Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? (3155 Views)

How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by Naijamentality: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
If so, how to you go about this? I found this information on GTB's website, but the sending bank in North America doesn't seem to know where to put the Corresponding/Intermediary bank information:

CITIBANK NEWYORK:

SWIFT CODE: CITIUS33
ABA NUMBER: 021000089
FOR CREDIT OF: GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC, LAGOS NIGERIA
SWIFT CODE: GTBINGLA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 36129295
FOR FINAL CREDIT OF: ................................ (Beneficiary’s Name)
BENEFICIARY’S A/C NO: ................................ (With GTBank)
ANY OTHER DETAIL: ..........................................................
(E.g. Sender’s Name, Reference e.t.c)

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by puskin: 12:39am On Nov 18, 2014
You don't seem to know where to put the corresponding bank details OR the North American bank doesn't know where to put it?

Which is it?

2 Likes

Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by mayorteeny: 1:30am On Nov 18, 2014
There is no need to put the corresponding bank address. Just give them the final account no to be credited and GTB's swift code. This also happened to a friend.

2 Likes

Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by Naijamentality: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
puskin:
You don't seem to know where to put the corresponding bank details OR the North American bank doesn't know where to put it?

Which is it?
The North American bank.
Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by Naijamentality: 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
mayorteeny:
There is no need to put the corresponding bank address. Just give them the final account no to be credited and GTB's swift code. This also happened to a friend.

Really? That didn't cause any hitches or delays? How long did it take for your friend to receive the money?
Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by arbitrage: 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
What mayorteeny told you is all you need. I observed that most of bank staff do not know their codes as they mislead with correspondent bank as it used to be long time when they were not receiving directly.

3 Likes

Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by puskin: 1:05am On Nov 21, 2014
arbitrage:
What mayorteeny told you is all you need. I observed that most of bank staff do not know their codes as they mislead with correspondent bank as it used to be long time when they were not receiving directly.

Exactly.

All you need for your transfer to hit your DOM account is
- Name of your bank.
- account number
- swift code
- branch sort code........may or may not be necessary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by puskin: 1:09am On Nov 21, 2014
arbitrage:

It's all these archaic training manuals that banks use in training their staff that is the cause

3 Likes

Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by Naijamentality: 1:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Alright, thanks for the info, it's been much appreciated.
Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by Lovelywings: 11:05pm On May 08, 2018
Thank God for Nairaland. Just found this thread after WEEKS of trying to get information from GTB on how to wire funds. My foreign bank has no place for correspondent bank. I kept asking the GTB staff if I needed to use the intermediary in NY and they literally refused to answer my question. I'm convinced those people are idiots.
Re: Wire Transfers From Us/cdn Banks To Gtb Us Dom Account. Is This Possible? by Shygayboy(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2019
Thank you oh

(1) (Reply)

Verify/Unblock Your Amazon Account Here! / Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora / Arbitrage (usdt). Make Money At The Comfort Of Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.