Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Evolution Vs Id, Or Perhaps Mistaken Antagonism? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution Vs Id, Or Perhaps Mistaken Antagonism? (694 Views)

Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / s / Evolution Vs God (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evolution Vs Id, Or Perhaps Mistaken Antagonism? by samio4luv: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2008
When I assemble a clock, the clock could be said to be produced through intelligent design, but at the same time also through cause and effect. The explanation that I did it does seem compatible with an explanation based on the forces and acceleration of bodies. The latter is just more shortsighted, as it does only look at the movement of my extremities that caused the clock to be assembled, and not what caused them to move in such ways in the first place. It is thus a faulty claim that they are mutually exclusive. The former just picks up where the latter left something unexplained. The same could be said about evolution; it does not for instance explain why mutations happen, and it does not make an explanation to say they happen accidentally. Aristoteles explained it, that there are different types of causes e.g. efficient causes and teleological causes that interplay in the creation of e.g. a bronze statue, each explaining partially what is happening. Someone not familiar with the art of creating bronze statues may stare in awe at such a phenomenon and take it for a miracle, but it was still done deliberately and according to a plan, while someone else may look at the details of the creation and note that there is nothing strange and unlawful happening, but still missing the greater picture. Aristoteles argued that not just artifacts but organism and nature itself was created ultimately by a primordial cause that is teleological, and is not at all inconsistent with parts of the causal chain being able to explain what follows. I do however note that ID is not scientific, as it does exceed the limits of the scientific method, but the same can be said about all teleological explanations, yet we are unable to live without them. i will like to hear your contribution in this.
please you can visit my forum to check out some other question or you can mail me

email address: samio4luv01@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Philippians 4:6 3d Animated Bible Scripture, Check It Out And Be Blessed. / Assisted Suicide / Have A Magical Christmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.