Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees (18381 Views)

Increase of tuition fees in Nigerian Universities:A better educational standard? / Babcock University Students Protest Increase Of Fees Via Social Media / Students Protest Looms In Unijos Over "OUTRGEOU" FEES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
ShakurM:
How sad undecided
u nor sabi abbreviation nii??
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ShakurM(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennosklint:
u nor sabi abbreviation nii??
lol..English teacher mii
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
ShakurM:
lol..English teacher mii
lol otondo grin
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Temptee101(m): 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
UniFrance i know, please who is UniJos?

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ShakurM(m): 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennosklint:
lol otondo grin
baba re! grin
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
ShakurM:
baba re! grin
omo jati jati cheesy
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ShakurM(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennosklint:
omo jati jati cheesy
Omo ale lo fe ya! tongue Oya Ki mi pele
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by EHoudini: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
Education isnt cheap. 60k is more than reasonable. Last i went to uj i couldnt find place to park my jalopy. Spaces taken by students. Some of these hump around with 100g phone! Na una go suffer. Him na prof. These same guys dont want to pay fee but demand d earth be given when d graduate. Peter n paul. Share d cost share derivable gains. My take. No pain no gain

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
ShakurM:
Omo ale lo fe ya! tongue Oya Ki mi pele
agbo is nt gud 4 ur health
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by JOETYNO: 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
bright007:
Where is unijos? is it the name of a river near Sambisa forest, a traditional palace in Otueke or a snack similar in appearance to cassava bread?

pls someone should answer cos i am still serving my oga at Ariaria market

but I saw U in Abia poly this evening? wink

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by livingstoneony(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Aluta continua. Victoria Acerta # the S.U.G. In unijos lost its power during hitler's tenure. Force that sucker Mafuya to reduce the damn fees# Aluta continua.... #iam JOStified
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Pancs(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
my heart is with the Jossites .cos I understand ur position. 2012 I paid my last fee at #12500. mafia must go! aluta continua
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
noskyboy:
The students of the University of Jos are currently on a serious protest over the tyrannical way the VC is running the school.

Since the beginning of the current VC's tenure lectures and exams have been done using the fire brigade approach and school fees have been on an ungodly increase, from #16,000 plus hostel accomodation, to over #40,000 last session.

As if that is not bad enough, the VC has proposed another increase which may bring the fees up to #60,000 for returning students, talk less of the amount new students pay. And this has been declared unacceptable by the students, therefore the aim of the protest is to force the VC to reverse the fees not just to 40k but to 20k, and this would be achieved by refusal to write exams, which is to start today 24th Nov 2014.

I urge everyone to support this noble request and movement against corruption in our Universities. ALUTA CONTINUA!!!

well ahead of the subsidy removal and proposed SAP (Structural Adjustment Programme) this VC is thinking ahead.. you better do as well
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Rennerglo: 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
Thayay:
The way the school management is exploiting the students with arbitrary charges is getting out of hand.It would've been better if this school have good infrastructure and standard learning facilities,good welfarism,and upright SUG with that exorbitant fees.
In UJ you will see (SUG,DEPARTMENTAL,PROSPECTUS,MEDICALS)DEWS in the school fees reciept outline and still pay all this during the registration.
we pay university development dew of #10,000 but nothing has ever developed in the schools;only our school fees is about to be developed.
Can someone pls tell me where our sundry charges of #5,000 is going after several dews like university development,facilities improvement,academic calendar stabilization(only God that stabilizes calendar doesn't collect a dime),student insurance policy,registration,departmental registration,prospectus,partnership with students project,SUG,library booklets,campus security,ICT(they ought to be paying us for even using their frustrating and annoying wi-fi they said it's free despite we paying for it),examinations,computer based test,GST fee,etc?...WE SHALL OVERCOME ONE DAY

MOD,MAY GOD BLESS U AS YOU MOVE THIS TO FP.........ALUTA CONTINUA
it's actually "dues" not "dew"

2 Likes

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by eugenela(m): 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
The students should not aggree with the VC's decision. I just wonder y schools these days always try to use students to make money, just take trip down to fed poly oko where we pay hell of money and still we don't see what we r compell to for, what kind generation is this?
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
All I can say for now is:

SOLlDARITY FOR EVER!!!

