Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! (1889 Views)

''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' / Secure Your Job With These Habits. / REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by CVWizards(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
BEWARE! 6 DANGEROUS CV MISTAKES THAT RUIN YOUR JOB SEARCH!

Do you think your CV is good enough to get you desired interview calls? Here are some useful Tips to make your CV good to go.

We have discovered with dismay that most CVs have one or more of the following mistakes. Say 1 out of every 10 CVs. Try as much as possible to avoid them.

1. Ridiculous email address

Do not use inappropriate, non-professional-sounding email address on your CV. It creates a first but bad impression. Do not use funny chat email ids like "nancy4luv@yahoo.com" or "sweethoney@gmail.com" or "flyingangel01@hotmail.com etc.

2. Spelling and grammatical errors

Always cross check every word and spelling on your CV to avoid errors. When recruiters come across a CV with wrong spellings and grammatical errors, they are of the impression that you lack due diligence and care. And you know what that means – You are not fit for the job.

3. Missing or incomplete information

Do not omit.... Read complete article at: http://blog.cvwizards.com.ng/?p=260

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Hundreds of graduates and professionals have used our services to secure high-paying jobs with Oil companies, Banks, Multinationals etc. We can help you achieve yours too. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
*CV distribution service (Subscribe to this service and get your CV in front of top Nigerian recruiters and employers)

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
And your cv will give me a job right?

1 Like

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by CVWizards(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
No, but it will get you an interview. In case you are not aware, a well-written CV is the first step towards securing a good job. Interviews cost employers money and time. So in other to minimize these costs, they shortlist only a few candidates that meet their requirements, out of many for interview. Your CV becomes your only marketing tool. If it sells you well, the employer invites you for an interview. If it fails to sell you, the employer dumps it in the waste bin. So you see how important a CV is.
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by chyna4luv: 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Lolllllll! Don't mind him. He's doing all these so that people can visit his blog. The blessings of GOD maketh riches and added no sorrow. God will bless whom HE wants to bless.

Everyday CV Wizard rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Spidermon: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
bros u do not have a point. my email is makaveli5on at bla bla bla. nd i still get invites. mr cv abeg u gt job self
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Daluuzor(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
will a CV without job experience get you a job? what about the age factor? what about your location? my brother, from my months of experience looking for job, your CV does little or no good, what matters are; God factor, Godfatherism "who do you know, long leg" experience, bla bla blah.

1 Like

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by CVWizards(m): 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
chyna4luv:

Lolllllll! Don't mind him. He's doing all these so that people can visit his blog. The blessings of GOD maketh riches and added no sorrow. God will bless whom HE wants to bless.

Everyday CV Wizard rubbish.
Yes, I want people to visit the blog. By so doing, they'll have access to a lot of information that will in one way or the other simplify their job search. And for your info, God has blessed me already. Though I still hope for more. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
Daluuzor:
will a CV without job experience get you a job? what about the age factor? what about your location? my brother, from my months of experience looking for job, your CV does little or no good, what matters are; God factor, Godfatherism "who do you know, long leg" experience, bla bla blah.
not totally true my chemist, a good and well structured CV can get u a call for interview, being what the HR needs (not want) is another thing.
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Daluuzor(m): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
PrinceofParis:
not totally true my chemist, a good and well structured CV can get u a call for interview, being what the HR needs (not want) is another thing.
wow, my ebullient colleague, good to hear from you, what more can I say but to agree with you, but except for a graduate trainee position, which does not require experience, don't you think it is cumbersome to land a job in our present day Nigeria without experience and skills?
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
Daluuzor:

wow, my ebullient colleague, good to hear from you, what more can I say but to agree with you, but except for a graduate trainee position, which does not require experience, don't you think it is cumbersome to land a job in our present day Nigeria without experience and skills?
Show me a graduate without skills and competences and I will point at someone who lacks self motivation, self evaluation and ambition. Getting a job as a graduate without connection or favoritism is not easy but its very very possible. Just don't be like the crowd. When others are sending CV online and job hunting online, you do a walk in. Your cV should be tooshed to taste though, cos u need to impress to get called. U sometimes ould get interviewed alone for a single position. How you perform at d interview in relation to the job matters a lot.
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Daluuzor(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
PrinceofParis:

Show me a graduate without skills and competences and I will point at someone who lacks self motivation, self evaluation and ambition. Getting a job as a graduate without connection or favoritism is not easy but its very very possible. Just don't be like the crowd. When others are sending CV online and job hunting online, you do a walk in. Your cV should be tooshed to taste though, cos u need to impress to get called. U sometimes ould get interviewed alone for a single position. How you perform at d interview in relation to the job matters a lot.
hmm, I rest my case.
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
PrinceofParis:

Walk ins rarely works, except it is a very small firm.All medium to large companies do no accept walk in cvs. I searched for a job for one year in nigeria before I got my job,so I'm talking from experience.

If you are a young graduate just work on your aptitude test skills. Make sure your cv is one page and error free. Also use action verbs to highlight experiences and achievements. That is probably all you need.

Shun this cv wizard guy, if you are valuable your cv doesn’t really matter.

Most importantly, do not ignore small companies in your target industry. Get experience, the big guns will come for you eventually or you start your own business.

4 Likes

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 15, 2014
Taaa, see Nigerian youths ... Somebody just came up with a superb information regarding 'don'ts' on a CV and y'all crucified him .... If the information is not useful to you it will surely be useful to others that aint aware of them .... We have many guests on Nairaland and no-comment usernames .... The fact that there are few supportive comment on a thread doesn't mean its information aint useful !!

No wonder there is underdevelopment everywhere Imagine one of this poor posters above me is given the mantle of leadership , he will never attach worth to it !!
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by festico: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2014
CVWizards:
Yes, I want people to visit the blog. By so doing, they'll have access to a lot of information that will in one way or the other simplify their job search. And for your info, God has blessed me already. Though I still hope for more. Have a wonderful weekend.

And what stops u from posting the infor here?
Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by RotrEmmanuel: 6:28am On Nov 15, 2014
OK

Re: Beware! 6 Dangerous Cv Mistakes That Ruin Your Job Search! by Hussyk: 6:42am On Nov 15, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Nbplc / Clayfields & Harrow / Part-time Job Opportunities For Undergraduate And Post-graduate Students Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.