Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Much Ado About Giving And Receiving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Much Ado About Giving And Receiving (1989 Views)

Today Is Friday, It's Gonna Be A Blessing Time In "Giving And Receiving" / My Best Praise, Thanks Giving And Worship Song What are Yours? / The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/business/am-business/much-ado-about-giving-and-receiving/

When it comes to giving and receiving, what often comes to mind is giving money, material things or your time.

Many giving money expect money back in multiples of the sum given. If you are a veteran of giving money, you may have realised that you don’t always get money back. Giving is not a celestial lottery with a guaranteed win. If your only source of income is your salary, giving money will not increase your salary or make you rich.

There are millions of good people who have been giving this way for donkey’s years and have not made any progress financially. When they happen to experience a financial windfall, they lack the capacity to manage it and put it into another stream of income, hence going back to ground zero, living from hand to mouth and expecting another financial miracle.

New Year’s Eve service is one of the most-attended services in the year as millions of hopefuls throng to places of worship to receive by faith, proclamations concerning the coming year. Some cars are covered by ‘bumper’ concerning each year. The rains may come down from above but if the farmer prays without working on his farm, there will be no harvest no matter what the sticker says.

There is nothing wrong in giving money, materials things and time. This is an important and necessary part of giving. Money is a tool for doing good, and can get to places you may never get to. You have no control over what shape or form the money you gave will come back to you. However, giving money or time is just a small part of giving, the easy part and will hardly make you rich. Giving is much more than giving money and material things. You can give money and still get thrown out of your apartment by your landlord or have your children kicked out from school.

Giving is about adding value

Giving, in the true sense of the word, is about adding value, using your gifts, talents and skills – making the world better than we met it. It is about giving your gifts, using your gifts to solve problems and meet needs. It is not about dipping your hands into your pockets. It is about using your brain to design a solution to a pressing problem.

There are problems all around us. Where two or three are gathered, chances are a problem is being discussed. Some have become overwhelmed by the problems that they have relocated abroad (to face less pressing problems). The challenge is, we do not see ourselves as part of the solution. We are yet to become aware of the fact that our gifts and talents are for a purpose, not just a subject of dinner conversation. One of the problems facing us has your name on it. Within the solution to that problem lies the key to your financial breakthrough.

The law of giving and receiving

We are not strangers to the law of giving and receiving – give and you shall receive, which is regulated by the law of fair exchange – the measure you give is the measure you will receive. The problem is, most of our focus has been on the receiving side and when we try to give, we take a short cut – throw in some money and expect a windfall.

The law of giving and receiving is a natural law as the law of gravity. It is no respecter of persons or religious persuasion. If a Hindu sets up a system that enables him to supply fresh tomatoes to Lagos market women at half their cost price and still makes a profit, you have a rich Hindu. If a worshiper of Ifa develops a solar device that can generate 20KV of electricity for retail price of N100,000 and markets it well, you have another rich person. They identified a need and went to work, giving their gifts. If the needs of thousands and millions are met, you have a financial breakthrough that keeps going on and on as the product and service remain relevant.

This type of financial breakthrough does not need watch night service, bumper stickers and endless prayers and giving. It requires putting on your thinking cap and getting to work to add value to your community. Inspiration helps but if that is all you have, you will be inspired and poor. If you are not of much use to your community or your employer, your pocket will become lean no matter how hard you pray.

When you look at giving from the perspective of adding value, it becomes apparent that we all have something to give, and our capacity to give is virtually limitless if we keep growing and improving. Consequently, our capacity to increase our income is limitless since giving and receiving are two sides of the same coin. They always go together like lightning and thunder, though there is a time lag between both.

If you are not receiving enough, the problem is with your giving. You are not giving enough. If you want to double your receiving, work on doubling your giving. We naturally do not think that way. We believe the way to increase our receiving is to increase our asking. That is why some people spend more energy in praying than working. A lot of good folks pray and fast for financial miracles, asking until they turn blue in the face. When that does not come through, they resort to begging and lamentation.

We complain about things not working around us rather than ask what we can do to solve those problems. We are ready to remain applicants for two years or more rather than looking for needs to meet and problems to solve. We run away from problems rather than looking for problems to solve. We don’t give but we want to receive.

What are you giving for what you want to get?

There is no waiver for the law of giving and receiving. Promotion comes through passing examinations. Examinations are problems to solve. If you avoid examinations, you are not a serious student. We used to call them NFA – No Future Ambition, and we avoided such students.

