Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? (3324 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Foreigners To Be Charged To Access UK's NHS (2) (3) (4)

Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by kpomkwem(m): 2:33am On Nov 25, 2008
Do you think that obese people, who occupy an extra seat in a plane, should pay for that extra seat?

Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 2:38am On Nov 25, 2008
they already pay for the extra seat,if you occupy 2 seats why shouldn't you pay for 2?
can you go into mama Nneka's buka and ask for 2 plates of rice and pay just for one?
It's only fair
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by MrCrackles(m): 2:39am On Nov 25, 2008
Oh yes i agree
Fatso's
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by spoilt(f): 2:40am On Nov 25, 2008
what a topic. you guys are funny. grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 2:47am On Nov 25, 2008
chei see racism oh. . . shocked why must we pay for two seats. . . is it our fault our behinds r too big. , its water retention na tongue
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 2:52am On Nov 25, 2008
even it's akamu retention if you can't pack them into a single seat after holding ya breathe,you'd better have a credit card handy grin
if you don't like it,cut off a butt cheek leave it behind grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 2:54am On Nov 25, 2008
but it is also a gnetic defect na, i hav d fat gene. . . why shd i pay for sumthin thats not my fault?
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by spoilt(f): 2:54am On Nov 25, 2008
HR.hotness:

but it is also a gnetic defect na, i hav d fat gene. . . why should i pay for sumthin thats not my fault?

you can travel by ship. Lots of butt room.  grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 2:57am On Nov 25, 2008
rofl.
but those seats are not made for african women jor.
we need bigger seats to contain some of us and our assets
I don't want to be spilling over into the aisle if I don't pack myself well grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by KarmaMod(f): 2:59am On Nov 25, 2008
so they should make eba proof seats?
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 3:02am On Nov 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

so they should make eba proof seats?

that wld be nice, yes thank u grin

spoilt:

you can travel by ship. Lots of butt room. grin

i get sea sick embarassed
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by Busybody2(f): 3:03am On Nov 25, 2008
Read something over the weekend about some airlines in America now having to give big people two seats for the price of one cool
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 3:08am On Nov 25, 2008
Busy_body:

Read something over the weekend about some airlines in America now having to give big people two seats for the price of one cool

now thats what i'm talkin about, my big fab behind can hav some room to breathe grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by CodeRED(f): 3:11am On Nov 25, 2008
@topic

YES YES YES, THE MTA should look into this measure to close their sillyass budget gap instead of a fare hike, Mad people.

I am sure these lazy people will cook and stop going to MD to eat junk.
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 3:13am On Nov 25, 2008
CodeRED:

@topic

YES YES YES, THE MTA should look into this measure to close their sillyass budget gap instead of a fare hike, Mad people.

I am sure these lazy people will cook and stop going to MD to eat junk.

why u dey bex na?

i hav told u it is water retention and genetic defect. . . we don't eat that junk, even when we do we hav a diet coke. . . so its not like we r not trying  sad
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 3:17am On Nov 25, 2008
codered some people are obese from their mothers womb na
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by A40(m): 3:20am On Nov 25, 2008
kpomkwem:

Do you think that obese people, who occupy an extra seat in a plane, should pay for that extra seat?
Yes of course why should i and someone like Rubben Studdard or Fat Joe pay the same amount for a plane ticket when its obvious they would occupy more spaces than i would
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by CodeRED(f): 3:20am On Nov 25, 2008
Osisi and HR let me apologise, Honestly, I missed that vital part. I meant to say, those who deliberately make themselves fat.  I am aware that genetics play a huge role in one's makeup. My bad. sowry grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 3:21am On Nov 25, 2008
A-40:

Yes of course why should i and someone like Rubben Studdard or Fat Joe pay the same amount for a plane ticket when its obvious they would occupy more spaces than i would

ruben studdard,the velvet teddy bear?
he's just big boned grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by Nobody: 3:23am On Nov 25, 2008
What?
This is discrimination undecided Why should I pay extra? undecided

lIKE SERIOUSLY, THIS IS RIDICULOUS
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 3:23am On Nov 25, 2008
but honestly speaking try seating near a really large person on a flight.
His legs and sides will be all up in your space
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by CodeRED(f): 3:23am On Nov 25, 2008
*osisi:

he's just big boned grin

I will pass on those types of teddy bears o. I don't want "crushed by hubby" written on my DC.

