Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,667 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! (4739 Views)

Dentistry Vs Pharmacy....which Is More Lucrative!!!! / Pharmacy Student Becomes Google Ambassador In UNILORIN / What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adaperry25: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
i am a pharmacy student of MADONNA university.i am writing this piece on behalf of my aggrieved friends who are being treated with so mUch disdain as if they did not work hard and pay huge amount of fees to get to the present stage that they are in. i cal on the PCN and NUC to attend to this menace that has been going on for years and everything is being concealed as if nothing is hapening.(suffering and smiling).first of all, we dont have a capable dean that makes decision for the faculty.we dont even have a single professor in our department. every decision is being manipulated by one pharm.charles onwudiwe who victimizes student.we have been made to write an exam called pre-qualifying exam.this will prepare you for the main exam.we took the prequalifying exam this year and when the result came out,those that failed were told not to sit for the qualifying exam(main exam).they were told to prepare for a resit exam coming up next month(8th december).after sitting for the main exam, as usual,some passed and some failed.we normally write 3 courses,if u pass 2 courses or 1 course, u will write a resit exam making sure u clear all the courses that u failed.but to our utmost surprise,we were told that it is only those that passed 2 courses that will be eligible to sit for the resit exam.those who passed 1 course will repeat the class thereby paying almost 450,000 naira,after passing through the rigorous test of prequalifying exam.some students even had errors on their grades.the faculty gave no room for rectification.are humans above mistake?all our complaints have gone on deaf years all for financial gains. i dont want to go further on this.i just want the PCN and other pharmacy bodies to settle this issue as soon as possible.our parents are really suffering to pay our fees.from a concerned student.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adaperry25: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
PLEASE MODS MOVE THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hmmmmmm. So, do you mean to say the school management should have allowed students who passed one out of the three courses to re-sit the examination and pass the failed two courses? Are you sure there is no directive from PCN for students who passed one out of the three qualification exams to resit the examination the next year?
Also, you alleged that the school management is not tackling the case of errors in results? You shoud meet your parents, and with proofs and together with him, you consult the school's Registrar(since there is no Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy) or you consult the school founder.

Please, how are the Pharmacy qualification and pre-qualification exams done in Government schools?

Cc; Samgregruc, adeoladrg.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
How can a Faculty in a University function without a Dean? Thi is what happens when school Founder has absolute power, influence and control and manages the university however he deems fit.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adeoladrg(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
You know what? This is unfair. Really it is.

But then it's not the right way to go about it. I could pass this message to the PSN president or the PCN registrar and this might lead to PCN withholding your accreditation IMO. They're come down to your campus and if the situation is that bad, they have the power to close the faculty.

My advice is this. Take this cry or message to the VC of your school and all the high ranking officers through your PANS president. Explain the state of things and the recompense. First you need a Prof as dean, and really I don't understand the qualification exams you talked about.

3 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Yustash001(m): 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
After paying a huge amount of money fa....choi..
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
adaperry25:
i am a pharmacy student of MADONNA university.i am writing this piece on behalf of my aggrieved friends who are being treated with so mUch disdain as if they did not work hard and pay huge amount of fees to get to the present stage that they are in. i cal on the PCN and NUC to attend to this menace that has been going on for years and everything is being concealed as if nothing is hapening.(suffering and smiling).first of all, we dont have a capable dean that makes decision for the faculty.we dont even have a single professor in our department. every decision is being manipulated by one pharm.charles onwudiwe who victimizes student.we have been made to write an exam called pre-qualifying exam.this will prepare you for the main exam.we took the prequalifying exam this year and when the result came out,those that failed were told not to sit for the qualifying exam(main exam).they were told to prepare for a resit exam coming up next month(8th december).after sitting for the main exam, as usual,some passed and some failed.we normally write 3 courses,if u pass 2 courses or 1 course, u will write a resit exam making sure u clear all the courses that u failed.but to our utmost surprise,we were told that it is only those that passed 2 courses that will be eligible to sit for the resit exam.those who passed 1 course will repeat the class thereby paying almost 450,000 naira,after passing through the rigorous test of prequalifying exam.some students even had errors on their grades.the faculty gave no room for rectification.are humans above mistake?all our complaints have gone on deaf years all for financial gains. i dont want to go further on this.i just want the PCN and other pharmacy bodies to settle this issue as soon as possible.our parents are really suffering to pay our fees.from a concerned student.
3courses exam Na MB ni This is strange oh.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
GO TO GOOD FEDERALS SCHOOL UNA NOR GO HEAR...MOD FP

