Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? (49231 Views)

Breaking News*** MEND Claims Responsibility For The Scoan Disaster??? / Where Are Those WHEELCHAIRS Used For Healing In The SCOAN Now? They Are Needed / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
According to the South African SCOAN Lawyer/Representative on 13h00 News today, a Nigeria group called MEND CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR BOMBING THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS GUEST HOUSE ON THE 2 SEPT. 2014.

According the lawyer the group has written to the church overseer T.B.Joshua, Lagos State and the Justice Department in the state.

Culled from E-tv (ENCA) 13H00 News today.

Trent:
SHOCKER: MEND Claims Responsibility For TB Joshua Church Building Collapse In New Email

November 2, 2014

The controversies surrounding the inquest into the collapse of a building at The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) continue to thicken with an email purportedly sent from the Niger Delta militant group MEND threatening an imminent attack at Ikeja High Court.
The email, seen by this reporter, was written by one ‘Commander Wilberforce’ who claims to be the ‘Chief of General Combined Operations’ for the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), South West Groups.

The message, which was emailed to the Lagos State Ministry of Justice and addressed to Lagos State Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, states an attack on members of the Lagos State judiciary is imminent.

“It’s with the greatest regrets that we write through this medium to inform you of the imminent dangers and calamities that will befall Lagos State very soon,” the sour message begins.

It proceeds by revealing plans on 5th November 2014 to “blow up homes, offices and vehicles” of judiciary across Lagos State who have “mishandled matters affecting our members”, specifying Justice Ayotunde Phillips, the Chief Judge of Lagos State, as one of the key targets.
The email then sensationally alleges the militant’s predominant focus is the Coroner’s Inquest into the collapse of The SCOAN building on September 12th 2014 which left over 100 dead.

“This is so because there is no way these inquiries can continue without exposing the involvement of our associates and members in the controlled demolition of The SCOAN Guest House using the latest weapons of mass destruction,” Commander Wilberforce claims.

He further adds, “We’ve been directed from above by ‘those that must be obeyed’ never to allow any leakage or disclosures of the secrets connected therewith.”
The message ends with a warning to suspend activities at the inquest until 15th November 2014 or risk an “occurrence of grievous calamities of unimaginable dimensions”.

Interestingly, several media reports on September 11th 2014, a day before the tragic collapse at SCOAN, quoted the same Commander Wilberforce as warning of imminent attacks from MEND in Lagos State.

The article was titled, ‘MEND Threatens Terror Attacks In Lagos State’ and contained morbid threats including that of bombing.

The next date for the ongoing inquest is set for Wednesday 5th November 2014 where the court has summoned Prophet T.B. Joshua to appear.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/shocker-mend-claims-responsibility-tb-joshua-church-collapse-new-email-look/

My take all fabrications, my reasons below:
1. Why would a liberation movement take 2 months to claim responsibility

2. When did liberation movements start writing letters to certain people but leave journalists?

3. Why attack SCOAN?

Not clear?
1. Where South Africans the targets?
2. Henry Okah?
3. Again why attack SCOAN and not Shoprite, MTN, MR Price etc?
4.And why communicate to questionable recipients not journalist?
4. Why after 2 months?

In SA on THE ground:
1.Some victims families gathering support to pressurize the government to push Nigeria government to find justice for THE dead.

What is worrying is:
1. If the South Africans where targets what about Bafana Bafana who are going to the South where MEND is based?
2. Why Barney only divulge the news just after the South African football team has left for Nigeria?

I smell a big fat dead rat! angry

27 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by CORELDRAW(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
Like seriously, so they expect us to believe this?

FTC on the Fp... By the way, I dnt c anytin special in it. Abi Seun dey pay for FTC ni?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by lomprico(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
Shame no dey catch scoan at all (that is if this story is true)

24 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by PhockPhockMan: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Op, please are you joking?
If yes, Why not joke section?
If no, where is the source?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Mamaflex(f): 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
Its becoming interesting.

Watching

1 Like

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Ttalk: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Let Jomo-Gbomo confirm first

3 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Op, please are you joking?
If yes, Why not joke section?
If no, where is the source?

