Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice (1667 Views)

Another Nairalander Featured In National Daily-world1 / Those Interested In Buying Seedlings As World1 Goes To Kenya, Post Here / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by bamdexfarms(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
So far, av keenly followed experts in agribiz on nairaland and av been opportuned to meet some. I want to apply for YOUWIN 2014 but I need some advice.

I plan to apply for a grant for PLANTAIN FARMING. Please I need your advice before I do so.
1: how profitable is it?
2: how many Ha. Can 10 million establish?
3: how many staff can one employ to run a farm of that size?

4: what other value chains in plantain farming can one integrate with the farm?
5: which state is most preferable to invest in plantain: Ogun, Oyo or Osun state?

Please guys, help me out with These questions. I applied For YOUWIN 3 last year. But I failed to consult experts before i did. I was not even selected for the first stage. Please help me and God bless your efforts.

1 Like

Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by braine(m): 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
You would get their attention when you mention them in your post.

By the way, you need not aim for the max N10m! Small/medium scale Farming shouldn't be up to that.

Plus, there are vast number of articles online that would give you all the necessary info.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by bamdexfarms(m): 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
braine:
You would get their attention when you mention them in your post.

By the way, you need not aim for the max N10m! Small/medium scale Farming shouldn't be up to that.

Plus, there are vast number of articles online that would give you all the necessary info.

Thanks bro, I plan to incorporate a value chain to it. Just like in garri processing biz. I Have read several articles online but I want advices from those I believe are practising farmers. Most articles online are written by E-farmers that want to sell E-books.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by braine(m): 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
bamdexfarms:

Thanks bro, I plan to incorporate a value chain to it. Just like in garri processing biz. I Have read several articles online but I want advices from those I believe are practising farmers. Most articles online are written by E-farmers that want to sell E-books.

Oh okay. I don't understand how the value chain thing works tho.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Plantain plantation and processing should be your plan.

I.e, process the plantain to plantain flour.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by bamdexfarms(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
Am still surprised why these gurus I named are yet to reply oooooo!!!!
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by ptoall: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
Your best bet is to go and visit an experienced plantain farmer and get all the facts, I doubt if u can win youwin with online facts.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by jethro2: 1:37am On Nov 25, 2014
bamdexfarms:
I am just seeing this. I am just seeing your post. I am sorry I have not been frequent online this past week. I dont know much about plantain cultivation and processing. But like ptoall suggest, please visit and experience farmer, especially rural farmers to sample their opinion. Best of luck
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by hotmas911(m): 7:02am On Nov 25, 2014
ptoall:
Your best bet is to go and visit an experienced plantain farmer and get all the facts, I doubt if u can win youwin with online facts.
i couldn't have advised you better. You need to move out and start gathering real time facts.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by world1(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
bamdexfarms:
So far, av keenly followed experts in agribiz on nairaland and av been opportuned to meet some. I want to apply for YOUWIN 2014 but I need some advice.

I plan to apply for a grant for PLANTAIN FARMING. Please I need your advice before I do so.
1: how profitable is it?
2: how many Ha. Can 10 million establish?
3: how many staff can one employ to run a farm of that size?

4: what other value chains in plantain farming can one integrate with the farm?
5: which state is most preferable to invest in plantain: Ogun, Oyo or Osun state?

Please guys, help me out with These questions. I applied For YOUWIN 3 last year. But I failed to consult experts before i did. I was not even selected for the first stage. Please help me and God bless your efforts.

Sorry for replying late.
Have being so busy with our new intiative.

Now let take it one after the other.
I pray that your expectations shall not be cut short. Amen
You can't apply for the maximum amount 10 million involved in Youwin.
Have been involved in youwin from day 1 and I stand to be corrected nobody in this country has ever got the 10million. If you know anyone then come out and show the prove even the last set are yet to get money.

Now to you question.
1. Plantain is highly lucrative
2. For a standard farm minus land about 8acres which will translate to almost 20,000 plantain.
3. Staff is not about no but productivity. Plus security 4-7.
4. You can reduce the farm size and invest in processing your plantain into plantain flour, then have a lot of snails in the plantain farm using natural breeding methodology.
5. A lot of things are involved when it comes to farm land purchase. If you intend to sell your produce looking at proximity to major market Ogun is better.
But in case you want to process you can stay in rote area which will translate to cheap land, labour and electricity.

1 Like

Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by world1(m): 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
ptoall:
He need more than experience farmers because he has to write a business plan with 3years cash flow projection. How many farmers knows that.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by world1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
bamdexfarms:
We are so sorry.
Always check the time we post is either early in the morning or evening because real farmers has a lot to do.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by ptoall: 12:20am On Dec 03, 2014
world1:

He need more than experience farmers because he has to write a business plan with 3years cash flow projection. How many farmers knows that.
The farmer will definitely not write for him but he can give him all info including cash flow etc.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by abbakacici: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2014
Plantain farming is farming is profitable but am not sure if about the turnover, that is weather you will be able to break even within a year, because that want you-win wants.

may be you already know this, most of the people that won in the last 3 edition have this 3 thing in common

1) experience in the filed
2) personal commitment (financially or land)
3)Education (most people i know have at-least advance diploma)
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by bamdexfarms(m): 1:28am On Dec 05, 2014
I appreciate your responses so far, @ world 1, how can we meet pls?
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2014
bamdexfarms:

Sorry about that. i expected your call,i am near where you are based.
Lets meet to discuss.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by world1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
bamdexfarms:
I appreciate your responses so far, @ world 1, how can we meet pls?
You can call me as am on a plantain farm setup project now in Ado-ekiti.
If you are lucky i can show you step by step pratical ways of setting up a standard plantain plantation using advance techniques.
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by bamdexfarms(m): 12:38am On Dec 28, 2014
world1:

You can call me as am on a plantain farm setup project now in Ado-ekiti.
If you are lucky i can show you step by step pratical ways of setting up a standard plantain plantation using advance techniques.

I really appreciate, but am based in Ibadan. I plan to attend the YABDI training in abeokuta on jan 31st
Re: World1, Jethro2,lesgupnigeria, Hotmass And Others, I Need Your Advice by world1(m): 1:07am On Dec 28, 2014
bamdexfarms:

I really appreciate, but am based in Ibadan. I plan to attend the YABDI training in abeokuta on jan 31st

Bravo.
An expert is coming that will be talking on processes to take in getting YOUWIN GRANT.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Maximising Nigeria’s Agric Comparative Advantage As New Minister Assumes Office / 18 Weeks Point Of Lay For Sale / Assist Me In Broiler Feed Formulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.