In what way are you using your gifts and talents? How is the community benefiting from it? What hobby or pet project is hiding in your closet? When will it see the light of day and start meeting needs? The more people you serve, the more money you make.

Waiting to receive is an endless game. If others before us did not give, we would still be in the Stone Age. We need to pay the price to work on our gifts to the level it can meet needs around us. That is the reason we were given those gifts. Going home with those gifts without giving it would be a tragedy.

It may be time to pull over and consider how we engage life. Is your focus on giving or getting? What are your motives? It may seem like commonsense that if you solve problems or meet needs, people will gladly pay you for it, but we still seem not to get it. There are millions waiting to gladly give you money. Are you ready to receive from them by meeting their needs?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
There are millions of good people who have been giving this way for donkey’s years and have not made any progress financially. When they happen to experience a financial windfall, they lack the capacity to manage it and put it into another stream of income, hence going back to ground zero, living from hand to mouth and expecting another financial miracle.

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by C505: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2020
Sir please can you kindly give me your WhatsApp number?

I could ask you some questions here but it'll take time to get response.

I plead with you if you can.

I only need to ask you questions about bond but if you ask me to read, it'll take forever to understand but I could understand better if I am taught.
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Nobody: 11:56am On May 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
I have been following you and we both reply eachother on the investment thread on stock market. Please sir, can we connect on whatsapp
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by IamRichards: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Bold Words.
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by ggirl4real: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
OP, I have liked your comment because what you are saying is a fact.

When I hear religious people say that they are rich not because they are working for their money but because they are sowing heavy seeds and paying tithes, I always request for only one favour from them:

Leave your job, don't go to work again, don't go to your business, don't sell any product or render any service. Resign and just go and sit at home and see if you won't go broke.

You are rich because you have a source of income, not because of tithes. If anything happens to that source or those sources of income, you become poor. Simple
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Timekeeper: 3:19am On Sep 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Good day sir, as an investment manager dt u r, is there any way u can help mi with a job so dt I can learn too.. I just need a way to be tutored and learn under you.

I went to treasury bill thread n I saw ur post..

Pls can u consider my request?
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by petra1(m): 7:19am On Sep 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Ots not true. If you give with the right heart you no doubt must receive . The word of God does not fail
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Afromentalist: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
Word of wisdom.
emmanuelewumi:

http://www.punchng.com/business/am-business/much-ado-about-giving-and-receiving/

When it comes to giving and receiving, what often comes to mind is giving money, material things or your time.

Many giving money expect money back in multiples of the sum given. If you are a veteran of giving money, you may have realised that you don’t always get money back. Giving is not a celestial lottery with a guaranteed win. If your only source of income is your salary, giving money will not increase your salary or make you rich.

New Year’s Eve service is one of the most-attended services in the year as millions of hopefuls throng to places of worship to receive by faith, proclamations concerning the coming year. Some cars are covered by ‘bumper’ concerning each year. The rains may come down from above but if the farmer prays without working on his farm, there will be no harvest no matter what the sticker says.

There is nothing wrong in giving money, materials things and time. This is an important and necessary part of giving. Money is a tool for doing good, and can get to places you may never get to. You have no control over what shape or form the money you gave will come back to you. However, giving money or time is just a small part of giving, the easy part and will hardly make you rich. Giving is much more than giving money and material things. You can give money and still get thrown out of your apartment by your landlord or have your children kicked out from school.

Giving is about adding value

Giving, in the true sense of the word, is about adding value, using your gifts, talents and skills – making the world better than we met it. It is about giving your gifts, using your gifts to solve problems and meet needs. It is not about dipping your hands into your pockets. It is about using your brain to design a solution to a pressing problem.

There are problems all around us. Where two or three are gathered, chances are a problem is being discussed. Some have become overwhelmed by the problems that they have relocated abroad (to face less pressing problems). The challenge is, we do not see ourselves as part of the solution. We are yet to become aware of the fact that our gifts and talents are for a purpose, not just a subject of dinner conversation. One of the problems facing us has your name on it. Within the solution to that problem lies the key to your financial breakthrough.

The law of giving and receiving

We are not strangers to the law of giving and receiving – give and you shall receive, which is regulated by the law of fair exchange – the measure you give is the measure you will receive. The problem is, most of our focus has been on the receiving side and when we try to give, we take a short cut – throw in some money and expect a windfall.