No dear I am not joking, it was on the 13h00 news today on South African E-tv or ENCA NEWS the lawyer was interviewed live.

The lawyer also said he is in possession of one of the said letters as he was speaking.

I know this is unbelievable, anyway one looks at it. To me it looks like a way to absolve SCOAN of responsibility. But what does the forensic results of the site say? If it was a bomb I am sure there should be some remnants of the bomb or tell tale signs.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by bigass(f): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jonathan.... Dirty air till 2015

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
I am hopping the Nigerian News Community would pick up on this and follow up with SCOAN and all the recipients of this mysterious letter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by DEBUCHMANNY: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
if U are a man of God behave as one. human lives are not worth playing with

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by iconize(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
BluIvy:
[s]According to the South African SCOAN Lawyer/Representative on 13h00 News today, a Nigeria group called MEND CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR BOMBING THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS GUEST HOUSE ON THE 2 SEPT. 2014.

According the lawyer the group has written to the church overseer T.B.Joshua, Lagos State and the Justice Department in the state.

Curled from E-tv (ENCA) 13H00 News today.

1. why would a liberation movement take 2 months to claim responsibility

2.When did liberation movements start writting letters to certain people but leave journalists?

3. Why attack SCOAN?

Not clear?
2. Henry Okah?
4. Why after 2 months?

In SA on THE ground:
1.Some victims families gathering support to pressurize the government to push Nigeria government to find justice for THE dead.

What is worrying is:
1. If the South Africans where targets what about Bafana Bafana who are going to the South where MEND is based?
2. Why Barney only divulge the news just after the South African football team has left for Nigeria?

I smell a big fat dead rat! angry[/s]

When last did you test your reasoning and what did you score?

For creating such moronic thread, you should be taken to Sahara desert and shot in the eyes.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by PhockPhockMan: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
BluIvy:

No dear I am not joking, it was on the 13h00 news today on South African E-tv or ENCA NEWS the lawyer was interviewed live.

The lawyer also said he is in possession of one of the said letters as he was speaking. I know this is unbelievable, anyway one looks at it. To me it looks like a way to absolve SCOAN of responsibility. But what does the forensic results of the site? If it was a bomb I am sure there should be some remnants of the bomb or tell tale signs.
Na wa o, the prophet kept insisting that it was a "CONTROLED DEMOLITION"
let's watch and see.

1 Like

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by ruffhandu: 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
A fake letter can as well be faked. MEND leadership (if in existence) will have to corroborate or refute this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Na wa o, the prophet kept insisting that it was a "CONTROLED DEMOLITION"
let's watch and see.

I guess, that's all is left to be done.

I just hope if its MEND because of Henry Okah's imprisonment in South Africa, the SOUTH AFRICAN FOOTBALL TEAM IS SAFE. undecided That would be a disaster of unimaginable proportions if anything would happen to them. Especially because South Africa is still in mourning for the lives of 81 people lost.

1 Like

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by donphiIopus(m): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
bigass:
Jonathan.... Dirty air till 2015

Sharap

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
ruffhandu:
A fake letter can as well be faked. MEND leadership (if in existence) will have to corroborate or refute this.

Exactly my point why write a letter to T.B. Joshua, minister of justice et al and not to journalist as usual. And why after 2 months?

4 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by 1mindchrisr(f): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
i dont think it was an attack for SAfrican Citizens nor anyone for dt matter

d building was still under construction while people. were being lodged there
dt a huge risk alone
lastly d building itself had added floors
can u tell me if. adding floors n accomodating people with construction undergoin at d same time wont b disastrous.

you right abt d negetivity status dt Nigeria hv
yet dwelling on dt isnt a way forwad
youv got to see beyond all dt n realise dt ones mistakes made by one indivisual doesnt label d rest as same i mean b honest iv only seen his followers suporting him not d entire nation
n if your opinion were to b reverse wud you say d same abt his followers in SA are they culprits too

why travel all d way to Nigeria isnt God omnipresent?how long has ds man feasting in desguised of christianity doesnt it tell you that some people read d bible like a news paper ? if d scripture talking abt being blind n dull ears to
i wud not view ds as a Nigerias attack towards SAfricans
dt very inhuman an a dangerous mindset
we all need to learn in handling problems like human being

