Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,908 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever (60647 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / This is the real reason why Tecno Mobile is The best Phone Brand in Nigeria / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by obamat: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Bros all your point does not make any sense at all
I bought techno phantom A+ August 2013 and its working fine till date although it fell from my hand and broke the screen but replaced it outside carlcare and its working fine.
Techno made a lot of people to have access to internet at least to do facebook if not for any other thing so why spoiling the name techno.
Infact I will still buy techno again

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Dopeyomi(m): 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
Onosy:

After u damaged ur phone with ur own hands u r der blaming tecno..... Rooting violate warranty..... U r in d school of tot #BlameItAllOnTecno ....na wao

[size=20]bRo I blame it all on Tecno for not releasing software for their 2.3.5 device.. [/size]
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by hahn(m): 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
Promhize:

Tecno is not Chinese!!

Excuse my ignorance. What's the origin of techno?
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by UjSizzle(f): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

My techno phone don fall tire ... but e never break. Sometimes I ask my self which kain glass they use do the screen. Techno is cool especially when compared to it's price.

Its cheap but also reliable. My only grouse with techno it the fact that its internal memory fills up too fast and you can install new apps. But I can live with that considering the amount I go it for.

I haven't seen your phone.
Do they have high end phones?
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Originalsly: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
I'm not into phones...but "you get what you pay for" comes to mind.....why should you pay so little and expect soo much? On warranty....the phone may have a one year manufacturer's warranty which means the phone should work as intended for one year. You causing damage to the phone by dropping it... getting the screen broken...getting it wet in the rain...having it expsoed to excessive heat etc is not covered under a warranty. Such damages are covered under iinsurance. It is better that you shout Techno is the. cheapest phone than it is the worst phone in the world.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Bagayouche: 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
Techno phones are always having technical issues
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by ejihand1(m): 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
bayaar:
the only point in ur post is the OS update. Pertaining to the warranty issue, there is difference between warranty and guaranty. Warranty deals with the fone software, maybe it has some factory problem while guaranty deals with hardware in the case of the broken screen... Cest Claire?
Qui.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Jerrykidz(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
ozoneprince:
Recently i have been advertising Tecno phone to many clients that know I'm a phone expert,tackle me with many troubles they have been battling with there phones. I have come to realize,that Tecno have so many queries to answer, especially to my customers because i advice many customers to go for there for their products.

Below i point out Top five Reasons why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever!

LACK OF SOFTWARE UPDATE:

This is one of the major problems which many Tecno customer’s have suffered for. We have never heard of OS updates on any Tecno phone. Tecno rather makes new phones everyday, dumping their older customers in the dark while on the venture of getting new ones. They don’t even seem to even know how phone series work. They made N3, went back and made an advance version of the phone and named it P3.

All same similarity, tecno phones lacks the ability to upgrade its operating system. I'm really suprised that nothing has been done about this. Is it that you guys don’t have capable software engineers to fix this or what? Any reasonable company that values its customers would have found a solution to this but i'm really suprised that nothing has been done so far. BBM now works on android but my friend's tecno d3 can’t use BBM because he can’t upgrade his phone's operating system. Unlike Samsung LG which have ota update,direct with wifi or Samsung kies without rooting the phone. As samsung image for ref:
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/OTA-UPDATES.png[/img]

HIGH PRICE ON SPARE PARTS:

Tecno have never used top quality screens for any of their devices. Even the new ‘top notch’ Tecno R7 sports a screen that has nothing to write home about. Tecno is oblivious of Gorilla Glass etc,all is same. A few days ago, one of my bosses called me on which phone to buy on Tecno. I recommended H7. After a week he bought the phone, it accidentally fell off his hand as he is coming out his car and broke. We went to the office and could you imagine that we were asked to pay for the screen for almost half of the amount we bought the phone. My boss was angry ,I was humiliated and disappointed ,because I pushed him to buy the phone,he didn’t change.

After that day another customer visited me because his n9 screen and touch pad broken. He was told to pay 17,000naira, and yet it not up to a year he bought the phone. That is to say : the phone is still under warranty. Please define warranty for me people, because I know of a friend that his s5 samsung screen went blind and it was changed for him. At Samsung office.with his warranty,one of my customer bought infinix last week,it fell couldn't come up,she went to the branch,they change the screen for her free of charge she was so happy,she told me the testimony,unlike her Tecno she couldn't fix because of price...

