Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue (1746 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / 2014 Range Rover Sport Unveiled With Lighter Look / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by iamboody(m): 1:39am On Nov 25, 2014
A Chinese car company called LandWind unveiled a new car that looked almost exactly like the Range Rover E-vogue. The car cost $22,000 which is far less than the Evogue which
is about $70,000. This development made a UK giant car company Jaguar Land Rover to be furious after the car was launched in a show in China last week.
Jaguar Land Rover say they may take legal action
against the company. Jaguar Land Rover chief
executive Dr Ralf Speth told Autocar magazine:

‘The fact that this kind of copying is ongoing in
China is very disappointing. The intellectual
property (IP) is owned by Jaguar Land Rover
and if you break that IP then you are in breach'.

The car in red colour is the UK version while the lemon green colour is the chinese version.

Ama rock Range Vogue next year!

Re: Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by iamboody(m): 1:44am On Nov 25, 2014
Chinko or no chinko I will buy this car and kit it with Range Vogue kit...If I like I spend my money anyway I like it ooo, ko de kan aiye'
Re: Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by oseo1(m): 3:28am On Nov 25, 2014
It's an EVOQUE the vogue its a totally different Range Rover. Much bigger and more expensive. The EVOQUE retails for 40-60k the vogue retails for 100k+.

If I remember right Tata just opened up a Range Rover/jaguar assembly plant in china, I wonder if that had anything to do with the knockoff. Oh and also LandWind is already in naija, they have a showroom on oshodi a papa expressway but I think they only have big vehicles for now.
Re: Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by lonelydora: 5:51am On Nov 25, 2014
This Chinko guys ehhhhhh.
Re: Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by AutosBay(m): 5:53am On Nov 25, 2014
Goes to show you how much we are being done out of our money! I think any competition on the market is brilliant! I'd consider buying one certainly!

1 Like

Re: Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by clemz85(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2014
when! they better do what blackblerry did with android.

if opinion be counted I will vote for that China version
Re: Chinese Company Unveiled An Exact Copy Of Range Rover Envogue by chucky234(m): 11:46am On Nov 25, 2014
The Chinko version to me is prettier, the fact that it retails for just $22,000 makes it more interesting.
Hmmm Chinese cloning items since 1600.

(1) (Reply)

My 2 Months Old 1999 Passat Is Giving Me High Blood Pressure / PLS HELP!!!! My 2012 BMW 5 Series Has Steerimg Problem / Clean Range Rover 2004 Model Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.