Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Can a person Make heaven without baptism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can a person Make heaven without baptism (5185 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Can I Make Heaven Without Going To Church? / Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
It is stated in the scriptures that without baptism, one cannot make heaven or the kingdom of God, but it seems that most of these new generation churches don't do baptism and just believe that when you repent that your safe, my question is,
CAN A PERSON MAKE HEAVEN WITHOUT BAPTISM?

Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by dein77(m): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2014
Once a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal Saviour, they're born again, and are consequently candidates of Heaven.

Baptism doesn't add or diminish a Christian's entitlement to Heaven. Baptism is our physical demonstration of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and how we have publicly decided to follow Him. It's advisable all Christians be baptised shaaaa

Remember the thief on the cross? He made heaven without having to undergo water baptism.

But new converts should undergo it. Shalom!
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Every born again Christian must be baptized by water through immersion. But if somebody accept Jesus on his death bed without having opportunity to be baptized, he or she will make heaven.
Every child of God must be baptized as soon as he or she is born again.

2 Likes

Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 8:10am On Nov 20, 2014
dein77:
Once a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal Saviour, they're born again, and are consequently candidates of Heaven.

Baptism doesn't add or diminish a Christian's entitlement to Heaven. Baptism is our physical demonstration of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and how we have publicly decided to follow Him. It's advisable all Christians be baptised shaaaa

Remember the thief on the cross? He made heaven without having to undergo water baptism. If

Are you trying to say that baptism is not necessary or that the scriptures at Mark16:16 or John 3:5 was wrong? Because Jesus himself went through baptism....
The thief on the cross made paradise not heaven
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 8:12am On Nov 20, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
Every born again Christian must be baptized by water through immersion. But if somebody accept Jesus on his death bed without having opportunity to be baptized, he or she will make heaven.
Yeah your right.... If you didn't have an opportunity to baptize, you may make heaven but if you had the opportunity but decided no to baptise, you won't make heaven
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by dein77(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2014
briantext:

Yeah your right.... If you didn't have an opportunity to baptize, you may make heaven but if you had the opportunity but decided no to baptise, you won't make heaven

No genuinely repented sinner will refuse water baptism! They are the things that accompany salvation.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2014
dein77:

No genuinely repented sinner will refuse water baptism! They are the things that accompany salvation.
But most of these new generation churches don't conduct baptism....
They just give you a certain pattern of prayer to pray and after will tell yiu that your safe and will make heaven(no baptism)
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by ELLYsian: 8:50am On Nov 20, 2014
Is there a heaven?
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Venerable612(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
briantext:

Are you trying to say that baptism is not necessary or that the scriptures at Mark16:16 or John 3:5 was wrong? Because Jesus himself went through baptism....
The thief on the cross made paradise not heaven

...plz wats Paradise... Wats Heaven?
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by dein77(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
Venerable612:

Please, ask am oo
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Venerable612:

From the Book of Mormon,
Alma 40:11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
13 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of the wicked, yea, who are evil—for behold, they have no part nor portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good; therefore the spirit of the devil did enter into them, and take possession of their house—and these shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of the devil.
14 Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
dein77:

Please, ask am oo
Venerable612:

when Jesus died for our sins, he went to paradise..... Which is a temporary rest play for the righteous...

On the other hand, after Jesus resurrection, He ascended to Heaven which is the permanent rest place of the righteous after resurrection and Judgement

Abeg Make we no derail my thread
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Venerable612(m): 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
briantext:

when Jesus died for our sins, he went to paradise..... Which is a temporary rest play for the righteous...

On the other hand, after Jesus resurrection, He ascended to Heaven which is the permanent rest place of the righteous after resurrection and Judgement

no one z derailin ur thread bro!

Its lyk u r confusin tinz! I tink Eph 2 m nt so sure precisely.. It says..."Jesus descended into the lower parts of d hearts... And on d third day.. He ascended into Heaven... He led captivity captive and gave gifts unto me"

that lower part to me does nt look lyk paradise.. Its more lyk an abyss.. Where he preached to the dead i supos.

Bro Paradise z d final destination of d righteous. More lyk d new Jerusalem. It may b interchangeable wit heaven!(i dnt kno cos am nt a theologian).

Biblical teachings are mor spirit..rada dan the Letters!
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Venerable612(m): 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
briantext:

Its lyk u r confusin tinz! I tink Eph 2 m nt so sure precisely.. It says..."Jesus descended into the lower parts of d hearts... And on d third day.. He ascended into Heaven... He led captivity captive and gave gifts unto me"

that lower part to me does nt look lyk paradise.. Its more lyk an abyss.. Where he preached to the dead i supos.

Bro Paradise z d final destination of d righteous. More lyk d new Jerusalem. It may b interchangeable wit heaven!(i dnt kno cos am nt a theologian).

Biblical teachings are mor spirit..rada dan the Letters!...
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Venerable612(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
briantext:

From the Book of Mormon,
Alma 40:11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
13 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of the wicked, yea, who are evil—for behold, they have no part nor portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good; therefore the spirit of the devil did enter into them, and take possession of their house—and these shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of the devil.
14 Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.

bro... I dnt recall the Bible called the Book of Mormon... Nor any chapter of d Bible called Arman or whateva..

The Bible z d standard for Christianity.. And it is profitable to direct..instruct..reprove and for correction.

