Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached (18569 Views)

Impeached Ondo Speaker And Deputy Reinstated / PMB And Deputy Prime Minister Of UAE (Hilarious) / Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ekiti has been on news with a lot of misconception flying around. The APC speaker and his deputy(APC) have been impeached and rightly so. You do not leave your legislative duty and run to Lagos. Is Ekiti now Lagos ?

Why did they run to their Ikoyi master ? Is it Tinubu that elected them or the good people of Ekiti ?

You don't leave your duty unannounced and expect not to be impeach.

It is only in Nigeria such illegality happen and black people use sentiment to truncate the constitution.

I am in FULL SUPPORT OF THE 7 LAWMAKERS !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeBtRT6Q_hA

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
Meanwhile after the impeachment, they should also be brought to books why they left Ekiti unattended to !

4 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by gtrust: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
Politics "Made in Nigeria "!!!

You are elected by the Ekiti for Tinubu House boys!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Firefire(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nigeria democracy is growing grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
gtrust:
Politics "Made in Nigeria "!!!

Only in Nigeria will lawmakers be dictating from another state.

It reminds me of Aregbesola that was governing from Lagos.

It is unacceptable. Why can't they build their state to be habitable.

I mean what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

6 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by luvmijeje(f): 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
Papa deceiving pikin. Lawless party.

23 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
Firefire:
Nigeria democracy is growing grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

The illegality by these APC people is just too much and the funny thing is that their supporters will be supporting their LIES and PROPAGANDA.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by gtrust: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

I support this impeachment 100%!!
Let's see what the court would say.

Commissioners were not confirmed because the house was not in session at same time not in recess!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is absolutely a senseless post!

61 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Firefire(m): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Firefire(m): 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

The illegality by these APC people is just too much and the funny thing is that their supporters will be supporting their LIES and PROPAGANDA.

APC lives on Lies and Propaganda embarassed

Their followers too are gullible

18 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by koboko69: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:

Nne...as in... foolish thread!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
FP tinz

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:

Madam this is not for you, we know anything pro APC, you are in full support since you get paid by them. wink

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
gtrust:

I support this impeachment 100%!!
Let's see what the court would say.

Commissioners were not confirmed because the house was not in session at same time not in recess!!!

Yes but claiming Ekiti and living in Lagos is totally unacceptable.

9 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by brownlord: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
I understand the first guy, but the second guy, why was a mad man granted an interview?

Second guy

the speaker absconded from on his own, playing a role of partisan

which is not the oath of allegiance he has on the people of ekiti state

the speaker left on his own

The speaker lepht (left) ekiti state x2, toooo lagos, is he legislating in lagos

What is his function in lagos, when his work here in ekiti state, ( pointing behind him ) continue, is lying lowph or low ( i don't get that part )

Interviewer: what have he done?

The mad lawmaker: The speaker have been impeached, (turning his head like a chicken inflicted by a dead virus) continue, continue the deputy speaker has been impeached

Interviewer: on what ground

The mad lawmaker: their have been (arg) impeached on the ground that (1) they left their official responsibility without official notice,

When we come to the issue of figure, not figure, house of assembly has their own culshure ( culture ) we have our own law, we have the way we operate, we have'se the way we run things

The mad man continue: it is not my duty to tell you figure, it is an administrative funshion ( function ) may be he meant ( folunsho )

Continue, and you cannot allow me as a public servant, to go and be doing the duty of an administrator, ( shaking head ) that is not my own duty

I thought the guy was an OPC or NURTW member,

For christ sake this is national embarrassment

17 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by gtrust: 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Yes but claiming Ekiti and living in Lagos is totally unacceptable.

I think you can live anywhere in the world as it suits you but you MUST be at work at the right time!!!

They were living in Lagos (which is OK) but were NOT going to work and business of governance could not be done!

Essentially, they were trying to frustrate the government but did it unconstitutionally and hence impeachable offence!!!

If they have a problem with the commissioners, no problems, get in session and state to Ekiti people why.
Staying in Lagos and NOT showing up = impeachment!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Madam this is not for you, we know anything pro APC, you are in full support since you get paid by them. wink

get paid by who? Do you have proof?

5 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:
get paid by who? Do you have proof?

Madam do you want me to expose you again ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by SirHouloo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is Nigeria, anything happen here and any cooked up story follows.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
Democracy in action.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Gboliwe: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Bro, stop derailing this thread mbok. That's a distraction you should be smart enough to avoid.

@topic, this politics gets more interesting.

7 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Serves them right
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
APC IS A PARTY OF RASCALS, LAW BREAKERS, TERRORISTS, DRUG ADDICTS.

APC = LIES, IF YOU DOUBT ME ASK LIE MUHAMMED.

APC IS A PARTY OF CRIMINALS THAT BUGGLES NATIONAL ASSEMBLY. A PARTY WHOSE SPEAKER JUMPS THE FENCE TO ACCESS HIS SUPPOSED OFFICE.

APC IS AN IRRESPONSIBLE OPPOSITION.

THE ONLY PARTY WHOSE MANIFESTO IS TO SPONSOR BOKOHARAM, INSULT PEOPLE, KILL AND DESTROY, CREATE ALMAJIRIS, BRAINWASH THE FOLLOWERS, AND THE PLAN TO ISLAMISE NIGERIA.

