Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days (47008 Views)

Brother To Flavour's Babymama Sandra Okagbue Blasts Him For Messing With Her Pre / Big Congrats! Brymo Proudly Shows Off His Pregnant Babymama / I Am Still A Virgin - Flavour Claims. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by oskaaay(m): 3:35am On Nov 21, 2014
That if real would have been a big boom for him, i guess!

NOTE: How To Get Real Nigerian INSTAGRAM Followers Faster-from A Fellow Nairalander! revealed via https://www.nairaland.com/2007771/how-get-real-nigerian-instagram
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Akmarshal(m): 3:36am On Nov 21, 2014
Mikkyboy10:
Brymo wey suppose dey play sango role for Yoruba films too dey talk...

before nko, you wnt him to be playing obi role for IBO films? tuko!

that is brymo' s opinion n he is entitle to one! talk ur own as u want am or else sharap!
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by otalenu(m): 3:43am On Nov 21, 2014
1million CDs for the gods
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2014
Ishilove:
Mixed reactions continue to trail Flavour's announcement that his new album, 'Thankful', has sold a record one million copies in five days.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ze6hs0e9OVg/VG4CXmqWwOI/AAAAAAAD764/ODOeysPTBb0/s1600/000.png[/img]

While some have tittered behind their fingers and turned their noses up, others have been more vocal in the expression of their utter disbelief. Brymo took to his twitter page to take shots at the claims.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-CSg2lYfdv94/VG4BA-a66-I/AAAAAAAD76Y/G-FxVkG5ZsI/s1600/00.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-WVu773LllA0/VG4BEXCmK5I/AAAAAAAD76o/tLUXqmzexxQ/s1600/2.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-h7HwURPGRqc/VG4BBF8yfXI/AAAAAAAD76c/zxDNBESqhbs/s1600/01.png[/img]
picture source:https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale
http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/lol-brymo-takes-swipe-at-flavours-1m.html?

Below is the opinion of someone who agrees with Brymo.

SOURCE:http://www.36ng.com.ng/2014/11/20/brymo-reacts-to-bogus-spurious-reports-of-flavours-album-selling-1million-copies/

Brymo later apologised, after the damage had been done. Lol (Although i do think the apology is rather tongue-in-the-cheek grin)
[img]http://4.bp..com/-h7HwURPGRqc/VG4BBF8yfXI/AAAAAAAD76c/zxDNBESqhbs/s1600/01.png[/img]
source:https://twitter.com/BrymOlawale

Be that as it may, whether it is true o, or whether it is not true o, Flavour is basking in the glow of his success and nothing anyone says or thinks will change that. cheesy

E baa ma wo awon boiz yi... won fe ma kazi on d kentro level grin
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 21, 2014
intergral:
Do people still buy CD's ? When I can download dem with BB and send it to who ever I like.......... If I reason well please hit LIKE

grin grin
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by boribori(m): 4:00am On Nov 21, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
intergral:
Do people still buy CD's ? When I can download dem with BB and send it to who ever I like.......... If I reason well please hit LIKE
cry
intergral:
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by biafranqueen: 4:03am On Nov 21, 2014
The guy is too much admit it! In Anambra and Enugu alone is it all it takes. 1.5 million live in Nnewi so 1 million is easy peezy!

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by chipet(m): 4:08am On Nov 21, 2014
Rubbish plenty online sha? Wetin carry me come here self when i get logs to check!! grin grin grin
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by preselect(m): 4:13am On Nov 21, 2014
o'boy bad belle full this country o o o o o grin

when will nigerians learn how to mind their own business . . .

bad-bellism

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by bleufaucon: 4:21am On Nov 21, 2014
If the western media jumps up and says oh...sam Smith sold a million copies in 3 days,some Nigerians would agree without a doubt,regardleSs if it's market strategy or not..they would believe completely with their amazing apathy.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by vincent561(m): 4:23am On Nov 21, 2014
Instead of working on his album,he's there counting hw many albums sold by a fellow artiste. Some dudes can b jobless o.

4 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by caprini1: 4:33am On Nov 21, 2014
Brymo Lannister..................dude better go do a collabo with Flavour,Olamide or Phyno to become relevant again.

