Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business (17541 Views)

Setting Up Mini Poultry Feed Mill / How To Produce Standard And Quality Poultry Feed Without Owning A Factory / How To Start Poultry Farming In Nigeria Small And Grow Very Lucrative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by farellstone: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
Please I need anyone who can enlighten me on poultry feed business,I mean type of feeds what it will cost me to start,the gain nd the risk etc.
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Etfash(m): 1:29am On Nov 16, 2014
farellstone:
Please I need anyone who can enlighten me on poultry feed business,I mean type of feeds what it will cost me to start,the gain nd the risk etc.

Great one, starting any business at all requires a great deal of research-if you don't want to be a mediocre or be frustrated few days into the business.

In my opinion, businesses are the same. Know your target customers; your location should also be adequately considered; reduce your overhead cost as much as you can, be as innovative as possible; Understand the business well, start with Google and pay regular visit to similar businesses that are already operational and ask helpful questions wisely (you could hire a technical person if you have the wherewithal to do so) and last of all be committed, patient and prayerful.

Wish you success!

4 Likes

Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by farellstone: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
Etfash:

Great one, starting any business at all requires a great deal of research-if you don't want to be a mediocre or be frustrated few days into the business.

In my opinion, businesses are the same. Know your target customers; your location should also be adequately considered; reduce your overhead cost as much as you can, be as innovative as possible; Understand the business well, start with Google and pay regular visit to similar businesses that are already operational and ask helpful questions wisely (you could hire a technical person if you have the wherewithal to do so) and last of all be committed, patient and prayerful.

Wish you success!
I really appreciate ur advice,thank you very much
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by godoluwa(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2014
farellstone:
i dnt wanna sound as if i was an agent of any company. u nid gud market survey of d environment u wish to site ur store, u nid to network urself. above all, u nid to source for good feed. d one dat av been using in my mini farm was wonderful. d name of the feed is `top fe;eds'. others r gud too but just share my experience
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by farellstone: 10:11am On Nov 16, 2014
godoluwa:
i dnt wanna sound as if i was an agent of any company. u nid gud market survey of d environment u wish to site ur store, u nid to network urself. above all, u nid to source for good feed. d one dat av been using in my mini farm was wonderful. d name of the feed is `top fe;eds'. others r gud too but just share my experience
thank you very much.plz what are the types of feeds u know?
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by tolexy05(m): 1:36am On Nov 17, 2014
I own a feedmil in akure ondo state. Optimum mix feed you can give me a call I wil tel you what I can buh firstly if they re deceivn u that it requires little fund brs dnt deceiv ursef oo. 07030105957 fanx
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Eggcelent(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2014
Are you planning to go into milling of a new brand of feeds or distribution of an existing feeds. Clarify, please.
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 17, 2014
Eggcelent:
Are you planning to go into milling of a new brand of feeds or distribution of an existing feeds. Clarify, please.

Please what can you say about the viability of milling a new brand of feeds?
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Eggcelent(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

Please what can you say about the viability of milling a new brand of feeds?
. Not much as I've never been directly involved in that aspect of poultry production. However, I do know - at least according to what I heard from a vet doctor friend, whose father was once into it - that you may not break even unless you are able to sell up to 40 tons/daily i.e about 1600 bags. I also know - from observations - that there are many feed-millers around whose feeds are as rich as those of the known names. They are, however, not being patronised much because they lack the needed marketing machinery. I also know that you can get the formulae for feeds formulation online and/or buy concentrates from the major millers and mix with the appropriate quantities of maize and wheat offal.
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by farellstone: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2014
tolexy05:
I own a feedmil in akure ondo state. Optimum mix feed you can give me a call I wil tel you what I can buh firstly if they re deceivn u that it requires little fund brs dnt deceiv ursef oo. 07030105957 fanx
I want to go into sales of feeds hw much do you think it can cost me to start.nd are u on whatsapp?
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Eggcelent(m): 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
To start with a full truck of 600 bags, you will need 1.5m minimum. Approximately, a bag from the miller costs 2100 (that gives 1.26m), depending on your location, 50naira/bag transportation cost (that gives 30k). Other expenses include; store rentage, carpentry work, marketing/publicity, especially if you are opting for the less popular brands. However, you may opt to start with half a truck (300 bags) or liaise with a major distributor near you who will sell you the feeds at reasonable discount. Success

1 Like

Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Chinks(m): 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
tolexy05:
. Good day boss. Please I'll like to visit your feedmill since it's located in akure. I just graduated from FUTA. I'll be glad If you would grant my request.
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by farellstone: 12:30am On Nov 18, 2014
Eggcelent:
To start with a full truck of 600 bags, you will need 1.5m minimum. Approximately, a bag from the miller costs 2100 (that gives 1.26m), depending on your location, 50naira/bag transportation cost (that gives 30k). Other expenses include; store rentage, carpentry work, marketing/publicity, especially if you are opting for the less popular brands. However, you may opt to start with half a truck (300 bags) or liaise with a major distributor near you who will sell you the feeds at reasonable discount. Success
bro plz are you on whatsapp or bbm cuz I really need u 2 put me through all the types of chicken feeds starter etc and the best manufacturer.
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Goldman360: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bacterial Contaminants Associated with Commercial Poultry Feed from three Different Companies

Among raw food items of animal origin, poultry meat and poultry meat products are considered to be some of the most contaminated products offered to the consumer (Klinger, 1993). This is due to the relatively high contamination with various food-borne infection agents present on and in the product....

http://www.scharticles.com/bacterial-contaminants-associated-with-commercial-poultry-feed-from-three-different-companies/
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by sehisagro: 11:12pm On Jan 23, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225.
Contact us for more information on poultry/ livestock feeds.
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Etilastborn: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2020
I am new here
I greet Everyone in this forum and I pray that something tangible be added to my life from this platform.

2 Likes

Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by Etilastborn: 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Pls someone should help me out. How much can I use to start poultry & fish Feed Retail/distribution business
Re: I Like To Start Poultry Feed Business by thebizguide: 10:19pm On Feb 04
visit www.businessguide.com.ng to view the list of poultries in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Obiano Flags Off 2017 Farming Season As Farmers Display Produce (photos) / Optimum Quality Crayfish, Best Prices / Fresh Vegetable : One Stop Guarante Open Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.