INPUT AND TYPING :

Despite the fact that you guys improve on getting good keyboard ,still you produce a look alike H3 that is too small,and the keyboard is not responsive at all. Still the same just as M3,come on! Even the so called R7 keyboard is still not responsive,but check iphone 3 ,even iphone 2 keyboard is very responsive,even without dictionary. I can't have any typing error, ask iphone users.
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/iphone-keyboard.jpg[/img]

I'm so annoyed with Tecno right now.

SOURCE: http://.com/tecno-is-still-the-worst-android-phone/

True fact...but it also have it's own advantages.
The phone is also cheaper
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by JayJustus(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
ozoneprince:
Recently i have been advertising Tecno phone to many clients that know I'm a phone expert,tackle me with many troubles they have been battling with there phones. I have come to realize,that Tecno have so many queries to answer, especially to my customers because i advice many customers to go for there for their products.

Below i point out Top five Reasons why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever!

LACK OF SOFTWARE UPDATE:

This is one of the major problems which many Tecno customer’s have suffered for. We have never heard of OS updates on any Tecno phone. Tecno rather makes new phones everyday, dumping their older customers in the dark while on the venture of getting new ones. They don’t even seem to even know how phone series work. They made N3, went back and made an advance version of the phone and named it P3.

All same similarity, tecno phones lacks the ability to upgrade its operating system. I'm really suprised that nothing has been done about this. Is it that you guys don’t have capable software engineers to fix this or what? Any reasonable company that values its customers would have found a solution to this but i'm really suprised that nothing has been done so far. BBM now works on android but my friend's tecno d3 can’t use BBM because he can’t upgrade his phone's operating system. Unlike Samsung LG which have ota update,direct with wifi or Samsung kies without rooting the phone. As samsung image for ref:
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/OTA-UPDATES.png[/img]

HIGH PRICE ON SPARE PARTS:

Tecno have never used top quality screens for any of their devices. Even the new ‘top notch’ Tecno R7 sports a screen that has nothing to write home about. Tecno is oblivious of Gorilla Glass etc,all is same. A few days ago, one of my bosses called me on which phone to buy on Tecno. I recommended H7. After a week he bought the phone, it accidentally fell off his hand as he is coming out his car and broke. We went to the office and could you imagine that we were asked to pay for the screen for almost half of the amount we bought the phone. My boss was angry ,I was humiliated and disappointed ,because I pushed him to buy the phone,he didn’t change.

After that day another customer visited me because his n9 screen and touch pad broken. He was told to pay 17,000naira, and yet it not up to a year he bought the phone. That is to say : the phone is still under warranty. Please define warranty for me people, because I know of a friend that his s5 samsung screen went blind and it was changed for him. At Samsung office.with his warranty,one of my customer bought infinix last week,it fell couldn't come up,she went to the branch,they change the screen for her free of charge she was so happy,she told me the testimony,unlike her Tecno she couldn't fix because of price...

INPUT AND TYPING :

Despite the fact that you guys improve on getting good keyboard ,still you produce a look alike H3 that is too small,and the keyboard is not responsive at all. Still the same just as M3,come on! Even the so called R7 keyboard is still not responsive,but check iphone 3 ,even iphone 2 keyboard is very responsive,even without dictionary. I can't have any typing error, ask iphone users.
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/iphone-keyboard.jpg[/img]

I'm so annoyed with Tecno right now.

SOURCE: http://.com/tecno-is-still-the-worst-android-phone/

come.nigga...if you want to update a ROM kindly root it and get a custom ROM...no need to cry Here ehh
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by oduaboy1: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Why can't Nigerians be realistic for once.Were you guys really expecting much from a 13k android phone?.LOL
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Techno phones are low quality smart phones for those on a tight budget. So you get what you pay for.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
if you think tecno is bad, you most likely have never tried Infinix.

The WORST OEM ON THE PLANET.

you are complaining about update when even the OS version on the phone is not available.

apparently they get the thing flashed on the NAND in China where they order the rubbish in bulk then badge it in their name.

The only phones that don't have the stock OS available anywhere is Infinix, even their direct reps in Nigeria could not provide it.

