Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees (18400 Views)

Increase of tuition fees in Nigerian Universities:A better educational standard? / Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media / Students Protest Looms In Unijos Over "OUTRGEOU" FEES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by adeoladrg(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
k

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Abbeyunique2(m): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
it seems this hike in fee is general

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by lekanolaolu: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Truth be told, there is NOTHING you can do that will make you truimph over the school authority. The school management will always win.
We did more than that here in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife and we were only successful just paying the increased school fee plus some additional charges (late registration); our days on campus was also extended by using about 2 months plus at home.
OAU has a better story
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
D

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by eleko1: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
sadTogo
Deiok:
Where is unijos? I dont know where it is because i schooled in the university of jos. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by eleko1: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
No wonder!
bright007:
Where is unijos? is it the name of a river near Sambisa forest, a traditional palace in Otueke or a snack similar in appearance to cassava bread?

pls someone should answer cos i am still serving my oga at Ariaria market

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kelvinklein219(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
amma go ahead and have to like everybody's post above me...didn't read any,I was here
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by dein77(m): 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
If the students are willing to sustain the protests for some time, the Authority will most likely change its stance.

Nothing good comes easy.

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ShakurM(m): 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennosklint:
Here in damascus we don't protest we go straight to those in power nd shot dem at sight
No wonder ur grammar is shot!

2 Likes

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Dammytrager(m): 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
VC's of federal institution been increasing school fees since the time of Methuselah!!!

Buh let's dialogue o, is it d schools' fault or d failed Government who has refused to fund d educational sector, What a pity!!! I predict more schools r gonna start increasing sch fees nau, very soon dere wnt b any difference between d fees of private institutions n federal institutions (I pray I'll v graduated den sha) cos federal Government is not ready to fund them

UNIJOSites pls be careful with ur protest o, don't go about destroying school properties cos its gonna b used against u, let ur Aluta b scientific n mature I feel in ur pain.Thanks to OAU m gonna be resuming 100lvl by May wen my mates r gonna b rounding up with deir 100lvl n sum in 200

DEMOCRAZY HAS FAILED US!!!
OUR GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED US!!!
GEJ HAS FAILED US!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by FaskRolce: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
I feel for my alma mata. Y now? I thought this VC was gonna do better than his predecessor. Me sef don taya for una jor

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by englishmart(m): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
alutaoracle:
I have come to understand that there is a bias against unijos news on this site by the moderators. This is a serious news but its not on front page but if its news from university from the west it would have being on front page with only 5 comments. Mods this is not fair pls this is a nigerian forum and not a yoruba forum alone.
learn to be patient. Impatience kills..

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
Another challenge o
Another Challenge o
Another challenge o
this one na VC challenge o....

Aluta Continua....
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by alutaoracle: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
The protest was peaceful today aside the gate that was broken because of soldiers that were shooting there was no other act of violence.
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
ShakurM:
No wonder ur grammar is shot!
oya correct cos u ar on ur way to damascus nw
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by trisha01(f): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
i personally ....
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by seunwen2(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ejoo kini temi
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nigeria and poverty some primary schools are paying 100k a term.

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ImperfectMe(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
This is to inform students, members of the University community
and the
general public that there is no plan to increase school charges.
Members of the University Community especially students should
please
disregard the rumours peddled around by some disgruntled elements that
Management intends to review school charges.
Management wishes to state categorically that the Second
Semester
Examinations scheduled to commence on Monday, November 24,
2014 remains unchanged.
All students are strongly advised to go about er preparation for
the
examinations.
Signed Jilli-Dandam, D. Esq Registrar

