Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? (8902 Views)

How To Root Tecno P5 Without Computer / Tecno P5 - An Upgrade Of Tecno P3 / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2014
Hello y'all. First and foremost-I'll never buy any TECNO products again cos I think the hardware are substandard. Below are the list of by TECNO P5 problems- Within the first two month of using it,the 8gb sd card stopped working but that one na small wahala cos I quickly got anoda sdcard for #1500
1.Since I bought it on October 15,2013 for #16000 at computer village, I have repaired the charging port 5 times spending #5300.I repaired the charging port last week at Iwo road in Ibadan last week for a total of #1300 cos I was told something on the panel has to be changed making a total spending of #5,300 on charging port repairs. I have repaired it in four different locations namely- Com village,lagos. Twice at Oke Ilewo,Abeokuta, and twice at Iwo road in Ibadan.
2. The camera suddenly stopped working around April- I have tried all suggestions on the internet but none worked cos it was hardware problem. I was told that will cost me 1,400!!! How much I buy d fone sef.
3. The network coverage immediately started flunctuating last week, repaired that for #500.
4. It started getting very hot last week and powers off randomly.
5. It stopped charging while switched off the moment the hotness started. SO- I have to use desktop to charge it b4 i I can switch it on
6. When I switch it on and charge it- It doesn't add more than 5% to the charge the battery had due to the desktop
7. It doesn't reboot again.
I have two friends who used the phone for like 6 months b4 selling it off- They never complained about the hardware b4 selling it. I am not careless with it cos I treasure it like GOLD. Is it that I am unlucky to be given the one that wasn't assembled well at the plant. OR is there anyone experiencing what I am experiencing? Pls, @ nlanders, If I take it to carlcare- will I be given a new one if I add money to this old one I use OR will it be repaired for free? COS I've lost the receipt given to me when I bought it and the warranty just expired last month. Now whose fault- ME? TECNO? OR the ENGINEERS? PLS kindly drop ur comments.No Abuse.
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Codedboy95(m): 9:12am On Nov 25, 2014
baba do you know why tecno releases phone like every other day ?.. it's because they never expect any one to use there product for long.. baba your phone don try get another one..
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Lagusta(m): 9:13am On Nov 25, 2014
i'm sorry bro, but you were unlucky to buy a defective phone...

Tecno really needs to step up in quality control, they are beginning to lose customers.....
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2014
Yepa.won ti gba e
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Hawlahscho(m): 10:22am On Nov 25, 2014
You were unlucky to be given d bad one. I'm using d phone and no complaints except that of small ram which I had known.
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Tegatons: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2014
Am using tp5 to but no prob, just lagging and I strongly believe is the lil ram
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Osyxcel(m): 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
OP, guess you bought a defective phone and the technicians compounded the problem. That's what I think.
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by darejeg2002(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
im a merciless user of my faithfull tecno p5...worst problem ever was system not loading...after a year of merciless use, otherwise...phone works fine + carl care should be your first choice of repair...i did carl care and got a new panel...to restructure...a new phone under my old casing :-)
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
darejeg2002:
im a merciless user of my faithfull tecno p5...worst problem ever was system not loading...after a year of merciless use, otherwise...phone works fine + carl care should be your first choice of repair...i did carl care and got a new panel...to restructure...a new phone under my old casing :-)
was it for free or hoym much did u pay for carlcare? Wil they ask for receipt. Pls which carlcare did u use?
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 26, 2014
U were just unlucky,am using p5 nd have just little problem,that is the webcam not functioning,apart from that the phone is great,i play high HD games without lagging but recently my gta San andreas crashes after loading,can any 1 help out on how to solve this?
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 26, 2014
denkyw:
U were just unlucky,am using p5 nd have just little problem,that is the webcam not functioning,apart from that the phone is great,i play high HD games without lagging but recently my gta San andreas crashes after loading,can any 1 help out on how to solve this?
.It is because the 512mb ram it has is too low to run the game.u can try to root it with framaroot by clicking boromir. Google framaroot then download it.Install it.Then Go to phone settings-developer options-enable USB Debugging. Launch framaroot,make sure it is on install supersu.then click boromir. Restart ur fone and make sure u see a new app called supersu,then ur fone has been successfully rooted. Alway grant it access.Then u can google roehsoft ram manager on how to expand ur ram and carefully follow the steps to expand ur ram
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
Olamide1997:
.It is because the 512mb ram it has is too low to run the game.u can try to root it with framaroot by clicking boromir. Google framaroot then download it.Install it.Then Go to phone settings-developer options-enable USB Debugging. Launch framaroot,make sure it is on install supersu.then click boromir. Restart ur fone and make sure u see a new app called supersu,then ur fone has been successfully rooted. Alway grant it access.Then u can google roehsoft ram manager on how to expand ur ram and carefully follow the steps to expand ur ram
thanks for your candid reply,already rooted my phone with framaroot,will try out the roehsoft ram manager,but currently out of available space on my sd card how much space do u think i will need on my sd card to perform this,cause i heard it uses part of the sd card
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Trendytessy(f): 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
My Tecno p5 of just 3months crashed last month and I was unable to repair it. I'm planning on taking it to the shop where it was bought

I will never use any tecno product again
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
denkyw:
thanks for your candid reply,already rooted my phone with framaroot,will try out the roehsoft ram manager,but currently out of available space on my sd card how much space do u think i will need on my sd card to perform this,cause i heard it uses part of the sd card
u will need at least 4gb sdcard. But u must have at least 2gb free to create 512mb ram
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
Trendytessy:
My Tecno p5 of just 3months crashed last month and I was unable to repair it. I'm planning on taking it to the shop where it was bought

I will never use any tecno product again
God go bless u. TECNO na useless brand. U can help me ask them if it can be repaired for free or topped up with some money for a new one at carlcare
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Olamide1997:
u will need at least 4gb sdcard. But u must have at least 2gb free to create 512mb ram
yep, I have expanded the ram with additional 512mb,but the stupid game won't play, I done vex delete am, thanks 4 introducing the ram expander to me any way, m enjoying other games with high speed.
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 29, 2014
denkyw:
yep, I have expanded the ram with additional 512mb,but the stupid game won't play, I done vex delete am, thanks 4 introducing the ram expander to me any way, m enjoying other games with high speed.
how many gig sd card did u use
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 29, 2014
Olamide1997:
how many gig sd card did u use
8gb SD card
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
denkyw:
8gb SD card
how many gb was free
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Olamide1997:
how many gb was free
3gb
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by sheylarhh(m): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
denkyw:
wot did u use to expand d ram?
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 06, 2014
sheylarhh:

wot did u use to expand d ram?
roehsoft ram expander
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by remembraneumoh: 7:23am On Mar 15, 2015
well it happened to me am presently using a gfive after I dropped my p5 I bought it 15k but spend more than 18k repairing it
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Rollex0101: 6:54am On Oct 11, 2015
my tecno p5 is charging up and down,it also drain battery so fast and i av try changing the charging port,battery and the charger but the problem persist. Anybody who had encounter this same problem should tell me how he solved the problem, your comment wil be welcomed
Re: My TECNO P5 Problems-what Can I Do? by Rollex0101: 6:59am On Oct 11, 2015
can the ram expander work without rooting

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Secure Your Social Media Account From Hackers / How Do I Configure My China Phone (fake Iphone) For Internet Use? / Twitter, Facebook, Google Not Liable For Postings that endorse terrorist attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.