For my alma mater.

I miss UJ sha grin
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by ShakurM(m): 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennosklint:
agbo is nt gud 4 ur health
Oya swerve sir.
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by queebeediva(f): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
That vc should be removed haba! What is wrong with our leaders? First they have succeded in killing our public secondary and primary schools and even the tiarriary insititution is noting to write home about still they bent to make the poor masses who can not afford private uni or uni outside nigerian suffer by increasing their tutuion fee with no better infrastructure and the worst of all is the misrable strik they regularly emark with no positive result. Ha! What a country tha corruption has eaten so deep into the system! I so support the....
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by kennosklint(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
ShakurM:
Oya swerve sir.
baba no p all 4 fun...u fwesh bro
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by major466(m): 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
As an Alumni of Uni-Jos, I believe the fees increment is out of place and very unacceptable. The VC should stop acting like a One Man Gang and work as a team. I heard he call Student Union officials rascals. Very unfortunate.
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Reference(m): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Mister. This is simply ridiculous. How can you be paying only N 16,000 for a college degree. Are you not concerned that you are toying with your future and exposing your prospects to quackery. Please we should begin to relate cost to quality to reality in this country. I will be concerned if a primary school fee is N 16,000 thoughtless of a degree awarding institution.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by AZeD1(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Seriously 60k for a degree and people are complaining?

I don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
noskyboy:
The students of the University of Jos are currently on a serious protest over the tyrannical way the VC is running the school.

Since the beginning of the current VC's tenure lectures and exams have been done using the fire brigade approach and school fees have been on an ungodly increase, from #16,000 plus hostel accomodation, to over #40,000 last session.

As if that is not bad enough, the VC has proposed another increase which may bring the fees up to #60,000 for returning students, talk less of the amount new students pay. And this has been declared unacceptable by the students, therefore the aim of the protest is to force the VC to reverse the fees not just to 40k but to 20k, and this would be achieved by refusal to write exams, which is to start today 24th Nov 2014.

I urge everyone to support this noble request and movement against corruption in our Universities. ALUTA CONTINUA!!!

N60,000 per month ? How can Education even be functional if student protest because of annual payment of 60,000 naira. University Education in the UK is average of 10,000 pounds annually for school fees and about 9,000 pounds for accommodation per year. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Srallens(m): 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sylvarresta:
What is Unijos, cos I schooled in Ogbomosho
. Are U An Ass-Anal guy?
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by franksunny(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
Mafuya is dangerous bitter meat, uj trade wisely. I had an encounter with that man in 2005 it was not easy. He don't listen to your side
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Tizbam(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
The Senate President of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) is from UNIJOs............He should prevail on the matter..........
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
Billyonaire:

N60,000 per month ? How can Education even be functional if student protest because of annual payment of 60,000 naira. University Education in the UK is average of 10,000 pounds annually for school fees and about 9,000 pounds for accommodation per year. Na wa o.
Sir, we a are talking of a University where tuition is supposed to be free!
Every federal university in Nigeria is purportedly tuition-free, but what we see are cases where university managers monetize all the problems in their households and expect students to pay for them.
And you think it is out of place for students to protest?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by sage2(m): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
noskyboy:

In my opinion, ₦60,000.00/Session for a University education is only possible through massive subsidy. So just pay the money, write your exams and graduate from school. That is all that should matter to you. Free education and good education are mutually exclusive at the university level.
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by nobsflows(m): 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
bright007:
Where is unijos? is it the name of a river near Sambisa forest, a traditional palace in Otueke or a snack similar in appearance to cassava bread?

pls someone should answer cos i am still serving my oga at Ariaria market

Its in kiri kiri prison
Re: Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees by GboyegaD(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
What is the increase in tuition used for? What improvements do we have to show for the increase in our classrooms, laboratories, and student welfare at large?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Teargas, Shoot & Chase LAUTECH Students Protesting 7 Months Strike / Majority Of University Of Ibadan Lecturers Voted For Indefinite Strike - UI VC / NDDC Abandons 2016 Scholars Abroad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.