Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,404 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Do Females Hate Video Games? (32395 Views)

Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) / The Top Ten Video Games For 2005-2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Diffdeef(m): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
When I say video games,I mean video games,not mobile games etc,I know some females might be playing games on their mobile which is normal but I'm talking about games played on TV screens,video game consoles down from Sega/Playstation 1/2/3/4, Xbox etc.

I wouldn't say all females hate video games,but well some really do hate it,some just like it but are uninterested in playing it,maybe just watching you as you play,probably later gets bored and leaves the spot,but I haven't seen a female game freak,at least a neutral female game freak lol,just none,even in gaming centres,you can only find guys around,no females.

I'm just wondering how the whole video game stuff is seen as a "male thing", to me,98% of females don't play video games,the remaining 2% is simply insignificant or Have any of you guys seen a female game freak?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by agohmamuda(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
because it Robbs dem of the time they have to spend with their boyfriends. So they hate the game and not the player. Gud nite.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
I love video games!!! cheesy tho I don't know how to play very well yet.. but, who cares right?!!! grin

op, most girls don't like it cos its not girly!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by FLAWLES(f): 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
Eeehnnnn.....iffa hear am......not fr me ooooo.i play soccer,´both on a vedio ad real football soc.my best is GOD HAND

23 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cao(f): 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
I'll just quietly seat here and feign ignorance...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Diffdeef(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
EroticAngelina:
I love video games!!! cheesy tho I don't know how to play very well yet.. but, who cares right?!!! grin
op, most girls don't like it cos its not girly!
you don't know how to play it cos u'r uninterested and that's the point. "it's not girly" since there're equal usage of phones,laptops etc by both M & F...what makes video games different? It's not like the consoles were written "men only" just like perfs and body sprays. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Merlissa(f): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
I love video games...

I play anything BUT FOOTBALL..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by cao(f): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
Diffdeef:
you don't know how to play it cos u'r uninterested and that's the point. "it's not girly" since there're equal usage of phones,laptops etc by both M & F...what makes video games different? It's not like the consoles were written "men only" just like perfs and body sprays. cheesy

Still quietly seating here, while he slowly digs himself a new hole...I wonder how long it will take for him to keep putting his foot in his mouth?

EDIT: Now, I'll admit when I've made a mistake, he gets a slight pass for now. @EroticAngelina, I didn't know you knew most girls?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by 04kaa: 8:48am On Nov 18, 2014
Oyinbo girls play games go on twitch u will see them there.... Nigerian Girls dont play cuz their brain isnt wired to be interested in things that require a lil bit of mental calculation, It looks like stress for girls, so they had rather spend time on easy things like wearing makeup and smelling their perfumes. or fixing fake Brazilian hair. It is mostly peculiar to naija girls.

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by bigiyaro(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
My babe plays video games like mad. She has actually finished my GOW3 on god mode. half way through gtaiv

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by csquared085: 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
I know guys that hate video games as well.I think it's a matter of priority and the amount of time they have.Personally,I love gaming and football a lot but I won't want to date or marry a woman who's into video gaming or football as much as I do.It would totally put me off,to be honest.Women have their own obsessions like magazines,clothes,shoes,bags,gisting and make up so it's all good.Our brains are wired differently.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Merlissa:
I love video games...

I play anything BUT FOOTBALL..

yea candy crush!

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
bigiyaro:
My babe plays video games like mad. She has actually finished my GOW3 on god mode. half way through gtaiv

Bro seriously, I envy you. Ma babe too try sha - she is a badass at candy crush! *smh* forget ah said dat...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Merlissa(f): 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
KazukiIto:

yea candy crush!

Duh!! That is a MOBILE game..

I play street fighter, mortal combat. Assassin's creed, god of war, GTA etc

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by KazukiIto(m): 11:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Merlissa:

Duh!! That is a MOBILE game..

I play street fighter, mortal combat. Assassin's creed, god of war, GTA etc

I used that just to humor you. I'm impressed by the way. It's rare (very rare) to see ladies engage in "WASD" or the gamepad ministry. Wait oh!! Seriously, u rock GTA?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Majorpane1(m): 12:01am On Nov 19, 2014
the only game i know ladies might wanna like is "Car Racing" the other day i was teaching a girl midnight club in my ps3 and she wasnt getting it right. i was so pissed and she told me "what did you expect, i am a girl...i have to play from my ass first" lol. crazy truth. Girls hate video games cos it troubles their brains. Last time i checked girls think from their ass so they dont want anything that'd stress them. like they say "i dont like stress" lmaooooooo

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Merlissa(f): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2014
KazukiIto:

I used that just to humor you. I'm impressed by the way. It's rare (very rare) to see ladies engage in "WASD" or the gamepad ministry. Wait oh!! Seriously, u rock GTA?

I know....

Just about to finish GTA 4... I only get to play weekends cuz I have to go to work... but it's all good..

What games do you play??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by crudedude(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2014
Just incase...

Another case in point. A greater number of the very few Naija female gamers are actually tomboys or were tomboys at some point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by crudedude(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2014
Merlissa:

I know....

Just about to finish GTA 4... I only get to play weekends cuz I have to go to work... but it's all good..

What games do you play??

You have your own console?
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Merlissa(f): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2014
crudedude:

You have your own console?

Yes I do... PS3..

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Proffdada: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
I've got a gf who's a game freak, we used to played co-op games then like mk shaolin and lord of the rings on ps 2 but she's married now

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by constance500: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Picks chair cheesy
Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by ichidodo: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Because they depend-to an inch of their lives- on the attentions derive from their boyfriends.Ain't no way any lady will get TLC with a disk of Grand Theft Auto V sitting herself pretty inside a PS4 console in front of 42 inch Samsung LED percolating in my lebensraum (german for livingroom or space)...in some climes,guys do voluntarily forgo s.ex and everything concerning social life altogether even food..and a bath... Video game adiction is a very good vice

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by Monzuur(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Me wey b boy self hate am

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by DGKN: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
I dunno

I think its Cuz.. They themselves are VIDEO Games..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by donigspain(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Seriously, ask them.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by seapson(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by kamez(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Op my current GF loves video games..

You need to see her playing Grand theft auto..

Though she dey spoil my hand whenever we play football together..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by clek: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Some topics are so annoying. Like this one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by mcevans1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
04kaa:
Oyinbo girls play games go on twitch u will see them there.... Nigerian Girls dont play cuz their brain isnt wired to be interested in things that require a lil bit of mental calculation, It looks like stress for girls, so they had rather spend time on easy things like wearing makeup and smelling their perfumes. or fixing fake Brazilian hair. It is mostly peculiar to naija girls.

hey don't hate video games. They hate being ignored. Not all girls hate them. Only the ones that think that talking on the phone, chatting on whatsapp, bbm, facebook, twitter, instgram and painting there nails are more fun.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Hate Video Games? by sukkot: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
i hate video games. had this friend who was obsessed with it when i was younger and he was the one who owned the car so i had to wait long hours watching this fool press buttons while staring at the tv. it was like watching paint dry

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Squid Game Might Be Connected To Nigeria – Canadian Show Host (video) / Do You Remember This Game?! / Who Can Solve This Million Naira Question? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.