Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,892 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant (768 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant by whiteroses(f): 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2008
as from 27th of november forget everything you know about work permit and settlement because new law is coming through.
The current scheme for employees from abroad will be changed to tier 2 of the PBS, this means that no employer will seek to employ and give work contract to anyone abroad as from 27th november, e.g if they have to employ a nurse from nigeria the UK based employer must show that they have searched the whole of UK and no one is interested in the job before they go abroad and employ nurses or workers. also any company wishing to employ from abroad will have to obtain licence to bring workers from overseas, and I heared they will charge company a very costly licence fee to discourage them from trying to employ someone from abroad. The new tier also states that if a skilled worker doesn't earn up to 7.20 and hour will not be granted an indefinite leave to remain or work permit extensions.  Employers are fund of employing nurses and chattered accountants especially from south africa, nigeria and pakistan and they are filling all the vacancy and they feel that if they are restricted, rate of unemployment in UK will decresae greatly. so ladies and gentle negros make sure to apply fro settlement (indefinite leave to remain) and work permit extension before 27th on november and tell your family and friends in nigeria to go easy of trying to migrate to save themselves money and stress on trying to come.
http://ukinindonesia.fco.gov.uk/en/newsroom/?view=News&id=9257878
http://www.rcn.org.uk/nursing/comingtouk/about-immigration-service/transitional_arrangements_tier_2_-_faqs
Re: Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant by hansumng: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2008
Let the truth be told, UK has reached its ecocnomic limit, and its already wallowing in huge debts.

Pounds is falling, unemployment is increasing, immigration laws are being tightened. It marks the end. I don't advise anybody to come to UK at this period, unless you want to come and visit and go back (or explore the opportunity of the weak pounds to buy goods). For our people still in UK, try and think of what you can do in Naija, and start implementing them. Allistair Darling has even said UK economic will shrink next year.

My brothers and sisters, UK is no more bed of roses ! embarassed
Re: Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant by Thadude(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2008
and?
Re: Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2008
i agree with you UK is not as people in Nija thinks, The gobal economy is crumbling, Is better to focus and travelling overseas is not everything, you can be a whale in a small body of water,
Re: Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant by damiso(f): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2008
Nobody wants to come to their country again sef undecided and they will be shouting immigration as if it is immigrants that caused credit crunch.i get so pissed when they keep on shouting immigration.
Re: Uk Is Fastening Their Seat Belt - Closing To Immigrant by lucabrasi(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2008
for people who are happy over this,my answer is that continue deluding yourselves,even the opposition parties acknowledge that britain s having an increasing population of older people and a declining number of young working class, so by the time the immigrants leave,lets see who will do all these jobs,

moreover,highly skilled jobs the europeans are bringing to uk are being snatched from under their noses by germany,and other european unions, they dont need to pay to train engineers who are in short supply,they just employ them straight, go to german,austrian e.t.c hospitals and see how clean and better it is compared to british ones yet they spend less overall, that is partly a result of taking on less immigrants i.e south africans who have always been on top of things, if you have lived in the uk ,you will know how lazy the average white person is
when the immigrants leave,who will do the jobs the british dont want to do e.g strawberry picking,cockle picking on the coasts,factory job,butchers e.t.c

(1) (Reply)

Any Ideas About Universities In Poland / On A First Time Visit To Nigeria / Garantor Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.