And FYI all these chinko sellers appear to have a exclusivity deal with Carlcare that ensures they will offer zero support for any of their devices and you must go to carlcare for the smallest thing.

and when God wan come catch you carlcare no go fit repair am for you. Money enter bush be that.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Lordkewe: 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dats y i dnt purchase chinness product
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by ozoneprince(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
[/color][color=#000099]HEY WHO IS SAYING YOU BOUGHT PHONE OF 15K AND EXPECT OTA UPDATE ,SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET IS NOT UP TO 14K,BUT CHECK THE PHONE DESPITE IS TOO SMALL BUT YOU CAN UPDATE PRETTY COOL[b][/b]
philo3:

true talk my brother...
tecno no force you to buy dia products... na you carry you leg go buy m...
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by ozoneprince(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
HEY WHO IS SAYING YOU BOUGHT PHONE OF 15K AND EXPECT OTA UPDATE ,SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET IS NOT UP TO 14K,BUT CHECK THE PHONE DESPITE IS TOO SMALL BUT YOU CAN UPDATE PRETTY COOL
sunnyotunsman:
So 15k no be money ba?Dash me 1k na.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by ozoneprince(m): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET IS NOT UP TO 14K,BUT CHECK THE PHONE DESPITE IS TOO SMALL BUT YOU CAN UPDATE PRETTY COOL,AND BATTERY LAST LIKE MAD
oduaboy1:
Why can't Nigerians be realistic for once.Were you guys really expecting much from a 13k android phone?.LOL
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by mustyywalex: 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Not only Techno. All China Android except Hauwei Phones. And there is one Jumia is selling now. Injoo my God dat phone is sh.it
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Promhize:
There are great Chinese brand. Tecno is a disgrace, the funny part is that techno isn't Chinese. Infinix is the new useless brand, injoo isn't even a brand. All crap

u sabi
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Onozboy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Wittylens:

LOL! Go and work on your ENGLISH , Use of Comma And Fullstop!!!

I couldn't read this sh*t you just wrote
grin grin
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
sukkot:
cheesy abi tis naija way of saying 'text' ?

No joor. Its like chatting grin....
Abi u don't no what chatting means cheesy
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by sukkot: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
sandijey:

No joor. Its like chatting grin....
Abi u don't no what chatting means cheesy
oh ping is chatting ? ok ooo. i done hear now tongue
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by promkingzz(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mr OP
Okay so.. First of all I didn't hv the strength to even quote ur wrong post, no be beef sha.

You aren't a "phone expert" uncle OP, you are self acclaimed and again; I use an iPhone 5s right now so let me let you down with that before u think I'm trynna defend my status quo or beef up advertising strength for Tecno.

If u are a phone expert as u call yourself you'd know that with phone updates "firmware" and "OS" are two different things. The OTA updates other phone makers provide for their customers are firmware updates NOT OS updates, especially with phones running on the Android JellyBean OS and Below and this has NOTHING to do with Tecnos inability to run BBM as u clearly stated in ur argument. Tecno clearly stated that they will begin to provide OTA updates for phones that carry the new Android KitKat OS and you didn't cover this with ur argument.
I used a Phantom A+ before I changed it and I loved it. I was also mad for not recieving updates like my friends who were using other phone brands but after sometime I got to realize that those were not OS updates.
NO PHONE BRAND EVER PROVIDED OTA OS UPDATES FOR ANY PHONE RUNNING ON THE JELLYBEAN OS AND THOSE BELOW IT!!!
And from what I see in ur post all the tecno phones u recommended to ur customers sef na low end phones wey people dey use manage make e be like say dem dey use smart phone, I didn't see u recommend Phantom Z. The R that was the best u recommended still runs on JellyBean na, abi? And NO phone company provides OTA OS updates for that OS.
So please, point ur argument in the right direction and know that the inability of a device to run a particular software has NOTHING to do with its firmware but it's OS.
I don talk finish o

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Daddi: 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
@ozoneprince and the house, I like Gionee android phones and I know its a china phone. So do they have the above mentioned problems aswell?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by charlsecy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
bayaar:
the only point in ur post is the OS update. Pertaining to the warranty issue, there is difference between warranty and guaranty. Warranty deals with the fone software, maybe it has some factory problem while guaranty deals with hardware in the case of the broken screen
Wrong move. You are boldly incorrect. Warranty and Guarantee or Guaranty talk of the same thing.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by buchisom1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
promkingzz:
Mr OP
Okay so.. First of all I didn't hv the strength to even quote ur wrong post, no be beef sha.

You aren't a "phone expert" uncle OP, you are self acclaimed and again; I use an iPhone 5s right now so let me let you down with that before u think I'm trynna defend my status quo or beef up advertising strength for Tecno.

