Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? (25679 Views)

Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics / 6 Diseases That Could Embarrass You In The Public / JOHESU Strike Claims Nigeria’s Only Neuropathologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by nas00(m): 2:12am On Nov 26, 2014
haryhorku:
is anybody here working in any federal government hospital? I guess non. I work in a federal government hospital and whatam about to tell u its a reality, Doctors can never, I repeat can never attend to any patient without other JOHESU, if u know hospital set up very well, u will understand what am talking about, a new patient that want to see a medical doctor will pass thru this process: 1. a medical record officer will attend to you, they wil be yhe one that will bring out your case file or better still open a new case file for you, 2. its a Nurse that will take your vital signs, its after these procedure that u can not see a doctor, after seeing a doctor, a doctor.cannot diagnose u without 3. its now the medical lab scientist will now conduct a test or series of tests on you, as recommended by the doctor, after that u go to pharmacy to buy.ya drugs,. 4.go to physiotherapy, 5. dental clinic (as the case maybe,) 6. pay for their bills.
so pls my fellow nairalanders, tell me how can a doctor work effectively without JOHESU, I.never mention, the engineers that will power the clinics, wards, (hospital as whole) orderlies that will clean the hospital, accountant that will collect money, security that will secure li es and properties, my dear brothers and sister, there is no way government will be giving NMA a preferential treatment at the detriment of JOHES, we are both relevant in Health Sector. thank you.

Hullo dear.

With your statement, you gave yourself away as an ignoramus.

Even a brain-damaged 5 year old will be able to explain to you why a certain JOHESU strike cannot prevent medical doctors from seeing their patients. While the drawbacks of the strike may include poor patient record keeping, supporting investigations not available within hospitals and hospital dispensaries not open, doctors SURELY see their patients and have been doing so since JOHESU embarked on strike (because patients can yet complete their investigations and buy their prescribed medications at private centres outside the hospitals).

Come to think of it, if I were a doctor, I really don't need a case note to LISTEN to my patient or THINK of how best to treat my patient. All I need is a pair of ears, a functional brain and a knowledge + skill+ experience base to draw from. A nurse won't do that for me, neither would a cleaner, pharmacist, lab technologist or hospital administrator do that for me.

The division of labour effect may be lost, but you never make statements out of pure assumption. Go to UCH, for instance, during this JOHESU strike and do some fact-finding to correct your erroneous impression. Patients are being attended to.

Memory verse for you: Doctors are the ones, and ONLY ones at that, who can attend to the basic needs of patients even when all allied health workers withdraw their services.

This Truth is self-evident and ordinary common sense should have helped you realize it.

Cheers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by KaceeDcontrol(m): 4:51am On Nov 26, 2014
shame on u OP. u could not even acknowledge that u stole someone's facebook update
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Samgreguc(m): 5:37am On Nov 26, 2014
nas00:

Hullo dear.

With your statement, you gave yourself away as an ignoramus.

Even a brain-damaged 5 year old will be able to explain to you why a certain JOHESU strike cannot prevent medical doctors from seeing their patients. While the drawbacks of the strike may include poor patient record keeping, supporting investigations not available within hospitals and hospital dispensaries not open, doctors SURELY see their patients and have been doing so since JOHESU embarked on strike (because patients can yet complete their investigations and buy their prescribed medications at private centres outside the hospitals).

Come to think of it, if I were a doctor, I really don't need a case note to LISTEN to my patient or THINK of how best to treat my patient. All I need is a pair of ears, a functional brain and a knowledge + skill+ experience base to draw from. A nurse won't do that for me, neither would a cleaner, pharmacist, lab technologist or hospital administrator do that for me.

The division of labour effect may be lost, but you never make statements out of pure assumption. Go to UCH, for instance, during this JOHESU strike and do some fact-finding to correct your erroneous impression. Patients are being attended to.

Memory verse for you: Doctors are the ones, and ONLY ones at that, who can attend to the basic needs of patients even when all allied health workers withdraw their services.

This Truth is self-evident and ordinary common sense should have helped you realize it.

Cheers!
hmmm! Have u heard of the clause Patient history?
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by naijaclinic: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2014
As usual the govt is waiting till next month. Dec 5 I hear. When Johesu members fail to recieve alerts in their respective bank accounts then the tempo of discussions will change. Even doctors as well paid as we imagine they are could not hold out for more than 7weeks. Lets see what becomes of cleaners, records officers and actually everybody who is dependent on monthly salaries. And we know the govt is in no hurry. And it usually has public support when it comes to dealing with health workers.

In other news, visit www.naijaclinic.com for timely health information that could save your life!
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by nas00(m): 9:57am On Nov 26, 2014
Samgreguc:

hmmm! Have u heard of the clause Patient history?

My Chief, 'Patient history' is NOT a clause. Although, I understand what you're driving at, please try not to use English words carelessly. wink

Keeping detailed patient records is important for several reasons, and I guess that's what you mean, and I agree with you 110%. But you see, in a situation like this, giving care to patients needing it supersedes the fact that record-keeping staff are unavailable due to strike action. The consultation notes can be kept to be subsequently filed appropriately when the records staff suspend strike. Summarily, patients can still get treated (and do get treated) in spite of JOHESU strike.

