Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Do I Need Goggles In The Kitchen? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do I Need Goggles In The Kitchen? (810 Views)

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / Safety Rules In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need Goggles In The Kitchen? by speakthetruth: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2014
I was in the kitchen some days back cooking and everything was going fine till I had to slice onions. My eyes started watering like I was being flogged by my Chemistry teacher back in Secondary school. I had to pause and take care of myself before continuing the hunger-necessitated process.

Later I had to fry. As I was trying to turn the fish, the rate at which the hot oil was flying(splashing) was as if they were being propelled by some unseen forces that wanted me to sleep hungry that night. One landed very close to one of my eyes and it was not funny at all.

These two events got me thinking: I know of kitchen apron for protecting the body but is there anything like kitchen goggles to safe guard the eyesd?. Or how do you manage oil splash and onion scents during a culinary exercise?
Re: Do I Need Goggles In The Kitchen? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Use a deep fryin or cova d pot wen fryin.remove fish eyes too
google out d tips 4 survin onion tears

(1) (Reply)

Newly Imported Passat! / Oha Soup / Food-poisoning Expert Reveals 6 Things He Refuses To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.