Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. (49952 Views)

Angry Woman Places ‘smelling Vagina’ Curse On Lady Who Slept With Her Husband / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / Why Are Nigerian Men Generally So Damn Sexist?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by KanwuliaJara: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by KanwuliaJara: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, I think we live in democratic consciousness, based on majority rule, no? If so, shouldn't the stereotype be based on the overwhelming majority? Real active gangsters are in the smallest minority. Then you've got those who're affiliated, and the hustlers who just want to make something out of nothing. While the overwhelming majority are just thoroughbreds and a product of whatever environment they're from.

And once you start look at the stats everywhere, those who always end up dead or in jail, are in the negligible minority, compared to overall population. But they still tag black men with that malicious and asinine stereotype. Hence folks always have a chip on their shoulder against the wider community dominated by white people, just to prove them wrong. Also, the stereotype is what creates the beast cos some folks just take it as a stigma that can't be washed away, thus making them feel they have nothing to prove.

The society will forever be flawed - but black folks need to look inwards and play their part. However, we've got too many selfish and confused folks who always want to be what they're not, while begging for acceptance where they'll never be accepted. The day we start understanding who we're as a people, and start making sacrifices/compromises to help our immediate families and communities - we'll start solving a lot of our unique problems.

So sad. That's the image of the black man. grin Anywho, life isn't perfect...we just have to live with it, and accept it as part of our reality.

With what I've seen on CIF and BBC, I think that's all they can do. The Police in America are heavily militarised, and trigger happy. Violence would leave a lot of folks 6-feet under. And black people in diaspora everywhere always end up burning down and destroying their own communities, whenever they get angry. grin Just check the history of protests in America. Ditto the UK as well.

The head shot, after the boy had been shot five times already was fatal. That was pure assassination. cool

My uncle has just given me an enlightenment lecture grin
To sum his lecture up, issues involving blacks and law enforcers, I must always be pro-black cry

But we seriously need to set our priorities right
Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 06, 2014
Justfollowit:

My uncle has just given me an enlightenment lecture grin
To sum his lecture up, issues involving blacks and law enforcers, I must always be pro-black cry

But we seriously need to set our priorities right

Darn! Who's this Uncle? Now, I feel old. It's somewhat reminiscent of how my little nephew calls me Uncle every time I see him - cute little boy. I need to start making babies. tongue

Anyway, I'm not saying you must always be pro-black with all issues between the black community and law enforcement agencies...that would amount to herd-mentality, without facts. However, when the facts are there, and it is an issue that affects us as a community, you have to rally around your people cos we're all we've got. This particular case might not affect you directly, but you don't when you're going to be the victim. So, it's always better to support a just cause, especially if it's a struggle that's all inclusive for people of colour.

Let me use a line from an incident that happened two days ago to buttress my point. On my way back from work on Thursday, I decided to hit ASDA for groceries. Got my stuffs, and was on the queue for self-checkout. This old white man (probably in his 60s) was standing next to me. Since he's older, I just told him to go before me. And you know how chatty old white folks are...the familiarity started and he asked me about my job and career field. I told him. Then he must have look at my phone. Subsequently, he just started this whole chat about how Americans are bastards - and how they stole every British technology and Americanised it. Also, how they steal the best British brains, take them to the Silicon Valley, and use them to build technologies they can Americanise. He alluded to how radio, and the platform for today's phones and video games were invented in Essex - and also how both the internet and computer were British inventions. Thereafter, he told me never to fall for their tricks, and if I ever get a job at the Silicon Valley - I should always endeavour to keep whatever invention I've British, and hide it from them.

He went to pay for his stuffs, and I went to a next checkout, to pay for mine. Paid, and I went towards him, to say goodbye, due to the familiarity. Got to his side, and his bank card must have been declined. And basically because it was £6, I offered to pay for him. You know what he told me? - he said, "never offer/give money to those richer than you, cos you're denying yourself something that would be more useful to your well being." He then whispered to me that he's a millionaire - and that the problem is with the card reader. True - cos when the folks from the customer service came there, they alluded to the same. He shook my hands, smiled at me, and we parted ways.

