Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? (8426 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by AltarBoy1: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
JMAN05:

[b]so help me God. Tell me whether that phrase isn't religious. If it isn't religious, nothing like God will appear there.
now i knw u r nt tinkin straight. Even some of the secular nations have God in their anthem. Its doesnt mk it any more religous.

And which God would now uphold the glory and honor of another nation, and support any action to see that this nation is protected (including wars), when true Christians are no part of the world?
the same God that gave the Isrealites victory over their enemies, knwin that the Israelites, the so called God children, were not part of the world

- The logo of a company is truely there mark of identity, however, will you go to prison for mistreating that logo? But go and mistreat the Nigerian flag and see what happens.
Am yet to see anyone that was sent to prison on the ground that he/she mistreated the logo of any nation. Even though their might be caution from law enforce officers when you do such, same way your boss will reprimand you if you toil with the logo of your organization. I still tell you that, the flag of a nation is almst same with the logo of a coy

Organisation's logo isn't accompanied by a religious song, nor is a mute posture needed during a ceremony.
Most coy that have an anthem, sing it same way they do the anthem. Am pretty sure during board meeting, they wont be sitting down all relaxed while singing the anthem of their coy

The secular source that identified the identity of the flag is not from JW's. So why looked down upon? what will make that source to lie?
Do encyclopedias admit any type of article?
anybody can come up with anything, it doesnt make it flawless. Wikipedia have it that early church fathers who are catholics compiled the bible, but virtually all protestant wont agree to that, so you see it.

Who told you? please substantiate that claim.

Secondly, why will they even be persecuted if they do what the authorities demand of them?
their persecution is based mainly on hatred for the gospel and not submission to the authority. Steven wasnt stoned because he didnt sing the anthem. Paul wasnt arrested because he didnt salute the flag, Peter wasnt killed cos he didnt join the army. So wat else do you want

Religion is part of man, when a religion doninates a country, this often affects all they do. They often make everything religious, and with time, they dont know they ve delved into idolatry.
Chai. I thought You are better this. Apart from some muslim countries that uses Monarch system of leadership, tell me which country that have allowed religion to dominate its helm of affair, and how they ended up in idolatry.
Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by AltarBoy1: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
And for the records, the flag isnt the only symbol of a nation. The coat of arm, the passport, the national ID, the currency etc. So if the flag is termed as a religous symbol of a nation, then so is other items I mentioned. So you guys should desist from using it. Also, you knw that the American currency have "in God we trust" on it. Isnt it a religous symbol of the US, but cos of you guys double standard, you wont see anything wrong with it. I really SMH 4 you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
AltarBoy1:
Guy, plz go and sit down. Who, how, where and when did a nations anthem become a religious song. You see the problem with you guys, you dont think with your head. If a nations anthem/flag is a religious symbol, then an organizational logo (mission statement) is also a religious symbol and you guys should desist from working/school in any organization that is owned by human. Do you knw that every school, lets say UNN, has its anthem and logo, and its expected that every student of the university act in accordance to the anthem and also feel proud where and when ever he/she sees the logo. How is that different from that of a nation. I repeat again. Your double standard is too much.

We dont sing any anthem, even that of UN. You can go and file a report against the source that identified flag as sacred.
Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 22, 2014
AltarBoy1:
now i knw u r nt tinkin straight. Even some of the secular nations have God in their anthem. Its doesnt mk it any more religous.

If an atheist compose the anthem, will he add God to it? If no, why?

I guess that will help.

the same God that gave the Isrealites victory over their enemies, knwin that the Israelites, the so called God children, were not part of the world.

Now, God doesn't operate with one nation, but His worshipers issue from any nation.

Answer:

If God is to uplift one nation above another, which one will be His choosen nation?

Am yet to see anyone that was sent to prison on the ground that he/she mistreated the logo of any nation. Even though their might be caution from law enforce officers when you do such, same way your boss will reprimand you if you toil with the logo of your organization. I still tell you that, the flag of a nation is almst same with the logo of a coy.

