Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. (1379 Views)

Omotola In The Studio With Bobby Valentino! / Need A Good Recording Studio / I Need A Good Recording Studio For A R/b Hiphop Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by RapLawd(m): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
as y'all can see, I'm die hard rapper...ve been to some low level studios that got me wondering if one can just close eye and build his personal studio that worth the above mentioned amount...am not gonna do it to just milk money from the pocket of niggahz who were once like me(people who go to any road side studio to pay some token and be rewarded with disgusting production and go-and-die mixing)...no, I just wanna do it for my personal use.

so can someone gimme the details of items to buy with the cost price please, but exclude the money for
accommodation cus I already got apartment suitable that...

thanks in advance!.
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by overboard(m): 12:11am On Nov 25, 2014
OK. Let's see...

* These days, nothing less than a PC board with at least Core i3 processor (all-in-sound) + board + other periphrals (HDD... @least 4GB (DDR3) RAM...) - about N160, 000 (could be less o)

*Sound/card, say, M AudioPhile blah, blah - N40, 000

*Mic, say, Rode NT series - N65, 000 (thereabout)

*MIDI keyboard (controller) - say N25, 000

*Headphones - N10, 000 (1 or 2 depending on brand...)

*Studio Acoustics - average level, no less than N100 - N150k

*Monitors - N150, 000 (i.e. Yamaha HS80)............................

You should get the drift with the above

PS

The studio is as good as who uses it.
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by RapLawd(m): 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
overboard:
OK. Let's see...

* These days, nothing less than a PC board with at least Core i3 processor (all-in-sound) + board + other periphrals (HDD... @least 4GB (DDR3) RAM...) - about N160, 000 (could be less o)

*Sound/card, say, M AudioPhile blah, blah - N40, 000

*Mic, say, Rode NT series - N65, 000 (thereabout)

*MIDI keyboard (controller) - say N25, 000

*Headphones - N10, 000 (1 or 2 depending on brand...)

*Studio Acoustics - average level, no less than N100 - N150k

*Monitors - N150, 000 (i.e. Yamaha HS80)............................

You should get the drift with the above

PS

The studio is as good as who uses it.

thanks bro, where do you stay?
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by overboard(m): 3:53am On Nov 26, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria, Africa, Earth.
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by ChynoBEATS: 4:42am On Jun 12, 2015
RapLawd:

so can someone gimme the details of items to buy with the cost price please, but exclude the money for
accommodation cus I already got apartment suitable that...
thanks in advance!.

7OOk is more than Enough ..........

After purchasing the basic 5, a control mixer is higly advisable .......something like an M-audio project mixer, Digi OO2..... Presonus Control or Even the new behringer x-touch compact control mixer

M-audio soundcard aint worth it bro.......
For such studio you'll need an Mbox3 pro"comes with proTools"
Or a steinberg FireWire interface "comes with Cubase7"

M-audio stuffs A wack...cos they Re-produce new versions of soundcard without providing End-life Drivers for their old products

Headphones might cost you a little less than 3Ok for 2
A core i3 with 1tb HDsk will do

A sputnik M-audio mic

A Grand piano ,studio Midi n a synthesizer is something you'll need

You might call it a personal home studio but 4get it'll serve as both private n public purpose

You'll need Hs8 yamaha

2speaker stands

2x 25inch monitor

A standard table built to carry all the necessities
A some set of Original softwares(DAW, vst's n Vsti's)
Such budget aint for Home studio Guy .....lets be truthful
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by RapLawd(m): 9:04am On Jun 12, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

After purchasing the basic 5, a control mixer is higly advisable .......something like an M-audio project mixer, Digi OO2..... Presonus Control or Even the new behringer x-touch compact control mixer

M-audio stuffs A wack...cos they Re-produce new versions of soundcard without providing End-life Drivers for their old products

A sputnik M-audio mic

You might call it a personal home studio but 4get it'll serve as both private n public purpose

You'll need Hs8 yamaha

2speaker stands

2x 25inch monitor

Thanks for the break down, I'll tag you later for us to discuss it, but currently I need your help please in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2358230/mr-nairaland-contest-2015-campaign/124#34686169
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by ChynoBEATS: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
RapLawd:

Thanks for the break down, I'll tag you later for us to discuss it, but currently I need your help please in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2358230/mr-nairaland-contest-2015-campaign/124#34686169

How do i vote ......is it by like's or what?
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by RapLawd(m): 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

How do i vote ......is it by like's or what?

don't worry, I'll tell you when it's time,... thanks for your understanding
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by ChynoBEATS: 5:59am On Jun 13, 2015
RapLawd:

don't worry, I'll tell you when it's time,... thanks for your understanding

Okay bruv
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2015
700k is jst enough or never enough? yes, what do u want? is it jst production n recording studio- or u are sending ur session data out for mixing and mastering. i always tell ppl any producer can do better mixing, and any audio engineer can produce better mixdown. if only u wanna be a beatmaker only d setup budget is limited to it only. why am i saying dz when i know u want a sound that can compete with d trending songs out dia. jst two tinx bro, get a huge Ram LIKE UP TO 12GB OR ABV. & A NICE HIGH-END AD TO DA CONVERTER. other like entry level or used mic pre amp, bunch of plugins-like wave 7 or earlier, sonnox, fab filter, sound toys, sonalkis etc and a good quality summing mixer for more headroom n punchy mix. gudlock with some keyz of success, bro.

1 Like

Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by Bigdiddo(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
ChynoBEATS:

A sputnik M-audio mic

You'll need Hs8 yamaha

2speaker stands

2x 25inch monitor

U sabi work guy!
Re: Can One Build A Good Recording Studio With The Sum N700K?. by ChynoBEATS: 3:46am On Mar 21, 2019
Bigdiddo:

U sabi work guy!
lol... I no even remember say I type such sef...

(1) (Reply)

Double-Six MUZIK PRODUCTIONS (Beats,Recordings,Mixing,Videos & Promotions) / Akwa Ibom Band / Start 2014 With This Motivational Song By Cobhams Asuquo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.