Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? (1800 Views)

Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. / Pls Can I Get A Masters Degree With A Pass Degree In Maths/stats / P7 In Maths.can I Get A Job In A Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ify84(m): 11:59am On Nov 21, 2014
This week my cousin called me to go submit c.v to her friend in UBA... But the lady said once I get d requirements, it will be only when she can help...

Now de need credit in maths and English... Plus second class upper...

I have 4.21 cpga..... But pass in maths.... Then my school require a pass in maths to do mass comm....

O'level was written 2001... With 7 credits.... Two pass.

MY FEAR, IN DIX AGE OF MATHS AND ENGLISH COMPULSORY.... CAN I GET A JOB SO...

where likely, seems the bank have closed for me.

Can I also do masters degree.

Response pls
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
It will be difficult but it is achievable.
Submit your application anywhere and a lot of HR folks will overlook once you can pass aptitude test and interviews.
Most times when they are checking your certs, it means they already like you and wouldnt mind such details anymore.

As for Masters, it may be difficult to proceed but you can as well do it in the school you graduated from.

Ask around more for a solid response.
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ambassadorgozie(m): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
But wot is stopping u from writing anoda o,level exam
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ify84(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
NairaMode:
It will be difficult but it is achievable.
Submit your application anywhere and a lot of HR folks will overlook once you can pass aptitude test and interviews.
Most times when they are checking your certs, it means they already like you and wouldnt mind such details anymore.

As for Masters, it may be difficult to proceed but you can as well do it in the school you graduated from.

Ask around more for a solid response.

Thanks. Noted unto the Masters
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ify84(m): 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
ambassadorgozie:
But wot is stopping u from writing anoda o,level exam

I still will find it hard to pass maths now....
Beside, degree 2011... Olevel 2015... How acceptable.
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ify84(m): 8:42am On Nov 22, 2014
6 6 views.... Two comments.... Na waa o.... Serious issue wia concern person, everybody go jus mind their business.....
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
Still trying to reconcile how someone who was unable to make a mere C6 in O'level maths was able to graduate with a CGPA of 4.21 from a university. That aside, I think you should be able to get a job in any govt MDA.
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by 1stknight(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
Still trying to reconcile how someone who was unable to make a mere C6 in O'level maths was able to graduate with a CGPA of 4.21 from a university. That aside, I think you should be able to get a job in any govt MDA.

It's possible, don't you believe in second chance? I'm a mathematics students with a very good grade(above 4.5/5.0) and what if I tell you that I'm combining O'level because of mathematics?
Na so life be.

1 Like

Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
1stknight:

It's possible, don't you believe in second chance? I'm a mathematics students with a very good grade(above 4.5/5.0) and what if I tell you that I'm combining O'level because of mathematics?
Na so life be.
What's your year of study and name of institution?
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by Mixty: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
ify84:
This week my cousin called me to go submit c.v to her friend in UBA... But the lady said once I get d requirements, it will be only when she can help...

Now de need credit in maths and English... Plus second class upper...

I have 4.21 cpga..... But pass in maths.... Then my school require a pass in maths to do mass comm....

O'level was written 2001... With 7 credits.... Two pass.

MY FEAR, IN DIX AGE OF MATHS AND ENGLISH COMPULSORY.... CAN I GET A JOB SO...

where likely, seems the bank have closed for me.

Can I also do masters degree.

Response pls
Your grammatical construction is horrible and pathetic. I wonder how you managed to finish with a 4.21 CGPA. What university did you graduate from? Or did you use 'machineries' for your school exams?
Before I am accused of being unnecessarily pedantic and arrogant, I take a quiet walk away from the thread....
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by 1stknight(m): 4:01am On Nov 23, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
What's your year of study and name of institution?

Class of 17, I will be in 300 level next semester and I'm a student of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ify84(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2014
Mixty:

Your grammatical construction is horrible and pathetic. I wonder how you managed to finish with a 4.21 CGPA. What university did you graduate from? Or did you use 'machineries' for your school exams?
Before I am accused of being unnecessarily pedantic and arrogant, I take a quiet walk away from the thread....

The write up was not intended to be flawless... Forget about the English and advise accordingly... Thanks
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ify84(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:

O'level was written 2001... Then intelligence was average but over time, I recorded great improvement.
The only regret, nobody advise me to re-write waec, then though, maths being compulsory was not well promoted.
Re: Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2014
My dear it doesn't mean...my sister was in ur condition, d period of d exam does not mata, wot u nid is to go and write anoda exam and make it....its necessary!

I still will find it hard to pass maths now....
Beside, degree 2011... Olevel 2015... How acceptable. [/quote]

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn People's Respect / Nigerian Guardian Newspaper Tuesday October 9 2007 Job Vacancies / Average Age For Msc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.