6 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by emperordan(m): 4:35am On Nov 21, 2014
Brymo and other haters don't have jobs. Please, maybe Flavour should employ him and other haters as marketers...#Olofofo

4 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by slimzy91(m): 4:37am On Nov 21, 2014
One million copies sold in a week and I hvent heard anybody slaming the album , how come?...the numbers should reflect on the street
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by slimzy91(m): 4:47am On Nov 21, 2014
bleufaucon:
If the western media jumps up and says oh...sam Smith sold a million copies in 3 days,some Nigerians would agree without a doubt,regardleSs if it's market strategy or not..they would believe completely with their amazing apathy.
. That is because they don't just say it, they show their statiscal report on how they got their numbers...many ppl don't even know that flavour have a new album in the market, its just ppl that are frequent with internet that knows cos there was no awareness, so saying the dude sold 1 million copies in just one week is very questionable..am taking nothing from flavour, he is a great artist maybe it may actually amount to dah number in the coming months..
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Justcash(m): 5:02am On Nov 21, 2014
slimzy91:
One million copies sold in a week and I hvent heard anybody slaming the album , how come?...the numbers should reflect on the street

I've been blasting it for 2 days consistently. I don't know of 1million sold records, but I know that hustling IGBO men would likely buy the CD and blast it than sit to look for where to download it.

My favorite is Dance and Orinado.

5 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Sanchez01: 5:32am On Nov 21, 2014
So Flavour has turned Taylor Swift Almost everything about us is untrue as a nation.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by slimzy91(m): 5:41am On Nov 21, 2014
Justcash:

I've been blasting it for 2 days consistently. I don't know of 1million sold records, but I know that hustling IGBO men would likely buy the CD and blast it than sit to look for where to download it.

My favorite is Dance and Orinado.
. I also have the album, but I think it should have been held in every corner for an album that has sold 1million copies in just 5 days.. Many ppl don't even knw flavour have a new abulm in d market
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by tiwiex(m): 5:47am On Nov 21, 2014
This is Brymo.
Nigerian artist Brymo has joined fellow musicians such as Kanye West, Jay Z, Miley Cyrus, and Beyonce in becoming part of the curriculum at an American university. Some undergraduate communication studies students of the Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, have reportedly chosen to study Brymo as part of their project. The students are working on a project ‘Speech Communication 101’ and wish to use the singer as a case study for their project, after presenting a paper on his smash hit ‘Down’. ‘Just last month, our Communication students did lyrics decomposition of Brymo’s song titled ‘Down’. Success of the studies has prompted us to do further and more detailed studies of you, your music and your story. I write to inform you that as part of our yearly project work, my students will be studying you (your personality and music),’ said the notice, sent from the department of Communication Studies to Brymo and his management, and exclusively obtained by NET. The students, through the letter, have requested the presence of the singer at the University in August 2014 for the final assessment at the end of the project/programme. As part of the project, students presented a paper on the lyrics deconstruction of Brymo’s hit single ‘Down’ off his recent album Merchant Dealers and Slaves....

Read More at thenet.ng/2014/05/us-university-students-study-brymo-as-project-course/

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 21, 2014
Daddy ooooi musicians done turn politicians... Why the hate? What's your business if he sold 1 million copy or 18 billion copy in 2 days?.... undecided na so person dey use die ooooo, before you know them go dey hate themselves dey kill each other.... cheesy That's non of my business sha...
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by slimzy91(m): 5:50am On Nov 21, 2014
Sanchez01:
So Flavour has turned Taylor Swift Almost everything about us is untrue as a nation.
. Bros talyor swift own self na world sales na reach approximately 1.3m in a week..buh flavour sale 1m copies in 5 days for only naija. Lol abeg make we talk true na

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by onadana: 5:54am On Nov 21, 2014
Is flavor the taste of food.Who is he I stay in Sambisa.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by tiwiex(m): 5:54am On Nov 21, 2014
patostation:

But wait a minute, what if 5 distributors order 200,000 CDs each and pay cash or make deposits. No be 1 million sales be that?

Quite misleading. Flavour cashes out based on his previous success. But if the album is wack, 1million copies go to distributors first before end users.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by ireneony(f): 5:55am On Nov 21, 2014
ShoryuKen:
Although the average CD internationally retails for about 11 times the price of a CD in Nigeria [200 NGN vs. 13.02 USD = 2,294.12 NGN], it's still highly plausible any artiste in Nigeria will do 1 million copies in a week – Taylor Swift is the only one to sell 1 million plus copies in a week since 2012 (digital sales inclusive); and 1 million plus in total sales this year. Even the Justin Timberlakes, and Justin Beibers don't sell over a million [platinum] anymore – since the music industry/music piracy profoundly went digital.

