Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

My Friend's Trying To Convert Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend's Trying To Convert Me. (1111 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Friend's Trying To Convert Me. by lynn26(f): 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2008
I am a Catholic, I go to mass every Sunday. My upbringing was very Catholic. A friend of mine who is a member of the redeemed church seems to be trying to convert me. I don't feel comfortable. I don't have anything against his church but I am happy with my own faith yet he's telling me I should visit the redeemed church and become a regular member. Someone please give me a clear picture of what the redeemed church is all about and their general beliefs and what the main differences are.
Re: My Friend's Trying To Convert Me. by kokorunna(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2008
I am not a member of the Redeemed Church but its a Pentecostal Church and there is no harm in visiting his Church.

As long as we are serving all serving one GOD, then its okay. The doctrines and beliefs of a Redeem Church are very different from a Catholic Church.

www.churchwhereabouts.com
Re: My Friend's Trying To Convert Me. by KunleOshob(m): 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Post
As long as your faith in christ is certain and you keep his commandments i don't believe you need to change your church. However there is no harm in visiting any other church professing the love of Christ. The only problem with pentecostal churches is that they are more focussed on their individual church growth than the growth of the body of christ hence their penchant to poach members from other churches and discredit other church denominations with doctrine different from their own. My advice to you is to focus more on christ than which ever church you attend.

(1) (Reply)

No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community / Pastor Rapes Woman: After Pouring ‘holy Oil’ Into Her Private P / St. Augustine Of Hippo; The Quintessential Christian Philosopher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.