Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

What Is South South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is South South? (6491 Views)

Why Is South-south Often Referred To As 'the East'? / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / What The Heck Is South South? It Should Be East, West, North And South! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is South South? by oluwalfa: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
Please what the hell is South South? What makes one a South Southerner?

I am trying to get my head around this because someone from Edo state and another from Ogoja all claim South South while someone from Abia is not.

Is South South a U-Shape geographical location? Why?

1 Like

Re: What Is South South? by stebell(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
Niger Delta is the land that flows with milk and honey.

It is the Niger Delta that is keeping this country in one piece.

Remove the ND and yu hav nothing as Naija.

Ma 2cent tho

2 Likes

Re: What Is South South? by johnbuck81(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
shame to d op...
d op dnt kno wat is "niger delta."
op try this..»what is 1+1?
Re: What Is South South? by kel4soft: 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
oluwalfa:
Please what the hell is Niger Delta? What makes one a Niger Deltan?

I am trying to get my head around this because someone from Edo state and another from Ogoja all claim Niger Deltans while someone from Abia is not.

Is Niger Delta a U-Shape geographical location? Why?

Who says someone from Abia State is not?
Re: What Is South South? by kel4soft: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
Although there is political Niger Delta and core Niger Delta. The people from these two groups know themselves respectively.
Re: What Is South South? by cheruv: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
Niger delta is simply bayelsa,rivers and delta and the main ethnicities there are Ijo,Igbo and urobo/isoko.any other state or ethnicity claiming ND is there for the money lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Is South South? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
The geographical/real delta of the river Niger comprises of rivers, delta, bayelsa.The political Niger delta has imo, abia, Edo, ondo, akwaibom.
Re: What Is South South? by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
I am from ABIA,I am Niger Benue
Re: What Is South South? by Akpaife(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
I am so pround to be an igbo man

1 Like

Re: What Is South South? by omololu2020(m): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
I am so proud to be a yoruba man

1 Like

Re: What Is South South? by abdulwastecx(m): 6:07am On Nov 16, 2014
stebell:
Niger Delta is the land that flows with milk and honey.

It is the Niger Delta that is keeping this country in one piece.

Remove the ND and yu hav nothing as Naija.

Ma 2cent tho

The reasons why Niger delta is keeping the government is because of their lack of initiative to develop more competitive product from agriculture, mining, servicing, manufacturing etc.

oil and gas only contributes 15% Nigeria gdp, so to somebody like me in construction industry paying top naira for oil, providing my own domestic water ( through bored hole), prividing my own sewage etc.

oil revenue of $25 billions dollars iw not enough to even sustained Lagos state not to talk of Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is South South? by abdulwastecx(m): 6:11am On Nov 16, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
The geographical/real delta of the river Niger comprises of rivers, delta, bayelsa.The political Niger delta has imo, abia, Edo, ondo, akwaibom.

A delta is an area of land in which a river
divides into smaller rivers and empties into
a larger body of water. since the river flowing into the ocean is not river Niger but mixtures of river Benue and river Niger. so, it should be called Niger-Benue delta
Re: What Is South South? by kettykin: 6:39am On Nov 16, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
I am from ABIA,I am Niger Benue

you are supposed to be Benue Delta and not Niger Benue
Re: What Is South South? by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2014
kettykin:

you are supposed to be Benue Delta and not Niger Benue
thank-you Team BENUE DELTA
Re: What Is South South? by egift(m): 8:15am On Nov 16, 2014
Here is the Niger Delta

Note Niger Delta is not exactly the same as South-South Geo-Political Region
Re: What Is South South? by jmoore(m): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2014
Many Nigerians don't know the meaning of Niger delta. Some see Niger delta as oil producing states only while others see it as south-south.

What is delta? A delta is an area of low, flat land shaped like a triangle, where a river splits and spreads out into several branches before entering the sea.

From the above definition, Niger delta can be said to be the delta of River Niger in Nigeria. It is located in the Atlantic Coast of southern Nigeria where River Niger divides into numerous tributaries

It is the second largest delta in the world with a coastline spanning about 450 kilometres terminating at the Imo River entrance.