Nigerian music practitioners do some very mgbekeish things... Beyoncé surprise released an album last year; now Wizkid, Flavor, and every-other-Harry is releasing a 'surprise' album. The biggest news in the last 2-weeks was the greatness of Taylor Swift doing over a million in a week, now Flavor does same. No original thought/marketing [hiss], maybe Eddy Remedy or Konga will come out of retirement, and do 1 million next month [psst].

I get where Brymo is coming from, he's simply concerned – he's got a 1st-hand taste of music industry BS, plus had issues with his former label – he disputed the distributors claims, he didn't attack Flavor. So, people here should stop the attacks on his person, with the je-lo-si/hater jibes.

smiley
Beyonce sold 2 million copies in 2days
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Diamondpicture(m): 5:59am On Nov 21, 2014
Finaly I will answer your questions, obaino music is a very good friend of mine and my neighbor there in the market, I have been into the marketing and music industry for over 10 years I was once the only distributor of all kennis music work I have done many works with many artist in the music industry and I have marketed over 100 movies to my record that was when the business was good. So for obaino and flavour to have claimed that they sold a million copy they maybe right. A customer from onitsha can take 300,000 the ones in Abuja and northern state can take 200,000 another customer from that same alaba can take 400,000 and people from other part of the country can take the remaining 100,000 PC's these supplied CDs does not mean that they have been sold to the consumers But insubordination has the right to claim they have been sold insubordination himself is suppose to be reducing the sales not increasing it because he will pay for every copy that he has claimed that he sold because he will pay the royalties, But if you want to confirm more you can put a call through to the CDs replication companies for more details the company is nira sounds.they are there at alakija Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by onatisi(m): 6:09am On Nov 21, 2014
Whatever amount they claim to have sold is entirely their own cup of tea ,if they like they can claim to have sold 170million copies it is nobody business. And noone is interested in their matter .
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by slimzy91(m): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2014
Taylor swift sold 1.287m copies both in digital[download on itunes and the likes, live streams on spotify and the likes] and physical form[talking about units] worldwide not just in usa. Buh our dear flavour sold 1m copies in 5 days for inside obaino shop for only naija..lol abeg let's be realisitic nobody is hating, BELIEVING WHATEVER U HEAR OR SEE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Am not against their market strategy after all “THEMSELF DEM BE HUMAN BEING OOO”. Flavour is good, maybe it will actually get to real 1m in the coming months
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by tintingz(m): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2014
[size=18pt]It is all marketing strategy(Lies).[/size]
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Elnino4ladies: 6:15am On Nov 21, 2014
MI sold 30thousand in 30minutes..brymo shld jst chilled
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by kcowen(m): 6:19am On Nov 21, 2014
Even if he did not sell a million copies,wetin be Brymo concern,sometimes some people just try to put mouth 4 wetin no concern them,since he's no longer relevant in d industry,he just wants to let people know he's still in d industry sha.....
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by MNDY(m): 6:20am On Nov 21, 2014
Once the 1million CDs leave Obaino's custody, it means they are sold! Who propounded the theory that it needs to reach the final consumers for the sale to be complete?
--------------
Obaino did not issue them to the vendors on credit! So the copies are already sold as claimed! And Flavour's skills and how he has endeared himself to the heart of his fans (like me) makes the claim true!
--------------
Flavour is powerfully skilled! On his former Blessed album, I got so obsessed that I personally thought he sang "To Be A Man" for my sake! My mum loves "Chinny Baby" like wow, etc!
--------------
Now, that somewhat acapela rendition of "I'm For Real" is classic! "Wake Up" ft. Wande Coal is the new anthem everywhere! His fans like me are yearning for a taste of the remaining works on the Thankful album!

4 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by kauza: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2014
When goods leave the shelves of a distributor to his customers who are whoesalers,it is assumed as sales by the distributor so I don't understand the fume about the proclamation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The CIA Started The #10YearChallenge For This Reason – Kemi Olunloyo / Burna Boy Shares Video Of His House And Fela's Vintage Records And Instruments / Yemi Alade Rocks Afro, Ditches Her Signature Hairstyle (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.