Basically, I decided to tell you the whole story, just to give you an insight into our encounter/chat started. However, I want you to take note of what he said to me in the second paragraph - the keynote. For reference: he said, "never offer/give money to those richer than you, cos you're denying yourself something that would be more useful to your well being." Now, substitute "money" with "support. Me, with black people/community in diaspora cos we're vulnerable socially, economically, and the system doesn't favour us that much cos it wasn't created for us. And the man, with the superior white people, cos they're superior in the western system, and everything favours them - unless we want to live in denial. So, whenever there's a just cause for us as a people, to rally around one another - you just have to support ya own people - and stop being politically correct based on the mainstream/system that caters to the superior folks. We're all we've got.

That said, we as a people also need to get our priorities right.

3 Likes

Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by GuyFawkes: 9:37am On Dec 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Darn! Who's this Uncle? Now, I feel old. It's somewhat reminiscent of how my little nephew calls me Uncle every time I see him - cute little boy. I need to start making babies. tongue

Anyway, I'm not saying you must always be pro-black with all issues between the black community and law enforcement agencies...that would amount to herd-mentality, without facts. However, when the facts are there, and it is an issue that affects us as a community, you have to rally around your people cos we're all we've got. This particular case might not affect you directly, but you don't when you're going to be the victim. So, it's always better to support a just cause, especially if it's a struggle that's all inclusive for people of colour.

Let me use a line from an incident that happened two days ago to buttress my point. On my way back from work on Thursday, I decided to hit ASDA for groceries. Got my stuffs, and was on the queue for self-checkout. This old white man (probably in his 60s) was standing next to me. Since he's older, I just told him to go before me. And you know how chatty old white folks are...the familiarity started and he asked me about my job and career field. I told him. Then he must have look at my phone. Subsequently, he just started this whole chat about how Americans are bastards - and how they stole every British technology and Americanised it. Also, how they steal the best British brains, take them to the Silicon Valley, and use them to build technologies they can Americanise. He alluded to how radio, and the platform for today's phones and video games were invented in Essex - and also how both the internet and computer were British inventions. Thereafter, he told me never to fall for their tricks, and if I ever get a job at the Silicon Valley - I should always endeavour to keep whatever invention I've British, and hide it from them.

He went to pay for his stuffs, and I went to a next checkout, to pay for mine. Paid, and I went towards him, to say goodbye, due to the familiarity. Got to his side, and his bank card must have been declined. And basically because it was £6, I offered to pay for him. You know what he told me? - he said, "never offer/give money to those richer than you, cos you're denying yourself something that would be more useful to your well being." He then whispered to me that he's a millionaire - and that the problem is with the card reader. True - cos when the folks from the customer service came there, they alluded to the same. He shook my hands, smiled at me, and we parted ways.

Basically, I decided to tell you the whole story, just to give you an insight into our encounter/chat started. However, I want you to take note of what he said to me in the second paragraph - the keynote. For reference: he said, "never offer/give money to those richer than you, cos you're denying yourself something that would be more useful to your well being." Now, substitute "money" with "support. Me, with black people/community in diaspora cos we're vulnerable socially, economically, and the system doesn't favour us that much cos it wasn't created for us. And the man, with the superior white people, cos they're superior in the western system, and everything favours them - unless we want to live in denial. So, whenever there's a just cause for us as a people, to rally around one another - you just have to support ya own people - and stop being politically correct based on the mainstream/system that caters to the superior folks. We're all we've got.

Words on Marble
Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
SirShymex:

Thanks smiley
Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 08, 2014

Nah, they don't come for his a*Ss enough. The only time they came hard at him was when he talked sh1t about Jill Scott.

His YouTube page should hv been pulled down, the guy is a special kind of stup1d.

And carefreewannabe is right, the guy is suffering from serious self-hate.
What did he say about Jill Scott?
I follow the dude on Twitter. cheesy
Re: The Angry Black Woman: Racist, Sexist Or Truth. by ebukaking1: 3:54am On Oct 01, 2015
babygirlfl:
Sometimes people refer to the black woman as the angry black woman. What do you think about this label on the black woman. Is it another racist word, a sexists word or just the truth. It would be nice if we justified our answer. Please no insults.

Pls I need to get your contact, I've been trying to reach you. It's important. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen / Twin Sisters Who Died In Ghana Buried Same Day - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.