U jst comited d fallacy of appealin to an inadequate authority.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
Venerable612:

Biblical teachings are mor spirit..rada dan the Letters!
[size=18pt]He descended, that's true. but why i said he also visited Paradise was because of the case of the theif on the cross that he said will meet him in Paradise that night.....
[/size]
★[size=18pt]I wanna make one thing clear, in an argument that two people are shouting at the top of their voices,nobody gains from it....... So lets not argue, i bring my point and you bring yours. ......we read each others points and take note of what we didn't know that is there...
Just my thought though[/size]
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by jom28gy(m): 1:21am On Nov 22, 2014
Without baptism no one will make heaven,and baptism to make heaven is only done by God himself who is now on earth.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2014
jom28gy:
Without baptism no one will make heaven,and baptism to make heaven is only done by God himself who is now on earth.
Who is God on earth?
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by queensley55(f): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
You can not enter the kingdom of God if not baptized,even Jesus was baptized so its that crucial.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by dein77(m): 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
queensley55:
You can not enter the kingdom of God if not baptized,even Jesus was baptized so its that crucial.

This isn't scriptural. Christ was actually baptised to fulfil all righteousness.

Every new convert should be encouraged to get baptised. But if it didn't happen till the convert dies, he's headed for Heaven.

Baptism isn't a criteria for entering God's Kingdom. It's just a Kingdom rite. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Christmasdon(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
Never.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Kunleskey(m): 6:14am On Nov 23, 2014
Let me check my bible first
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by okeke00(m): 6:48am On Nov 23, 2014
ProfessorPeter:
chief judge. no wonder atheist sees christianity as madness
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2014
okeke00:
chief judge. no wonder atheist sees christianity as madness
What are you insinuating
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by maestroferddi: 9:10am On Nov 23, 2014
queensley55:
And who told you this?

BTW, I hope you know that there are other types of baptism aside baptism by water immersion?

Have you heard of baptism of the holy spirit and baptism by affusion?

The cornerstone of the christian faith is complete FAITH in the salvific/redemptive work of Jesus Christ. See Ephes. 2v8-10.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
maestroferddi:
And who told you this?

BTW, I hope you know that there are other types of baptism aside baptism by water immersion?

Have you heard of baptism of the holy spirit and baptism by affusion?

The cornerstone of the christian faith is complete FAITH in the salvific/redemptive work of Jesus Christ. See Ephes. 2v8-10.
Being saved does not mean entering Heaven......
[size=20pt]John3:5 =Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.[/size]
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by jom28gy(m): 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
The baptism that leads to eternal life is made by God himself who is now on earth,if you seek him you will find him,because the tabernacle of God is living among men.
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by briantext(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
jom28gy:
The baptism that leads to eternal life is made by God himself who is now on earth,if you seek him you will find him,because the tabernacle of God is living among men.
Was the baptism done by John the Baptist not valid?
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On May 18, 2023
briantext:
It is stated in the scriptures that without baptism, one cannot make heaven or the kingdom of God, but it seems that most of these new generation churches don't do baptism and just believe that when you repent that your safe, my question is,
CAN A PERSON MAKE HEAVEN WITHOUT BAPTISM?
It is impossible! undecided

To be Born of Water means being baptized into the New Covenant and Law, Jesus Christ, the new source of Living water for those who are born again. Water baptism, as explained by John the Baptist in Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Luke 3 vs 2 - 18 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 8 symbolizes the transition from (complete abandonment) the Old Law of Moses in order to begin anew following God's New Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God, God's New fountain of Living Water. John referred to it as the Baptism of repentance. undecided

To be born of Spirit means to be born of the Spirit of Eternal Life, God's gift of Eternal Life which is granted to sinners who believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ in fact describes it as an actual possession of the individual by the Spirit in John 3 vs 8, and since the Spirit is Eternal Life itself, He remains with the individual 24/7 for eternity from that point on wielding power and control over the one He possesses (but not over their will). undecided

The above are two essentials for anyone who wishes to partake in the Kingdom of God — Heaven or Hell. undecided
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On May 20, 2023
dein77:
■ Once a person accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal Saviour, they're born again, and are consequently candidates of Heaven. Baptism doesn't add or diminish a Christian's entitlement to Heaven. Baptism is our physical demonstration of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and how we have publicly decided to follow Him. It's advisable all Christians be baptised shaaaa Remember the thief on the cross? He made heaven without having to undergo water baptism.
What you have stated above stands in contradiction to the very Truth of God Himself, Jesus Christ, who instead said, everyone must be born-again.... except a man be born-again — born of water and born of Spirit — He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On May 22, 2023
ProfessorPeter:
■ Every born again Christian must be baptized by water through immersion.
■ But if somebody accept Jesus on his death bed without having opportunity to be baptized, he or she will make heaven.
1. Jesus Christ never stipulated that immersion was necessary for baptism to occur, so let's be careful not to inject our own delusion between those lines of His. undecided

2. A person on his deathbed has no reason to accept Jesus Christ please as we all enter into the Kingdom of God as sinners, and remain, sinners, until we work out our salvation through careful and continuous obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Something someone who is close to death will likely not have time to do. So if such a one dies a born-again sinner, guess where he/she will end up? undecided
Re: Can a person Make heaven without baptism by bukatyne(f): 6:31pm On May 22, 2023
briantext:

But most of these new generation churches don't conduct baptism....
They just give you a certain pattern of prayer to pray and after will tell yiu that your safe and will make heaven(no baptism)

You sure?

Most churches pray that prayer to signify you have given your life to Christ.

Thereafter, you are taken through baptismal classes before actual water baptism is done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; / How Day & Night Started. . Igbo Folklore (igbo Mythology) / The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.