Read:

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/group-proposes-10-years-jail-term-for-abusers-of-national-flag/

From there ^^

a. what is the sentence for abusing the flag in US?

b. Is there punishment for any who abuse it in Nigeria?

c. How many yrs sentence was a group advocating?

d. which company has this kind of punishment been given?

Does remind you what happened in the plain of dura?

Bear in mind that we do not salute a company's flag.

Most coy that have an anthem, sing it same way they do the anthem. Am pretty sure during board meeting, they wont be sitting down all relaxed while singing the anthem of their coy.

since we dont sing the school anthem, the same principle should apply. individual consciences are essential.

anybody can come up with anything, it doesnt make it flawless. Wikipedia have it that early church fathers who are catholics compiled the bible, but virtually all protestant wont agree to that, so you see it

You cant equate an encyclopedia with wikipedia. encyclopedias dont just cook stories. please dont say that, its childish.

their persecution is based mainly on hatred for the gospel and not submission to the authority. Steven wasnt stoned because he didnt sing the anthem. Paul wasnt arrested because he didnt salute the flag, Peter wasnt killed cos he didnt join the army. So wat else do you want

Hatred for the gospel and not submission to the authority. Do you read what you write at all?

If the authorities ban the preaching of the gospel (whether they hate it or not), and the Christians persist in spreading it, does it not constitute a disobedience to the authorities?

If we preach that the flag is an idol, as such, we wont salute it, isn't that preaching of the gospel?

I have given you this concerning the early Christians. I repeat:

The Book of Culture says: “The Christians, however, strong in their faith, would take no such oath of loyalty. And because they did not swear allegiance to what we would to-day consider as analogous to the Flag, they were considered politically dangerous.”

You see why they hated the early Christians?

Chai. I thought You are better this. Apart from some muslim countries that uses Monarch system of leadership, tell me which country that have allowed religion to dominate its helm of affair, and how they ended up in idolatry.

Vatican, Italy etc. Research the word "Christendom".
Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 22, 2014
AltarBoy1:
And for the records, the flag isnt the only symbol of a nation. The coat of arm, the passport, the national ID, the currency etc. So if the flag is termed as a religous symbol of a nation, then so is other items I mentioned. So you guys should desist from using it. Also, you knw that the American currency have "in God we trust" on it. Isnt it a religous symbol of the US, but cos of you guys double standard, you wont see anything wrong with it. I really SMH 4 you guys.

Just like roman currency has caesar written in it. But if an atheist is said to produce a coin, will he ever add "God" in it? Why? Isn't it religion that brought the concept of "god" in that coin? Why is this point too hard for you.

That God is written or is in a song is to show you that religion is involved with this national anthem. Thats my point. You cant fault that.

But not all anthem may contain "god" in it, but it may tend to project that country above other nation, hail its heroes, or call for a defense for the nation. These and others may call for objection by a true Christian.

Answer this:

- If I mold my statue or display my curtain outside, and tell you that that curtain or that statue is my symbol. And I instruct you that, since am your boss, you should greet and salute that curtain whenever you see it. What will you do?

- And I said that you should always show honor to that statue or be punished, what will do?

- During my wedding anniversary, I was absent, and a song was played to you with the instruction that you should go pay homage to that my status, what will you do?
Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by vest(m): 6:29am On Nov 22, 2014
when i say so help me God!
i am refering to God( the suprem God) and their is only one God The True God And My Country Has Nt Ask Or Force Me To Worship Any Other god!
Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by vest(m): 6:38am On Nov 22, 2014
?
Re: Why Is It That Jehovah Witness Don't Sing The National Anthem? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2014
vest:
when i say so help me God!
i am refering to God( the suprem God) and their is only one God The True God And My Country Has Nt Ask Or Force Me To Worship Any Other god!

Am not doubting your motive, but what brought "God" into the picture? Isnt it religion? If yes, then the point is made.

When you the anthem said God, I know that my own God doesnt even support the message of that anthem's lyrics. We are no part of the world, we dont pledge our allegence to a nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? / Interview Of Sheik Sani Haliru (boko Haram Member) Now A Christian / Is Homosexuality Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.