A VOTE FOR APC IS A VOTE FOR BOKOHARAM.

A VOTE FOR APC IS A VOTE FOR THE ISLAMISATION OF NIGERIA.

A VOTE FOR APC IS A VOTE FOR ROGUE CARTEL LEADERS.

A VOTE FOR APC IS A VOTE TO MAKE PEOPLE OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA SLAVES TO THE HAUSA FULANI.

#KILLAPCCOCKROACHES

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

please do the exposure,I am waiting.

7 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
WHY WE FLED EKITI. speaker.
The Deputy Speaker, Taiwo Orisaleye, said he and a
few other members of the APC lawmakers were
barred from gaining access to the Assembly by the
security men at the place. Speaking to
newsmen yesterday, in Ikere-Ekiti, Omirin said
two legislators, Boluade Kehinde and Olasehinde
Ogunrinde, who are members of the APC went into
hiding because they had been declared wanted.

sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=91393

The same people that condemned those reps in Abuja for fighting their rights are here condemning the ones in ekiti for avoiding crisis. Silly hypocrites.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nigeria's problem has more to do with docile followership than an irresponsible leadership. I am lost for words how a barely educated legislator who is apparently struggling to make a coherent statement is elected in Ekiti. Well, stomach infrastructure! Even more alarming is how someone in his right senses can say " I support how 7 legislators impeached a speaker supported by 18 legislators". The problem with impunity is that it usually starts with our "enemies" before it spreads to "friends". Once he crushes the opposition, sooner than later, Fayose will pounce on PDP members who show any inclination towards independent thinking or disposition. Many are, naively or mischievously cheering him on but I hope sanity prevails.

The issue at play has nothing to do with speaker abandoning the house. It has more to do with separation of powers. The position of governor is not that of an absolute king. Even in ages past, chiefs in Yorubaland adequately cautioned a rampaging bully of a king, not to talk of a clearly well written procedural steps required to effect leadership change. The truth is you can't,legally and constitutionally, impeach a speaker without having 2/3 of house members supporting you. If Fayose thinks he will have the last laugh, it can only mean one thing: he is not a student of history. He has opened a Pandora box.

I think the Ekiti experience would serve as a lesson to the rest of Yorubaland, and possibly Nigeria as a whole. There is a minimum a well educated fellow, devoid of thuggery tendencies, can't go below. There are some things a Fayemi or Segun Oni won't do because of his background. In Segun Oni's Ekiti, it was 50/50 (13 PDP and 13 ACN legislators) and he never resorted to this level of brazen impunity.

In US, the Democrat-controlled senate passed a comprehensive immigration bill. The Republican-controlled house did not even allow the bill come to vote. This is not even a case of the bill being defeated in the House, it was simply not allowed to be debated. It's not automatic that party A should support party B as the clearly mischievous OP is trying to portray; as if it is evil, bad or uncommon for APC not to be supportive of Fayose administration. Fayose is elected by Ekiti people much same way the honorable members. No mandate is bigger or better than the other. The binding chord, the guiding principle is the constitution. Do your work as specified by the constitution. What is done is to find a middle ground, a give-and-take compromise, and then work to move the state forward. If his mandate is to move Ekiti forward, Fayose should find a way to work with the APC-controlled House. Otherwise, crisis today, litigation tomorrow, shooting a day after will create an atmosphere of siege and in the absence of peace, development becomes a mirage.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmm... See grammar wey sophisticated stomach infrastructure lawmaker dey blow for interview.shocked Is that one of the dividends of Awolowo free education?

6 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
koboko69:

Look at this boy calling another thread useless while the one he created was as senseless as koboko419.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by ademega(m): 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
For the past few days I've been receiving different calls from friends most especially friends that are not from my state asking for my opinion about the "almighty mathematical formula" that happened at the state house of assembly in Ekiti ,my response was a shocker to them. Yes , they did the"right thing" , i support them.
We pretende as if this kind of act is not part of us . During Gbenga Daniel's regime as gov in Ogun state almost this same thing happened, in fact , for almost 2 years the state house of assembly was paralyzed. This year alone, there has been different attempts of such; Edo state , Rivers, yes we all know the story. In fact , during Obasanjo's regime it happened in Enugu state. And the mother of it all was the governors forum,up till yesterday nite NTA still referred to gov Jang as the chairman of that forum . In our country generally abnormal situation is more than normal self . Rember , in all this cases , all sides are free from the arms of the law. Write it down(all things being equal), 2 will still b greater than 26 in this country. Yea , two will impeach, become speaker and deputy speaker and we will all jubilate , celebrate and congratulate them . Its part of the "unwritten" law of our land . Once again congratulations to our new speaker. We love you .

8 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
koboko69:

Look at this boy calling another thread useless while the one he created was as senseless as koboko419.Papa Bendelgrin gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by SmartCount(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:

Why won't the post be senseless, in as much as Obiagelli and Barcanista, et al are not here to put some sense into you, you are free to spew your usual nonsense.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nyeson Wike Dissolves Rivers Electoral And Judicial Commissions. / Just In: Buhari’s Jet Departs UK For Nigeria / Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.