Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (17718 Views)

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 / Nairaland Writers Collaboration / Nairaland Detection Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Dyoungstar: 1:38am On Nov 17, 2014
What is a Detection Club?

It is a private association of writers of detective fiction in Great Britain, existing chiefly for the purpose of eating dinners together at suitable intervals and of talking inimitable plots. Its membership is confined to those who have written genuine stories (published or otherwise). Hence my zeal to create one in Nairaland.

This Club amounts that the interested writers pledge themselves to play the game with the public and with their fellow writers.

A member writer must write as good English as he can.

Now, a word about the conditions under which NDC is created.

Each contributor to the story tackles the mystery or clues presented in the preceding chapters without having the slightest idea of what the previous authors have in mind about how the story will end.

Each contributor will post a chapter in the space of 3 days for the pleasure of the readers.

Each writer is bound to deal faithfully with all the difficulties left for him by his predecessors. He must not dismiss them as caprice or accident, or present an explanation inconsistent with them...he must give a coherent and plausible-enough explanation.

Each writer may introduce a possible clue either for the mystery to be easily solved or to make it more complicated for the subsequent contributors. Naturally, as the clues become in process of time more numerous, the solutions grow more complicated and precise, while the general outlines of the plot gradually harden and fix themselves. Where one writer may have laid down a clue, thinking that it could point only in one obvious direction, the succeeding writers may manage to make it point in a direction exactly opposite. And it is here, perhaps, that the game gets more interesting and quite hard to crack.

Whether the game will succeed in amusing the innocent readers is mainly for the readers to judge.

Each contributor may create any new character but the character must be unique and have a definite bearing in the plot. If one character creates a stammerer, no subsequent writer must make the stammerer speak coherently without a convincing reason behind the sudden miracle.

The creator of the thread (Larry Sun) shall write the first chapter, from which other writers will create their own subsequent chapters.

Every 3 days, a chapter would be posted and this would give the next writer a full 3 days to prepare the next chapter. A writer, after having contributed a chapter, may not have to contribute any other until after about a month or thereabout, depending on the number of participants in the game.

We already have enough able bodied writers but if you wish to join kindly contact us on our whatsapp group @ 07066611666.

Each chapter must be critically checked and made sure it is error-free before getting posted. There, however, shouldn't be any juvenile plotting, jejune dialogue, banal characterization, puerile description, illogical exposition or erratic transition.

A minimum of 20 writers is required or as much as 25 or 30. This would give a writer enough respite after posting his own chapter. So, after the writers are assembled through whatapp network (that is, every participant would be linked through whatsapp/mobile number so as for the members to know who would be posting for the week, we interact and share ideas via whatsapp before the chapters are posted).

My job, however, would be to post the first chapter for the others to create their plots from. After all the members have posted their chapters, possibly the next chapter shall be posted by me and it continues from there. We may have as much as thirty or fifty chapters, depending on the number of participants.

A new thread would be created for the story itself, which would be titled Nairaland Writers' Collaboration 2014. Moreso, a stipulated number of words for each chapter (1500words or more) should be strictly acknowledged, and two writers may collaborate to write a single chapter, provided other participants are aware of that and an agreement is made.

The following are the current members:

Chapter One: Larry Sun (Monday 17, November, 2014)

Chapter Two: Frank317 (Wednesday 19, November, 2014)

Chapter Three: Repogirl (Friday 21, November, 2014)

Chapter Four: Kayemjay (Sunday 23, November, 2014)

Chapter Five: Therock555 (Tuesday 25, November, 2014)

Chapter Six: PrettySpicey (Thursday 27, November, 2014)

Chapter Seven: TemitopeDaniel (Saturday 29, November, 2014)

Chapter Eight: MaziOmenuko (Monday 1, December, 2014)

Chapter Nine: AudreyTimms (Wednesday 3, December, 2014)

Chapter Ten: OMA4U (Friday 5, December, 2014)

Chapter Eleven: Divepen (Sunday 7, December, 2014)

Chapter Twelve: Danwrites (Tuesday 9, December, 2014)

Chapter Thirteen: HumbledbYGrace (Thursday 11, December, 2014)

Chapter Fourteen: Princesa (Saturday 13, December, 2014)

Chapter Fifteen: Royver (Monday 15, December, 2014)

More writers are still needed to join. So, if you're worthy. Please drop your e-mail address and I shall contact you.

I know we've got an abundance of great writers in Nairaland.

Thank you,

God bless you

https://www.nairaland.com/2000557/nairaland-writers-collaboration-2014

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Dyoungstar: 1:48am On Nov 17, 2014
All comments are to be posted here.

Please don't derail by posting comments on the main story thread, Thanks for your cooperation.

Signed:

Dyoungstar

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by vonn(f): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2014
My bad......
Hope I've not done much damage.... undecided
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Dyoungstar: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2014
vonn:
My bad......
Hope I've not done much damage.... undecided

Vonn! Vonn!! Vonn!!!

