Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! (4918 Views)

How To Change Your Phone's Fake Battery To Original. / Activate Sms Delivery Report On Your Phones To Confirm Delivery / I Need a Code To Restore my Nokia 3110c to Default Settings,please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
This tutorial is dedicated to mrrobhamisi who has issues with his Tecno F6. In this tutorial, i would explain how to restore your phone back to the way you purchased it.

If you bricked your phone or ROM and you want everything back to normal, the following tools are needed:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DESTROY YOUR DEVICE BEYOND REPAIR! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

The Below is based on Tecno F6 - You may Replace Downloads for your Device but tutorial is thesame for all
(You may search Downloads for your device if you do not use Tecno F6)
- Stock ROM -> Download coming soon....
- Stock Recovery -> Download Tecno F6 Stock Recovery
- Android Terminal Emulator -> Download Android Terminal Here
- King Root -> Download King Root
- Flash Image Binary -> Download Flash Image Binary
- MTKMobile Uncle -> Search Google Play

=========================================================================
Rooting
If your phone is Bricked! And you need this, i only assume you are rooted! grin

Installing Flash Image Binary
Flash image is a binary used to easily flash a recovery image unto any Android Device, and in the case of this tutorial, we are flashing the default Android Recovery for Tecno F6 (Please search Default Recovery for your Device). Install the Terminal Emulator and use any File Manager e.g Xplore to extract flash_image.zip to your /sdcard1 so we have flash_image file on your sdcard

Open Terminal Emulator and write the following commands

su
mount -o remount, rw /system
cd /storage/sdcard1
cp flash_image /system/bin
cd /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image

Please press Enter after each line! Flash Image is installed, now extract the recovery.zip file into /storage/sdcard1 so we have /storage/sdcard1/recovery.img

su
cd /storage/sdcard1
flash_image recovery recovery.img

The Recovery is Installed!!!!!! So we have the default Recovery Again!

Reinstalling The Stock ROM
Open MTKMobile Uncle and boot into the Default recovery! And select "Factory Reset"

This option is the best as it brings the phone back again!. If you have a problem with that, then download the stock rom and rename to update.zip and click "Apply update from sdcard" and the Stock Rom should be installed
==============================================================================

Re: How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by mrrobhamisi(m): 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
coolsix:
This tutorial is dedicated to mrrobhamisi who has issues with his Tecno F6. In this tutorial, i would explain how to restore your phone back to the way you purchased it.

If you bricked your phone or ROM and you want everything back to normal, the following tools are needed:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DESTROY YOUR DEVICE BEYOND REPAIR! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

The Below is based on Tecno F6 - You may Replace Downloads for your Device but tutorial is thesame for all

Rooting

Flash image is a binary used to easily flash a recovery image unto any Android Device, and in the case of this tutorial, we are flashing the default Android Recovery for Tecno F6 (Please search Default Recovery for your Device). Install the Terminal Emulator and use any File Manager e.g Xplore to extract flash_image.zip to your /sdcard1 so we have flash_image file on your sdcard

Please press Enter after each line! Flash Image is installed, now extract the recovery.zip file into /storage/sdcard1 so we have /storage/sdcard1/recovery.img

Open MTKMobile Uncle and boot into the Default recovery! And select "Factory Reset"

This option is the best as it brings the phone back again!. If you have a problem with that, then download the stock rom and rename to update.zip and click "Apply update from sdcard" and the Stock Rom should be installed

OMG!!! Men i am so glad you made all this for me..now let me start doing the thing

1 Like

Re: How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2014
naijaboiy humbly solicits and ask for your votes today as he realises his dream of attaining the much coveted crown of mr nairaland.....
you guys saw him through all the rounds!so finally he is there at the grand finale and you guys can do it again today...

God bless yall
God bless nairaland
God bless team omonaija smiley smiley smiley

please click on that link and vote for him smiley smiley smiley[/i][/size][/color]
Re: How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 13, 2016
coolsix:

Rooting

Hello bro,please i wish to try out this method cos i have the Ghost Push malware which won't go away on my techno f6. Please, Will it solve the problem? Thanks
Re: How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2016
OrangeDream:
Hello bro,please i wish to try out this method cos i have the Ghost Push malware which won't go away on my techno f6. Please, Will it solve the problem? Thanks

Yes bro it will
Re: How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
coolsix:

Yes bro it will
Thanks. I appreciate your help.. Will get back to you once I do it.. However, you said the stock rom would be available for download soon. Does it mean that, the stock rom is a different process from the stock recovery? Please forgive the amateur nature of my question. I jus want to be sure of what I'm doing before I try it out.
Re: How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 14, 2016
coolsix:

Yes bro it will
My brother, this is what I have after inputting the command.. Should I proceed please? I'm i in safe direction? Waiting for your approval please. Thanks

Please, is it also possible I get screenshot guidance from you sir? I understand more with pictures please. Thanks once again for your help. I will stop here until I hear from you please

(1) (Reply)

This Scam Called Shake And Win / TECNO L8: Hios Is Starting - What Does It Mean? / Airtel Opera Social Bundle working again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.