If u are a phone expert as u call yourself you'd know that with phone updates "firmware" and "OS" are two different things. The OTA updates other phone makers provide for their customers are firmware updates NOT OS updates, especially with phones running on the Android JellyBean OS and Below and this has NOTHING to do with Tecnos inability to run BBM as u clearly stated in ur argument. Tecno clearly stated that they will begin to provide OTA updates for phones that carry the new Android KitKat OS and you didn't cover this with ur argument.
I used a Phantom A+ before I changed it and I loved it. I was also mad for not recieving updates like my friends who were using other phone brands but after sometime I got to realize that those were not OS updates.
NO PHONE BRAND EVER PROVIDED OTA OS UPDATES FOR ANY PHONE RUNNING ON THE JELLYBEAN OS AND THOSE BELOW IT!!!
And from what I see in ur post all the tecno phones u recommended to ur customers sef na low end phones wey people dey use manage make e be like say dem dey use smart phone, I didn't see u recommend Phantom Z. The R that was the best u recommended still runs on JellyBean na, abi? And NO phone company provides OTA OS updates for that OS.
So please, point ur argument in the right direction and know that the inability of a device to run a particular software has NOTHING to do with its firmware but it's OS.
I don talk finish o
broda tank u for educating them coz it takes a smart persi to knw all dis ua jus pointed out...see i was usin A+ but whn i hard abt d kitkat i went for infinix zero since cash nova come for phantom z... And i am enjoyin my fone lik mad

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by drkay002: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2014

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
UjSizzle:

I haven't seen your phone.
Do they have high end phones?

Yeah they do. I make use of an F7 it cost me around 40k to get it. It has specs that rivals a Samsung galaxy.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Olodapsing(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
if u say Tecno Is The Worst Android Phone Ever, then what did you have to say about ITel , as for me they really tried, they bring Android to the grassroots, how many under average Nigeria did u see with an android phone b4 tecno arrives? Buh now I hardly make phone calls, 90%of my contact are on whatsapp.

they are not the best Buh their growth rate is high, am looking forward to the day ppl will start selling their bb for it.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by jayhk(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
buchisom1:
broda tank u for educating them coz it takes a smart persi to knw all dis ua jus pointed out...see i was usin A+ but whn i hard abt d kitkat i went for infinix zero since cash nova come for phantom z... And i am enjoyin my fone lik mad
abi oooooo...I use a tecno h6...nd I mean it DAT fone z one of d best tecno products....d fone z Xo gud I tell u .it has ota gestures mad graphics nd a cool ui nice ba3 Asin nice packaging...it Xo coolly so dnt come here saying shits!!! I DARE U TO HANDLE A H6 OR PHANTOM Z DEN U WLD SEE HAW RETARDED U ARE......ND MIND U H6 Z JUST 17K!!!™
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by Olodapsing(m): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
if u say Tecno Is The Worst Android Phone Ever, then what did you have to say about ITel , as for me they really tried, they bring Android to the grassroots, how many under average Nigeria did u see with an android phone b4 tecno arrives? Buh now I hardly make phone calls, 90%of my contact are on whatsapp.

they are not the best Buh their growth rate is high, am looking forward to the day ppl will start selling their bb for it.
Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by silvernice(m): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
promkingzz:
Mr OP

I don talk finish o

Thanks a lot bro for clearing a sentimental mind. I use the tecno h6 at the moment and it has the OS update feature in it cos it's running on android kit kat 4.4.2. The phone is awesome and for 17k I feel it's a good bargain.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever by mrchuckz: 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hmmnnnn

Funny enough i had a non responsing tecno n7 changed for free
also Phantom A1 heating was repaired free.

firmware update is now possible on the R7 which i have updated twice after purchase.

Tecno may be inferior from your perspective, but its doing greatly in my hands especially this R7. Fallen severally on site with wounds allover but no crack yet. Even other More expensive phones are seen with people all around with cracked screen. They only feel proud with cos its samsung or Iphone.

My best part of R7 is the GPS. not even samsung is beating the GPS accuracy and responsiveness in it. I carried out several surveys with it and i got better results compared to even my garmin 76 GPS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out The Price Of The New Nokia 3310 / 5G Network: List Of Phones To Stop Working From 2022 / Code For Monthly Whatsapp And Facebook on Mtn And Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.