Now, let's assume YOU are a medical doctor located in Borno State, say UMTH, and JOHESU is on strike. Boko haram strikes a neighboring village and you get some victims presenting at the hospital. What will you do? Turn them back because there is no record staff to open case notes? Or turn them back because there are no nurses to take the vital signs? What takes precedence? smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Egoarab(m): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
I urge all of us here to visit any hospital around you(except for the private owned hospitals)....then you will know that everything is standstill because of the strike.
I wouldn't want to barge in with what I think about the strike cause every Nigerian obviously know abt the rivalry between the NMA and JOHESSU .
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by CuteUche1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
omicron:
Some months ago, Nigerian doctors went on strike. What started as days of industrial action became weeks, then months. The masses were not happy. There were bitter complaints from every nook and cranny of the society about how insensitive, selfish, wicked and greedy Nigerian doctors are. It was as though medical practice in Nigeria was reserved for the 'meanies', seeing as everybody called the names with sweeping generalizations. Many said the doctors took an oath to protect lives and were not living up to it. Anyway, in the end, matters were apparently rectified and they resumed work.

Today- some months after the NMA strike was called off- JOHESU is on strike. JOHESU is an association of every other health worker in the hospital, minus doctors. The strike has lasted for sometime now. The doctors have been attending to patients alone. There has been deafening silence on this matter. There is no public outrage or outcry. Nobody is telling them they're not living up to their oath.

The interesting part is that the reasons for the strike of few months ago, are about the same reasons for the strike of today, yet, nobody is calling anybody greedy or insensitive or wicked.

There's undoubtedly a disconnect somewhere. I'm still trying to figure out what/where exactly it is.

oga poster, this is plagiarism. You stole this update from Facebook. It is someone's post you lifted without permission or acknowledgement. This is wrong.
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by omicron(m): 6:40am On Nov 27, 2014
CuteUche1:

oga poster, this is plagiarism. You stole this update from Facebook. It is someone's post you lifted without permission or acknowledgement. This is wrong.

ur right. It was not meant to be so; i took permission from the original author too. I have apologised to him too for this oversight. I hvnt been able modify my posts with my phone now. When i browse with my PC i will modify it. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by donbabade: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2014
Battery1:
NMA = ASUU
JOHESU = NASUU
Odimma!
U re wrong
NMA = ASUU
JOHESU = ASUP
grin

2 Likes

Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
i think dominic(health mod) is a nurse . Reason she pushed anti-doc posts to the homepage frequently.
I mean dominique
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by sosalicious(f): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
Josh1000:
I might be wrong but I think JOHESU is born out of inferiority Complex
what will you call that of NMA, "superiority complex"?? I believe there is no issue here. Doctors can't be head of everything. Their self pride is really disgusting.
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
Okonjo and his cohorts has refuse to release Johesu's salary.
Now that Gej has hold on to my November salary ,guess ,i will have to vote him out o BUT . . . . . .
I will survive these sha, if them like, make them withold our salary till next year. They are teaching me how to save noni in bulk.

To all JOHESU MEMBERs IN THE HOUSE ,ALUTA CONTINUA jare till they increase our HAZARD ALLOWANCE & SALARY .

Its time for me to make some extra cash now o.since GEJ NO gree answer my requests.

I NEED A TEMPORAL JOB GUYZ.
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Creativity14(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Josh1000: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
sosalicious:
what will you call that of NMA, "superiority complex"?? I believe there is no issue here. Doctors can't be head of everything. Their self pride is really disgusting.

It should be partnership. There is usually a principal partner-Doctors
not a superior Partner
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by sosalicious(f): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Josh1000:

It should be partnership. There is usually a principal partner-Doctors
not a superior Partner
what re u saying? You sound confused to me. Explain urself beta.
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Josh1000: 12:57am On Jan 05, 2015
sosalicious:
what re u saying? You sound confused to me. Explain urself beta.

Partnership is Key
Doctors are Principal Partners
Among principals in a firm there is usually a Principal Partner
but we are all partners
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by sosalicious(f): 6:39am On Jan 07, 2015
Josh1000:

Partnership is Key
Doctors are Principal Partners
Among principals in a firm there is usually a Principal Partner
but we are all partners
look at the health sector today does it look like doctors are ready to be partners talk more of principal partners. They want everything to go their way and they want to do everything their way. So where is the partnership?
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Josh1000: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
sosalicious:
look at the health sector today does it look like doctors are ready to be partners talk more of principal partners. They want everything to go their way and they want to do everything their way. So where is the partnership?

Dear Friend try starting the partnership
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by sosalicious(f): 1:30am On Jan 08, 2015
Josh1000:

Dear Friend try starting the partnership
if u want me start the partnership at least you can bring ideas on how to start it my dear doctor
Re: Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? by Hitlerz: 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Is it not nature 4 d ppls response 2 b in ds way, cos nobody beefs a loser, its only a loser or group of losers dat will com on air n give excuses 4 their failure in lyf.
'Only success builds haters failure doesn't'
E.g I'm a medical doctor n I'm proud of who I am n living my apy n fulfiled life n I don't n will neva wish am a johesu, or johesu consultant, buh
A group of unfulfiled set of b*tches called by d name johesu will always desire 2 b dat whc dey cannot b unless dey go write jamb(sori, dey can't even pass mcqs) go tru meds sch b4 dey can b called a dr or consultants as d case may b........ Lazy n confused set of pple.
#smh#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Algeria, Morocco, Other Countries Evacuate Citizens From China / Mentally-Challenged Woman Gives Birth To Baby Girl By Roadside In Ebonyi (Pix) / The Danger Of Taking Antimalarials, VITAMIN C And Blood Tonics Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.