How many times did I call you?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nimen(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2014
How do i join? By sending u ma e-mail or adding the whatsapp number?
Another thing, why not space the time the popular authors write?
Fix the not so popular authors between.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by D9ty7(m): 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
I think the main story thread should be locked. We are on Nairaland, not everyone will heed instructions. They'll one way or the other squeeze their comments in.
Contact a mod and get the thread locked. It will be opened once the next writer is ready to post and once he finishes, the thread locked.
Just my two cents.
Btw LarrySun, that was a nice and well detailed chapter there. A good way to start a blockburster such as this.
Cc: Dyoungstar
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
D9ty7:
I think the main story thread should be locked. We are on Nairaland, not everyone will heed instructions. They'll one way or the other squeeze their comments in.
Contact a mod and get the thread locked. It will be opened once the next writer is ready to post and once he finishes, the thread locked.
Just my two cents.
Btw LarrySun, that was a nice and well detailed chapter there. A good way to start a blockburster such as this.

Exactly grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
D9ty7:
Just my two cents.
I think I like this suggestion. I also made the mistake. Op,you can post up the link to this thread there stating that comments should be done in it. Most readers may see that thread before this one and go ahead airing their views there. #justsaying
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by LarrySun(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Nimen:
How do i join? By sending u ma e-mail or adding the whatsapp number?
Another thing, why not space the time the popular authors write?
Fix the not so popular authors between.
I consider all writers equal.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by LarrySun(m): 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
D9ty7:
Just my two cents.
My fear is that if the mods lock the thread, it may not be unlocked when the writer is ready to post. But I like your suggestion. Obinnau, kindly lock the thread below:

Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by D9ty7(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
All you need to do is let the mod know the time-table. So once the writer is ready to post, he'll contact the mods, mention them here. The thread will be unlocked.
LarrySun:
My fear is that if the mods lock the thread, it may not be unlocked when the writer is ready to post. But I like your suggestion. Obinnau, kindly lock the thread below:

Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 18, 2014
LarrySun:
I consider all writers equal.
yea baba
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by dhamstar(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
I pretty sure this is goona be fun.
Can't wait to join the rest of the crew!!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by dhamstar(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
I''m pretty sure this is goona be fun.
Can't wait to join the rest of the crew!!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by stuff46(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
D9ty7:
Just my two cents.
seconded
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by MumZ(f): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
just finished reading last year's collaboration but noticed it was not concluded even though u all had a great story going. whats d assurance dat dis 1 ll b completed, cos I was so disappointed by d abandoned story. well I guess time ll tell.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by frank317: 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
I am almost through with my update for the collaboration story(that's chapter 2) Hope its not locked. I will be updating on or before 9pm tomorrow when I come back from work. Cheers guys
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by LarrySun(m): 12:49am On Nov 19, 2014
MumZ:
just finished reading last year's collaboration but noticed it was not concluded even though u all had a great story going. whats d assurance dat dis 1 ll b completed, cos I was so disappointed by d abandoned story. well I guess time ll tell.
I'll write the concluding chapter of that first collaboration.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by MumZ(f): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2014
LarrySun:
I'll write the concluding chapter of that first collaboration.

OK o, dat ll b really great. still following.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by frank317: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
how do i contact Obiannu so that i can update now?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
click on the report link, preferably the link of the collaboration, and state what you want...
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Divepen:
click on the report link, preferably the link of the collaboration, and state what you want...
You got mail sir.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
...weldone frank317. Your chapter left me speechless.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by vonn(f): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2014
I love lengthy works like urs Frank....... Well mapped out..........

Good job!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by repogirl(f): 8:21am On Nov 20, 2014
Great job, ogas Frank and Larry, I'll try not to mess up too much grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Skimpledawg(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2014
Ahh! Senior Bros n aunties in d houz, Plz hw do I get to read d Part of Oga Frank3:16? Read dat of Chief Larrysun(my dictionary wz wit me via out).......just d link is all I ask 4 Oga Dygeasy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by zyzxx(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2014
Welldone, larry and frank.
U guys are Alwys great
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Dygeasy(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2014
Skimpledawg:
Ahh! Senior Bros n aunties in d houz, Plz hw do I get to read d Part of Oga Frank3:16? Read dat of Chief Larrysun(my dictionary wz wit me via out).......just d link is all I ask 4 Oga Dygeasy
https://www.nairaland.com/2000557/nairaland-writers-collaboration-2014#28162316
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
wow!!!.....im so following this to the end.....i wanna see how our romance writers will fare especially my big sis Prettyspicey grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by Nimen(m): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Seriously Frank nailed it. He just created the plot
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by PrettySpicey(f): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
wow!!!.....im so following this to the end.....i wanna see how our romance writers will fare especially my big sis Prettyspicey grin grin

I knew you'll be trouble angry I'm gonna take a flight out of the Planet on the 26th tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. by kingphilip(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
PrettySpicey:

I knew you'll be trouble angry I'm gonna take a flight out of the Planet on the 26th tongue
after dropping ur chapter I guess

Gudpm ma'am longest tym

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka / Wounded / Chimamanda Adichie Clarifies Her Statement About Trans Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.