Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Improving Health Care Delivery In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Improving Health Care Delivery In Nigeria (2445 Views)

EFCC Seals St Solomons Health Care, Lagos (Photo) / Mobile Health: Combating Ebola And Improving Health Using Your Phone! / Improving Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Self Fertility Massage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Improving Health Care Delivery In Nigeria by beneli(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2008
The fact that there's a lot of problems with the system of Health Care Delivery in Nigeria is not debatable.

The debate, however, would be on the singular most important change that needs to be effected within the system, given the limited resources available, which can bring about improvement.

A statement like  'completely overhauling the system' ,with all due respects, would be a vague response.

I'd like to know what Nairalanders think would be the way forward to improve our system of Health delivery and in the process protect the vulnerable service users.

My thoughts include; empowering agencies to increase the level of regulation of practicing Doctors; setting up a consumer protection outfit to protect the public from 'mercenary' and 'quack'  clinics etc.

My declaration of Interest:
I am a Medical Practitioner of Nigerian extraction. I have worked in both Nigeria and the UK (where i currently practice), but i am also familiar with how the Health sector works in other developed and developing countries. I am exploring realisitic interventions that can be offered at an individual, possibly advocacy level to achieve the greatest impact. I am not interested in setting up yet another hospital to exploit the vulnerable.

Your suggestions are welcome.
Re: Improving Health Care Delivery In Nigeria by alexvic12: 6:09am On Dec 30, 2018
Can this thread be active again?
Re: Improving Health Care Delivery In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ask your questions where health professionals can see them. The average Nigerian is relatively uninformed about the way the health sector runs. I strongly believe only those in the system or those having strong interest in it will be able to proffer a solution to the problem because it is multifactorial.

(1) (Reply)

Passing Gas May Help U Liv Longer ,inhaling It Might Prevent Dementia / Pls Doctors In The House I Need Your Help . Herb Sellers Pls Stay Off / Health Benefits Of Putting Sliced Onions In Your Socks While You Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.