buy something from Malam. No fear. Its usually 10 minutes take off 25 minutes flying n another 10 minutes 4 landing which is nothing. Believe me.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 15, 2014
berem:
I had my very first flight on my way to Abuja from Lagos in september courtesy of a nairalander. cool
I was really scared and I kept asking everyone around me how the experience was. All I kept hearing was
"aaahh! You will vomit o!
Don't sit near the window.
Make sure you pray,
Buy enough chewing gum and tom tom
Bla bla bla!! "

My flight was slated for 1.30pm,Discovery Airline. I bought enough chewing gum to last me throughout the flight. I boarded the plane and I sat next to the window. Every other thing that happened next,I wasn't scared. I behaved like someone who was not a first timer. Coming back to Lagos,I boarded Aero Contractors. All the same,it was a nice journey.

cheesy cheesy

Sister b,na you dey local like this
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Pavore9: 4:17am On Nov 15, 2014
Abba999:

Heeey! See bekee wink
My dear, Please tune down your grammar for me
Am a little village mama oo! grin cheesy
Biko kwa nu, is "razz" bekee? lf u can navigate nairaland then u be Behind little village mama!
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:16am On Nov 15, 2014
berem:
I had my very first flight on my way to Abuja from Lagos in september courtesy of a nairalander. cool
I was really scared and I kept asking everyone around me how the experience was. All I kept hearing was
"aaahh! You will vomit o!
Don't sit near the window.
Make sure you pray,
Buy enough chewing gum and tom tom
Bla bla bla!! "

My flight was slated for 1.30pm,Discovery Airline. I bought enough chewing gum to last me throughout the flight. I boarded the plane and I sat next to the window. Every other thing that happened next,I wasn't scared. I behaved like someone who was not a first timer. Coming back to Lagos,I boarded Aero Contractors. All the same,it was a nice journey.

cheesy cheesy

Cramjones ope o!
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by obyrich(m): 5:46am On Nov 15, 2014
Mustay:

Dunno, this made me just think of Danbaba Suntai undecided
Funny but true. The guy likes watching planes take off and land, and now dreaming of flying one as a hubby just like Danbaba.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by jozeph1(m): 7:04am On Nov 15, 2014
Those plane seats arent comfortable somtymz, so go with your wrapper so you'll spread on the floor to relax
cos say, you be novice, go in with your small bottle drink, you'll probably be shy to call the hostess
if it gets too hot or foul odur develops smash off the window to let in fresh air
do with your pen and paper you might see foreigners get their contacts or pin,infact you may probably write a resume if you notice the foreigner is a businessman or woman
that's all the tips i can give to you
lastly no forget carry your camera , cos it'll be annonyin wen you later remember that you didnt take a selfie on the plane unto facebook, instagram or bbm thingz wink

1 Like

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by ArcBishopmarie(m): 7:23am On Nov 15, 2014
Objection please.. They were not loud and drunkards, they were just being thenselfs. Even those that pretends not to be needing anything and some white started asking for more when they saw that the hostiess were responding positively... Guy da services was paid for.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by UTEWUOJO: 7:27am On Nov 15, 2014
On ur arrival @ de airport, tell them dat u want to stay @ de front seat
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Cramjones ope o!
nops! You got it wrong,try harder!
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Abba999(f): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2014
Pavore9:
Biko kwa nu, is "razz" bekee? lf u can navigate nairaland then u be Behind little village mama!

Nai!!! I was only whispering your ear smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Noticed This About Nigerians Who Have Family Members Abroad? / Lagos: Narrate Your Trekking Experience This Morning / Photos Of Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos That Will Be Commissioned By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.