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Osahon7:
grin
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Profcamsey(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
When we advice you to go to public schools. U wont oblige because of fast track. Smh
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by mohammedmagnus: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Pips saying "u should have gone to federal school" its not easy gaining admission into those top level federal institutions, I am a graduate of madonna, and I can beat my chest to the fact that, half of students you see in my alma mater, was as a result of not gaining admission in to TOP-LEVEL federal universities, so please the MODs shld move it to FP asaply, as for those chanting "u shld have gone to federal school" take a back seat, thank you God bless

2 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by kelechiMarie(f): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Vessi:
How can a Faculty in a University function without a Dean? Thi is what happens when school Founder has absolute power, influence and control and manages the university however he deems fit.
thank you
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by decode55(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Private Universities; Scamming Nigerians since 1823 undecided

MODS! FrontPage abeg
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Pennyways: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
Osahon7:
there no proper Jamb cut off mark, no post ume, its stress free as you know kids love things of that kind
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by kennynelcon(m): 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
Finally you now want NUC to help, but you (Madonna) kicked against them when they nullified your accreditation.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by kennynelcon(m): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
OP Hide your phone sister is coming

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by osifred(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
kennynelcon:
OP Hide your phone sister is coming

Lol. You must have been a student of that university. My decision to leave Madonna is the best n biggest decision I have taken in my life. I sincerely thank God who gave a 16yrs lad the wisdom to know that the school is good for nothing.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by busky101(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
Madonna ko singer ni...all this modified high schools in Nigeria that aint up to a college in abroad...
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by kennynelcon(m): 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
osifred:

Lol. You must have been a student of that university. My decision to leave Madonna is the best n biggest decision I have taken in my life. I sincerely thank God who gave a 16yrs lad the wisdom to know that the school is good for nothing.
No I wasn't a student. just heard gist
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Daluuzor(m): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2014
wow! Op you guys are really lucky to have a resit for failed papers. hmm, in University of Benin, you will lose a whole year to write the courses you failed, and if you don't meet up to the required credit load to move over to the next level, then its a goodbye to you. Uniben Px no be beans oo.
and... did u say you only write 3 courses?
Lip Sealed.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adaperry25: 3:10am On Nov 19, 2014
@all, pls ds is not a time for trading blames 4 atending a private skul.evry situatn hz a reason.@adeoladrg,pls help me on behalf of me and d oda studnts and tlk to d pharmcy bodies(PCN nd PSN),d dean put in plac is jst a b.pharm holder.he nd hz oda coleagues hv collided wt d VC to comit ds evil act.no one is paying a listening year.in final year, u r made to pay extra 100,000 making d fees 550000 naira nd at d end of d day,ul b askd to repeat aftr pasn throug a hell of screening exams.lt ds menace stop quicky.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adaperry25: 3:18am On Nov 19, 2014
Ryt nw,sm studnts r cntemplatn on atemptn suicide.so u nw c hw serious it is
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adaperry25: 3:23am On Nov 19, 2014
D skul management sackd al d former deans who wer profesors(sm evn hd to resign),so they cld gain ful control of d fakulty.we r d only ones who undrstnd our situatn betr.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by adaperry25: 3:36am On Nov 19, 2014
Those who did not pas d pre-qualificatn wil resit 4 d exam wheras those who pasd d prequalficatn bt faild to pas @ least 2 courses out of d 3 wil repeat d clas.does dt appear fair?D fakulty had a handbook wch hd stipulatd laws dt we observ nd d handbook wz suposd to expir @ d end of 2013/2014 sesion.al öf a suden a new handbook wz creatd by sm1 whom i dnt knw,wher weird laws r being statd inorder to victimis studnts.this new handbook s wt they r nw applyn.no notic or warnin b4 hand.it wz jst a few wks ago dt we wer tld dt d new handbook laws r now into power.y nt start it in d new 2014/2015 sesion? Hp u guys r getn ma points crystal clear
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2014
Even for MODONNA whr I tot JESUS was a professor?

Nawa they fall hand be that o...
Re: A Cry For Help By A Pharmacy Student!!!! by akinsadeez(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2014
Ah. Madonna university. @OP, is that you don't have a dean at all or you don't have a capable dean like you wrote. I find it very hard to believe that a whole faculty in a higher institution will not have a dean and Sub-dean. Quite unbelievable.
Just like someone said above, the best option might be for you to try and pursue an internal solution because if you publicise it and this gets out, it might lead to a situation where the course might be de-accredited.
However if you are saying that a new handbook has been properly made and the law in the handbook is what is being enforced, then I don't see how you can win this fight. This is because the school has the right to make or amend their laws at any time they deem fit. If a new handbook is out and you guys were aware of it, then you shouldn't complain if the law is implemented...you can only appeal to the authorities to reconsider their stance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Policy Meeting Live Updates Thread / Shell Scholarship Exam Information / Anyone With How I Can Contact Mayflower School Ikenne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.