The law of giving and receiving is a natural law as the law of gravity. It is no respecter of persons or religious persuasion. If a Hindu sets up a system that enables him to supply fresh tomatoes to Lagos market women at half their cost price and still makes a profit, you have a rich Hindu. If a worshiper of Ifa develops a solar device that can generate 20KV of electricity for retail price of N100,000 and markets it well, you have another rich person. They identified a need and went to work, giving their gifts. If the needs of thousands and millions are met, you have a financial breakthrough that keeps going on and on as the product and service remain relevant.

This type of financial breakthrough does not need watch night service, bumper stickers and endless prayers and giving. It requires putting on your thinking cap and getting to work to add value to your community. Inspiration helps but if that is all you have, you will be inspired and poor. If you are not of much use to your community or your employer, your pocket will become lean no matter how hard you pray.

When you look at giving from the perspective of adding value, it becomes apparent that we all have something to give, and our capacity to give is virtually limitless if we keep growing and improving. Consequently, our capacity to increase our income is limitless since giving and receiving are two sides of the same coin. They always go together like lightning and thunder, though there is a time lag between both.

If you are not receiving enough, the problem is with your giving. You are not giving enough. If you want to double your receiving, work on doubling your giving. We naturally do not think that way. We believe the way to increase our receiving is to increase our asking. That is why some people spend more energy in praying than working. A lot of good folks pray and fast for financial miracles, asking until they turn blue in the face. When that does not come through, they resort to begging and lamentation.

We complain about things not working around us rather than ask what we can do to solve those problems. We are ready to remain applicants for two years or more rather than looking for needs to meet and problems to solve. We run away from problems rather than looking for problems to solve. We don’t give but we want to receive.

What are you giving for what you want to get?

There is no waiver for the law of giving and receiving. Promotion comes through passing examinations. Examinations are problems to solve. If you avoid examinations, you are not a serious student. We used to call them NFA – No Future Ambition, and we avoided such students.

In what way are you using your gifts and talents? How is the community benefiting from it? What hobby or pet project is hiding in your closet? When will it see the light of day and start meeting needs? The more people you serve, the more money you make.

Waiting to receive is an endless game. If others before us did not give, we would still be in the Stone Age. We need to pay the price to work on our gifts to the level it can meet needs around us. That is the reason we were given those gifts. Going home with those gifts without giving it would be a tragedy.

It may be time to pull over and consider how we engage life. Is your focus on giving or getting? What are your motives? It may seem like commonsense that if you solve problems or meet needs, people will gladly pay you for it, but we still seem not to get it. There are millions waiting to gladly give you money. Are you ready to receive from them by meeting their needs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Afromentalist: 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Today marks the day I finished reading all your inputs.

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by mgcleo: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
@emmanuelewumi pls I need explanation on commodity market. ( afex).
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by mgcleo: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=28134647]

Pls I need explanation on commodity market ( afex)
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
mgcleo:
@emmanuelewumi pls I need explanation on commodity market. ( afex).

I am not that knowledgeable about the commodity Market.

You can send a mail to AFEX
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Nemenma: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2021
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Nemenma: 11:47am On Jun 06, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I am not that knowledgeable about the commodity Market.

You can send a mail to AFEX
I want you to be my mentor. I sent you a mail. I really hope you give a positive reply.
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
Nemenma:
I want you to be my mentor. I sent you a mail. I really hope you give a positive reply.

You can always ask your questions on Nairaland and I will provide an answer to the best of my ability
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Nemenma: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

You can always ask your questions on Nairaland and I will provide an answer to the best of my ability
thank you
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Nemenma: 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I wanted to go into real estate. I am a young woman with burning desire to invest. Invested in some paper asset. I need to learn real estate. I am in need of guidance
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nemenma:
I wanted to go into real estate. I am a young woman with burning desire to invest. Invested in some paper asset. I need to learn real estate. I am in need of guidance

It depends on the fund you have and the location you are based. Real Estate is good provided one did not over pay for it
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Nemenma: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

It depends on the fund you have and the location you are based. Real Estate is good provided one did not over pay for it
I don't even know how to go about it. How do I learn
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by MrDiligence: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Good day sir, kindly add me to your WhatsApp platform. I have emailed wanajo, oracle and yourself with no replies. I will greatly appreciate the kind gesture. My number is 09058603905. Thank you
Re: Much Ado About Giving And Receiving by Benfaco: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad In Bible / If You Are @ Ikosi-ketu Lagos, Please Attend This Rccg Youth Program / The Six Unique Qualities Of An Eagle – A Challenge To Revived Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.