Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba (1630 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Jesus Appeared To Them And They Converted From Islam To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by ElRey01: 5:42am On Nov 24, 2014
In a recent interview with Punch, TV personality, motivational speaker and model, Jumai Shaba opened up on why she embraced the new faith. See excerpts below:

Ques: You shocked many with your recent conversion to Christianity, how did this happen?

Ans: It is something I have been thinking of for a long time. I come from a family of Muslims; my father and siblings are Muslims while my mother is a Christian. To come from a predominantly Muslim background and then become a Christian has to be your calling especially if you are into entertainment. It was my calling. I had to not just be a Christian, but to also live as a Christian. I am very compelled to spread the gospel and that is what I do on my Sunday Vlog series.

Ques: But you were happy being a Muslim?

Ans: Yes, as a Muslim, I was happy but I always yearned for a deeper connection with my creator. One day, I accompanied a friend of mine to a Catholic church and I loved the manner in which they communicated with God. I knew at that moment that I would never turn back. I turned down the chance to run a huge reality show with my sisters in order for me to attend Discipleship School. I got baptised shortly after and gave my life completely to Christ.

Ques: How did you handle reactions from family, fans and friends?

Ans: I didn’t really face any criticism from my father, who is a Muslim but married to a Christian. Obviously, he wanted his children to practise his own religion, but I chose to go with my mother’s side of the divide. As a Muslim, I was very pro-Islam and now as a Christian I am very passionate about my faith. I think my siblings were very shocked at my conversion. They see my lifestyle and have also come to realise that it is not just a phase that I am passing through. The bulk of the criticism I faced was from my Muslim fans and followers especially, on Instagram. They challenged the reason for my conversion.

Ques: Many people are of the opinion that you were looking for an excuse to run a Vlog like some of your colleagues?

Ans: That is not true. I spread the gospel on my Vlog and also talk about how to live your life to the fullest abiding by the tenets of the religion.

Ques: Do you believe in love and marriage?

Ans: I can’t be a born-again Christian and not believe in marriage because it helps. I like the whole idea of a man and a woman coming together to help each other. My idea of an ideal marriage is one where respect and love thrive.

Ques: Your industry is associated with a lot of fakeness. What are your thoughts?

Ans: Even if you are the most real person people will still speak ill of you. However, if you are consistent with being yourself, after a while, you can’t fake anything again. I am true to myself, I don’t put on any airs and I am proud of all that I have achieved for myself by sheer hard work and resilience.

http://afikpochictimes.com/?p=6044

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by ElRey01: 5:45am On Nov 24, 2014
Thank God for the salvation of your soul

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by Bekwarra(m): 6:12am On Nov 24, 2014
Praise the Lord.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by thegoodone2(m): 6:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Thank God. she has seen the light. I was once a musilm.most of them know that Jeaus christ is Lord but they are afriad what people will say. you shall know the true and the true shall set you free.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by walad4yhu(m): 6:34am On Nov 24, 2014
"to become a Christian has to be your calling
especially if you are into entertainment" cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:34am On Nov 24, 2014
D hand of Esau the voice of Jacob na d same fiful
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by lilbazy(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2014
Another lost sheep is found!!! Glory be to jehovah in the highest.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by psyqs(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2014
walad4yhu:

Cnt stp laffin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by omotenah(f): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2014
lmaooo smh,, May Allah forgive you
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by ElRey01: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
We should keep praying for the Muslims so the Holy Spirit will bring them to the knowledge and understanding of the truth. We know it is not the will of God that any soul should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by havilla(f): 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
walad4yhu:
to become a Muslim has to be your calling especially if you are into senseless killing.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by havilla(f): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
omotenah:
lmaooo smh,, May Allah forgive you
who needs allahs forgiveness? Jesus is sufficient enough smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by haffaze777(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2014
ElRey01:
We should keep praying for the Muslims so the Holy Spirit will bring them to the knowledge and understanding of the truth. We know it is not the will of God that any soul should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

hmmmmgrin confession everywhere
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by urheme: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2014
doesn't look like a Christian or muslim. looks like a beautiful prostitute grin grin
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by sanali(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
Her call, but now she can fornicate how she want, just saying..don wan any idiot quotin me
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba by An2elect2(f): 7:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lies. Does this sound like someone indwelt by Christ? maybe another Christ but not the biblical one.

(1) (Reply)

If I Was God.... / Post &tag / Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies About Dangote, Otedola, Oshiomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.