source; www.unijos.edu.ng/newss.php?id=1416814198&page=1

. I just dont know why bad news travels faster than good news...now this skirmish has cost us a whole week
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by 1stola: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
NAWA O
MY LAST SCHOOL FEES IN UJ WAS 11,500
NAIJA! WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by MNDY(m): 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
OP, shut your mouth there and get ready to pay any amount the authority agrees on finally! I haven't really heard of a past case of protests making a school authority change her fee-hike decision!
------------
Here in KSU (Kogi) where I'm schooling, we were ushered into this session with our own hike! No protests whatsoever! However, there were widespread criticisms against this Hassan Isah VC of a "thing" (pissed off)!
------------
While it was held as mere rumour in some quarters at first, other quarters confirmed it! And so, the mixed feelings until dem carry am come land 4 our head GBAM!
------------
We (indigenes) expected voices of our illustrious people on the matter, perhaps a stoppage to it! But nothing happened! And I strongly believe that Idachaba (a.k.a Absolute) the newly elected SUG president et al got bribed along the line to just shut up over the matter!
------------
Wetin I 4 talk if not bribery? The dude appeared performing on assumption of office as he ordered that there be no N10 extra charges on recharge cards and no N10 pure water sale but N5 on campus and Okada fare regulations - nice policies!
------------
By the way, news of the KSU lecturer kidnapped & murdered Fri./Sat. is spreading wide everywhere! Why is it not on frontpage yet? OTIS as he is fondly referred to, was a lecturer in Agric. Faculty and former FUTMINNA lecturer!
------------
Very well noted for chasing anything in skirt! Even an old student in his former FUTMINNA days knew this and put it on LIB where news of his murder is currently!
------------
Here in KSU, while alive, he is said to be licking his lips while looking at the bum-bum of girls and/or grabbing his crotch when he gets an erection! That is how serious it is!
------------
Ironically, before his death, he was appointed as one of the school's task force agents to check indecent dressing among females especially! Came to my faculty in the recent past making arrests and I was just laughing!
------------
My heart goes out to his heavily pregnant young lecturer wife who I also hear is one wh'ore and b*tch of a lady too! Hmmmmm!
------------
Before OTIS' kidnap on Friday, I heard he had a quarrel with a lady at an ATM point in school whom he asked to leave the ATM for him to use for it was the ATM meant for lecturers (lie)! The lady was said to be arrested by the school's security unit when she threatened to deal with him!
------------
I knew him as a recent former Diploma Programme's director of the school while I underwent my diploma programme! RIP OTIS!
------------
More so, his killers who dumped his corpse in another town far away from Anyigba the University town, were said to have been provoked to kill him when they faced a gun battle at a check-point with mopols while coming which cost them a member!
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by tonte(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
your English teacher will be proud of this

kennosklint:
Here in damascus we don't protest we go straight to those in power nd shot dem at sight
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Lovechyld101(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2014
Is this meant to be an Xmas Gift ?? The state of our Educational sector has really gone bad hike here and there.
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by tonte(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
the students will want it for free if possible..I'm sure even those students that use the iPhone 6 are going to be among the protesters

2 Likes

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Charchy07(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
So people still study in dose North east Unis? Life is more important than education o.
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by benemmanuel: 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
bright007:
Where is unijos? is it the name of a river near Sambisa forest, a traditional palace in Otueke or a snack similar in appearance to cassava bread?

pls someone should answer cos i am still serving my oga at Ariaria market
question for d Gods
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ozo13(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
grin
noskyboy:
The students of the University of Jos are currently on a serious protest over the tyrannical way the VC is running the school.

Since the beginning of the current VC's tenure lectures and exams have been done using the fire brigade approach and school fees have been on an ungodly increase, from #16,000 plus hostel accomodation, to over #40,000 last session.

As if that is not bad enough, the VC has proposed another increase which may bring the fees up to #60,000 for returning students, talk less of the amount new students pay. And this has been declared unacceptable by the students, therefore the aim of the protest is to force the VC to reverse the fees not just to 40k but to 20k, and this would be achieved by refusal to write exams, which is to start today 24th Nov 2014.

I urge everyone to support this noble request and movement against corruption in our Universities. ALUTA CONTINUA!!!
APC at work grin
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ShakurM(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennosklint:
oya correct cos u ar on ur way to damascus nw
How sad undecided
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Jinyjagz(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
MNDY:
OP, shut your mouth there and get ready to pay any amount the authority agrees on finally! I haven't really heard of a past case of protests making a school authority change her fee-hike decision!
------------
lasu frm 100k plus to 30k so shut dafuck up if u hv nothing nice to say

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by mixedgene: 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
alutaoracle:
I have come to understand that there is a bias against unijos news on this site by the moderators. This is a serious news but its not on front page but if its news from university from the west it would have being on front page with only 5 comments. Mods this is not fair pls this is a nigerian forum and not a yoruba forum alone.

What are you saying in essence? Was NL created for UniJos ?
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
tonte:
your English teacher will be proud of this

lol una nor sabi abbreviation nii?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike / Nairaland Philosophy Students / Ogun School Where Pupils Learn Under Mango Tree Despite N30M Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.