10 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by lomprico(m): 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
1mindchrisr:

dt a huge risk alone
can u tell me if. adding floors n accomodating people with construction undergoin at d same time wont b disastrous.

youv got to see beyond all dt n realise dt ones mistakes made by one indivisual doesnt label d rest as same i mean b honest iv only seen his followers suporting him not d entire nation
n if your opinion were to b reverse wud you say d same abt his followers in SA are they culprits too

why travel all d way to Nigeria isnt God omnipresent?how long has ds man feasting in desguised of christianity doesnt it tell you that some people read d bible like a news paper ? if d scripture talking abt being blind n dull ears to
we all need to learn in handling problems like human being
GBAM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
BluIvy:
According to the South African SCOAN Lawyer/Representative on 13h00 News today, a Nigeria group called MEND CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR BOMBING THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS GUEST HOUSE ON THE 2 SEPT. 2014.

Curled from E-tv (ENCA) 13H00 News today.

1. why would a liberation movement take 2 months to claim responsibility

2.When did liberation movements start writting letters to certain people but leave journalists?

3. Why attack SCOAN?

Not clear?
2. Henry Okah?
4. Why after 2 months?

In SA on THE ground:

What is worrying is:

I smell a big fat dead rat! angry

who are this people trying to deceive A building collapsed due to additional structures added to it without due approval. Why are they making very senseless claims that even a brainless kid won't believe. angry

15 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
1mindchrisr:

dt a huge risk alone

we all need to learn in handling problems like human
being

I wish I knew what you were saying or whom you are responding to, because I am the one who said i do not believe this to be true but i believe they are trying to absolve SCOAN of responsibility for the disaster.

I just created scenarios of it what the claim could be true and tried to work out why?

Please do not irritate me, read to understand not to react.

8 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by donmalcolm21(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
H
Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
TheIROKO:
who are this people trying to deceive A building collapsed due to additional structures added to it without due approval. Why are they making very senseless claims that even a brainless kid won't believe. angry

dpi
Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
TheIROKO:

Exactly my point! From Boko Haram, the US, the plane now they've landed on MEND. i do not see where godliness is in all of this. Even if any other group was involved T.B. Joshua needs to answer only one thing. Did his organization illegally add extra floors from what his building permit allowed? Full stop.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
BluIvy:

Do you people read or just scan the heading and get emotional? Please read first and get angry later. Or ask T.B.Joshua for the letter from MEND. NL and the nicompoops!!
Sweet heart I wouldn't want to efight with a woman but trying to twist scientific facts in taking advantage of the security situation in the country to cover up for SCOAN carelessness is not only insensitive but also a slap on the intelligence of an average Nigerian.

7 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by ifaoni(m): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
war is brewing...

1 Like

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
TheIROKO:
Sweet heart I wouldn't want to efight with a woman but trying to twist scientific facts in taking advantage of the security situation in the country to cover up for SCOAN carelessness is not only insensitive but also a slap on the intelligence of an average Nigerian.

Sorry that was not meant for you. Apologies!

2 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
BluIvy:

Sorry that was not meant for you. Apologies!
OK no offence

1 Like

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by venivedivici(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
It was aliens from the planet Mortiodo that destroyed that building. The building was demolished because they found a cache of symponium, a antimatter substance said to radiate harmful dustrays to the planet, an invisible one in the lithosphere.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
iconize:

For creating such moronic thread, you should be taken to Sahara desert and shot in the eyes.

Here you go, azzhole. The next time you try and quote me you bloody bandit make sure you have bloody good reasons to.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/shocker-mend-claims-responsibility-tb-joshua-church-collapse-new-email-look/

9 Likes

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by Texykool: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
Lie-Nus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
iconize:

What reasonable reason do you have for crossing those lines?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota / You Can’t Make Heaven If You Take Vitamin C And Eat Titus Fish – Preacher ) / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.