*osisi:

but honestly speaking try seating near a really large person on a flight.
His legs and sides will be all up in your space

Last year I was on a jetblue flight to Las vegas and this 340lb elephant was near me. SHe was all up in my "lil sef", I had to be wiggling like a worm to just to get my share of oxygen. And what really threw me off was when she decided to see. Her carryon was filled of snacks( all junk)
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by savanaha: 3:24am On Nov 25, 2008
In the movie "why did I get married" they did and she couldn't pay so they told her big butt to go walk off the fat and shame. That is really discrimmination.
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 3:24am On Nov 25, 2008
CodeRED:

Osisi and HR let me apologise, Honestly, I missed that vital part. I meant to say, those who deliberately make themselves fat.  I am aware that genetics play a huge role in one's makeup. My bad. sowry grin

on behalf of all my unintentionally obese passe, apology accepted grin

*osisi:

he's just big boned grin

and fat Joe has a thyroid defect  grin
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 3:25am On Nov 25, 2008

CodeRED:

I will pass on those types of teddy bears o. I don't want "crushed by hubby" written on my DC.
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 3:27am On Nov 25, 2008
CodeRED:

Osisi and HR let me apologise, Honestly, I missed that vital part. I meant to say, those who deliberately make themselves fat. I am aware that genetics play a huge role in one's makeup. My bad. sowry grin

my dear only a small handful of obese people have a genetic defect.
That's just an excuse to lose control
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by osisi6(f): 3:29am On Nov 25, 2008
HR.hotness:

and fat Joe has a thyroid defect grin

ROFL.
he's on steroid medication
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by CodeRED(f): 3:30am On Nov 25, 2008
HR you are NOT obese( I have seen your pic wink)

*osisi:

my dear only a small handful of obese people have a genetic defect.
That's just an excuse to lose control
Yes my dear I am fully aware of that too. One once told me, well her mother is fat, grandmother was, so it's ok if she gets fat too. NONSENSE
Osisi I hope that Jamaican has finally let Mr.Osisi alone o, ( or I will have to come flexicise me muscles on her now grin

Seriously, I was placed on hormones a couple of years ago and it really added some pounds and I was taunted by my friends a lot. And to think I just simply went from a size 2 up to a 6 and I was called fat. So I empathise with fat people, especially those who have no control over it at all.
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 3:32am On Nov 25, 2008
CodeRED:

HR you are NOT obese( I have seen your pic wink)

WHAT?!! shocked

WHERE?!!

shd i be afraid of u now? .

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by A40(m): 3:34am On Nov 25, 2008
*osisi:

he's just big boned grin
Lol i don't know about that but think about it if you want to deliver a package via courier you pay more for a heavier package right?same as for carrying extra luggage so it only makes sense they pay more
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by CodeRED(f): 3:35am On Nov 25, 2008
HR.hotness:

WHAT?!! shocked

WHERE?!!

should i be afraid of u now? .

tongue tongue tongue

Naa afraid of me? why? I am 4ft 3 in cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. What a midget possibly do to you? cheesy cheesy wink

But seriously you are not obesed
Re: Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? by HRhotness(f): 3:36am On Nov 25, 2008
CodeRED:

Naa afraid of me? why? I am 4ft 3 in cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. What a midget possibly do to you? cheesy cheesy wink

But seriously you are not obesed

that wld depend on what pic u saw wink

Apply For UK Exceptional Talent Visa (tier 1) / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / Are They The Shortest Tribe In The World?