Politically, the Niger Delta area cuts across nine states in southern Nigeria which include Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and River States.
Re: What Is South South? by oluwalfa: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2014
egift:
Here is the Niger Delta

Note Niger Delta is not exactly the same as South-South Geo-Political Region

Thanks. So what is this South South? From your map if we remove Abia, Imo and Ondo, it becomes South South. Isn't it? Why?
Re: What Is South South? by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 16, 2014
oluwalfa:
Please what the hell is Niger Delta? What makes one a Niger Deltan?

I am trying to get my head around this because someone from Edo state and another from Ogoja all claim Niger Deltans while someone from Abia is not.

Is Niger Delta a U-Shape geographical location? Why?

Definitely not oduan arewastani owned slave nor ab0ki or people that carry last

Warri is a good example of a non carry last city and people

Now run back to your osogbo enclave and remember that a confirmed son of the creeks is your boss

Useless janjawiid OPC version

1 Like

Re: What Is South South? by egift(m): 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2014

Map of the Niger Delta Region

oluwalfa:
Thanks. So what is this South South? From your map if we remove Abia, Imo and Ondo, it becomes South South. Isn't it? Why?

For the Geopolitical Zones, they were trying to make sure that an entire State should be completely in one without spiting it. The Niger Delta Region is determined by Geographical Factors, while Nigeria's Geopolitical Zones are grouped for Administrative Reasons.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/204578_regional_map_state_jpg37505cc91bd93ea6ebb26638ef2136af
Nigeria's Geo-Political Zones - NW, NE, NC, SW, SE and SS.
Re: What Is South South? by oluwalfa: 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
When I look at this map,^^^ the SS/SE geopolitical zone makes no sense. Then I think of the hatred and fear of the Igboman, and it makes sense.
Re: What Is South South? by oluwalfa: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
The U-shaped nonsense called South South is the reason why Igbos must form a country of their own.
Re: What Is South South? by stebell(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
abdulwastecx:

The reasons why Niger delta is keeping the government is because of
their lack of initiative to develop more competitive product from
agriculture, mining, servicing, manufacturing etc.

oil and gas only contributes 15% Nigeria gdp, so to somebody like me in
construction industry paying top naira for oil, providing my own
domestic water ( through bored hole), prividing my own sewage etc.

oil revenue of $25 billions dollars iw not enough to even sustained
Lagos state not to talk of Nigeria

Guy I hear yu.
But remove oil money and see if the in de construction industry. like yu dont kno that most of the construction derives funds frm oil proceeds.
Re: What Is South South? by abdulwastecx(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
stebell:

Guy I hear yu.
But remove oil money and see if the in de construction industry. like yu dont kno that most of the construction derives funds frm oil proceeds.

what nonsense are you talking about?
how can oil proceed of 25 billions financed a construction sector of over 200 billions dollars or agricultural sector worth over 500billions dollars etc. oil is a major source of foreign exchange becuase our government are clueless and lacks initiative

south Korea with only 55 million poeple, no oil but has a GDP of about 1.5 trillion dollars and with government earning of over 300billions us dollars. They succeeded by developing technical and good labour force that utilized all the materials available to build a solid and dynamic economy. ... keep winning about oil in backward Niger deltas
Re: What Is South South? by stebell(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2014
abdulwastecx:

what nonsense are you talking about?
how can oil proceed of 25 billions financed a construction sector of
over 200 billions dollars or agricultural sector worth over 500billions
dollars etc. oil is a major source of foreign exchange becuase our
government are clueless and lacks initiative

south Korea with only 55 million poeple, no oil but has a GDP of about
1.5 trillion dollars and with government earning of over 300billions us
dollars. They succeeded by developing technical and good labour force
that utilized all the materials available to build a solid and dynamic
economy. ... keep winning about oil in backward Niger deltas

too much gramma
oil is the main stay of Naija
we dont hav any technology to develop any thing

(1) (Reply)

How Did 400 Billion Come Out Of An Empty Treasury? / WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR WIFE TO DRESS LIKE THIS ON YOUR WEDDING DAY (PHOTO) / INEC Server: The Easiest Way Atiku Can Make His Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.