Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! (1922 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Some Nigerians Are Not Happy GMB Ate At The Inauguration Dinner / Nairaland Does Not Support Any Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
I remembered commenting on almost every topic on Nairaland some times back. Though the topics were no t that interesting, I still have to say something like the young newbies on nairaland do this days. That was the level of happiness I derived being on nairaland.
Nowadays, Interest has changed. I long for those topics that could make me want to say something even though I do no Know much about it subject matter. Those topics that get you in a thinking and reasoning mood. Those topics that educate and remind you of what you know. Those topics that gives you hope for tomorrow.
Unfortunately, those topics are buried beyond Six feet. The deeper you dig for them, the more discouraged you become.
I understand the cause. It is politics and atheism. Every Nigerian is a politician. They may not contest for a seat, but they are sure going to fight for those with the ambition. The knowledge available at this point in time is the greatness and flaws of these politicians by supporters and opponents as the case may be. It is a season of political facts and figures and that results to various biased and unbiased analysis by enthusiast.
Atheism. Its people view and opinion though. But the attack and counter attack of assumed atheist has made the religion section unattractive. They are full of proves without faith, yet they will tell you if you believe. The more they try to use the mental strength and fail, the more angry they get at those who declare their faith.
What other section do I patronise? Jobs and and vacancy section. I will not forget. It used to be informative. Well, it was people like me that made it interesting. I don't have to blame anybody for the poor information on the section.

I am loosing interest on Nairaland.

This is a call for grown ups to start doing something to interest me and the likes of me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Abiolainfo: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
undecided Tell me more
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
grin WHO CARES.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
Abiolainfo:
undecided Tell me more
You mean you are through reading that story? You can help me with more on other section you visit often.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
Op yu are not Alone

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
oops
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Abiolainfo: 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
victorels:

You mean you are through reading that story? You can help me with more on other section you visit often. I love you

I'm not leaving now tongue
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
This is true. You click on the 'New' button and most of what you see there are adverts! angry
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by adebisiema(m): 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
I----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_) WAS
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - HERE
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Harmthe(m): 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
if Nairaland does not interest u again dat means ...

to be continue
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Abiolainfo: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
I remember the last time I wrote something like this, I was banned and the post was removed for no reason. tongue hungry muds tongue
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
oja oyingbo... undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by IdomaLikita: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Since the Tsunami, Nairaland has never been the same!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by IdomaLikita: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
Since the Tsunami, Nairaland has never been the same!
The Moderators have to clamp down hard the following:
1. Space Bookers
2. I school in France bla bla bla
3.Repeated Threads

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
Abiolainfo:

I'm not leaving now tongue
Ofcourse. I understand you need help. But I am not in a position to help you. Please look for another. Thank you for your understanding.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Abiolainfo: 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
victorels:

Ofcourse. I need help. But I am not sure maybe you're in a position to help me. Please i need ur help. Thank you for your understanding.

Okay , how can i help you tongue
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
victorels:
I remembered commenting on almost every topic on Nairaland some times back. Though the topics were no t that interesting, I still have to say something like the young newbies on nairaland do this days. That was the level of happiness I derived being on nairaland.
Nowadays, Interest has changed. I long for those topics that could make me want to say something even though I do no Know much about it subject matter. Those topics that get you in a thinking and reasoning mood. Those topics that educate and remind you of what you know. Those topics that gives you hope for tomorrow.
Unfortunately, those topics are buried beyond Sox feet. The deeper you dig for them, the more discouraged you become.
I understand the cause. It is politics and atheism. Every Nigerian is a politician. They may not contest for a seat, but they are sure going to fight for those with the ambition. The knowledge available at this point in time is the greatness and flaws of these politicians by supporters and opponents as the case may be. It is a season of political facts and figures and that results to various biased and unbiased analysis by enthusiast.
Atheism. Its people view and opinion though. But the attack and counter attack of assumed atheist has made the religion section unattractive. They are full of proves without faith, yet they will tell you if you believe. The more they try to use the mental strength and fail, the more angry they get at those who declare their faith.
What other section do I patronise? Jobs and and vacancy section. I will not forget. It used to be informative. Well, it was people like me that made it interesting. I don't have to blame anybody for the poor information on the section.

This is a call for grown ups to start doing something to interest me and the likes of me.
this cannot happen if u were in Latvia

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Okay , how can i help you tongue

I really have to say Of course.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 25, 2014
shyna01:

this cannot happen if u were in Latvia

where is Latvia?
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by hardywaltz(m): 7:23am On Nov 25, 2014
victorels:
Unfortunately, those topics are buried beyond Six feet. The deeper you dig for them, the more discouraged you become.

I've also been on NL for close to 8years and ur conclusion is so on point.
There was a tym when NL was filled with very very intelligent people who make u comment on most topics and share good ideas now it is filled with mostly those in need of psychiatric evaluation and school dropouts.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2014
victorels:

where is Latvia?

seriously? well its in Europe
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2014
shyna01:

seriously? well its in Europe
Just like I was used to calling Volkswagen bustogin, I use to hear them call lativia. I have taken note of it.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 25, 2014
adebisiema:
I----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_) WAS
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - HERE

Try to come with motor next time if you can not afford a car. Trekking is becoming too much for you.

Nice work though.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by drkay003: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2014

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by adebisiema(m): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2014
victorels:

Try to come with motor next time if you can not afford a car. Trekking is becoming too much for you.

Nice work though.

are you stalking me?
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by lazinc(m): 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
OP you are not alone. I remember back then I do look up to nairaland for good ideas and great concepts on the next hot topic to discuss with family, friends and colleagues. Then discussions here were educative, engaging and fun but now I'm afraid not.
That said, some few threads still stand out like the NSEMPA in the investment section (My favourite of all time).

@Seun, I would like you to take a clue from Reddit where registered members can submit contents, such as text posts or direct links. Only registered users can then vote submissions "up" or "down" to organize the posts and determine their position on the site's pages.

In the case of nairaland, there should be "like" and "dislike" votes to make a post to be balanced instead of "share" thing that was created.
Also, to bring credibility back to nairaland, a submission score should be created. A submission's score should simply be the number of likes minus the number of dislike. For example, say if five users like post and three users don't it, the submission will have a score of 2. This will bring balance and credibility to a post and as such a post with high score will then make the front page.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by kokoA(m): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
It's to long. I didn't read it.
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by lazinc(m): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2014
kokoA:
It's to long. I didn't read it.

TL;DR

Lol
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Seun(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
I know that our performance lately has been below par and I am working full time on getting the right people to help me to improve things.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Seun:
I know that our performance lately has been below par and I am working full time on getting the right people to help me to improve things.
seun don't try to impresss some people some people are born sadist,,so go and enjoy ur life!
Re: Nairaland Does Not Interest Me Anymore! So Not Happy! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
hmm

(1) (2)

Opinion:Will Christians Vote For Buhari Because Of RCCG Pastor Osinbajo? / Ebola-monkey Jonathan Fnally Raises PHCN Tariff S / Enugu Anglican Archbishop Calls For Fr.mbaka To Be Sanctioned By Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.