Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? (30798 Views)

Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage / Our Teens, Their Dressing, A Moral Decadence, Who Do We Blame? / Do Women Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 25, 2014
I guess we all know/have our standard definition of decency, having established that fact:
____ As women, should we change the way we dress once we get married?

For some women, fashion is about self -expression and as such, they shouldn’t lose dominion over their own personal style because of their walk to the altar. Changing the way they dress is seen as changing who they are. Furthermore, a husband should respect the wife’s decision to dress how she wants. That’s what he was attracted to in the first place, right?

Sometimes I see people say, a single girl is dressed like a married woman/mother of two...bla...bla...bla OR they say a married woman doesn't 'look married' (this could be a compliment/insult- depending on the situation/context it's being used)

I wanna know, is there a certain way a married woman/mother is expected to dress, (given that we all know what is decency)?

Should women change to a more demure style of dressing once they’ve said their vows?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by TheRealAdonye(m): 11:33am On Nov 25, 2014
I'm coming.. Let me ask Tiwa Savage..

**Modified

FTC again.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2014
TheRealAdonye:

hahahahahahahahhahaha
This got me laughing hard. Leave Tiwa alone abeg

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by HFOG(f): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2014
After marriage a woman's glory is for her husband so she should try to please him in many areas including dressing. Many men wouldn't want their wives scantily dressed. Married women ought to dress naturedly and decently to bring honour to their husbands. As we mature many things about us should change positively including dressing.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by emeraldoe(f): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2014
Decency is the key word, being single or married doesn't matter. I believe if u've bin dressing decently wen u were single, u wudnt need to change ur mode of dressing wen u get married

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by dacoolvik: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2014
I think its more of a cultural thing. In some cultures, singles or unmarried mothers cannot tie two wrappers. They think its for married women. As for me though unmarried, I wear what I feel comfortable in and even after marriage, I don't think I will change. My mum usually teases me and says that if I had my way, I would wear jeans for my traditional marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by lalasticlala(m): 11:49am On Nov 25, 2014
A woman should dress decently /responsibly, married or not.

But let's assume that a single babe used to dress kinda provocatively or showed much skin to hook up a guy, after marriage, she should dress more responsibly as the married woman she is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2014
Modesty should be the most important thing. As a married woman,flaunting skin is a NO-NO or wearing extra tight clothes. She should be decent in her appearance and dress her age. Not dressing like a 16year old or a 50+

Remember,the way one dresses is the way he would be addressed.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by braine(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2014
Jennimma:
Modesty should be the most important thing. As a married woman,flaunting skin is a NO-NO or wearing extra tight clothes. She should be decent in her appearance and dress her age. Not dressing like a 16year old or a 50+

Remember,the way one dresses is the way he would be addressed.

And what if I want her to flaunt the skin to make her look sexy for me like she did when we were dating nko?

25 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2014
I feel if your dressing is good enough to get you married to your husband, it should be enough to keep you in your marriage.

The issue of changing dressing has ruined many marriages.

Some women think "married women should tie Wrapper, wear only skirt and blouse and never wear fitted clothes".

Other women believe you should be fashionable in marriage even more than you were as a single woman.

The bible did say we should do things in Moderation, even our dressing.

I have male friends who have confessed that they could cheat once their wives stop being attractive, ie being stylish and fashionable.

If your fashion as a single is decent and moderate, why will you want to change that, to tie wrappers?

Your fashion and style does not have to change if it is decent, except for a woman who dressed seductively and wants to change due to marriage.

Marriage doesn't change a H.oe though, there is no point making a H.o.e a house wife.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
braine:

And what if I want her to flaunt the skin to make her look sexy for me like she did when we were dating nko?
your wife is your property and not the public. Her body is for your eyes only and not for other men to feast on it. She can dress sexy,even bare it all for you indoors. But outside,she should portray decency. Let her buy clothes that accentuate her shape and all.

If she dressed sexy before you married her,she must stop it now she is married. She is now a role model to her children esp. daughters. Some kids be like "mum wears short gowns,why won't I?"
More reason why there are rape cases. Catch my drift?

30 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by sammoe(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
kennygee:
I feel if your dressing is good enough to get you married to your husband, it should be enough to keep you in your marriage.

The issue of changing dressing has ruined many marriages.

Some women think "married women should tie Wrapper, wear only skirt and blouse and never wear fitted clothes".

Other women believe you should be fashionable in marriage even more than you were as a single woman.

The bible did say we should do things in Moderation, even our dressing.

I have male friends who have confessed that they could cheat once their wives stop being attractive, ie being stylish and fashionable.

If your fashion as a single is decent and moderate, why will you want to change that, to tie wrappers?

Your fashion and style does not have to change if it is decent, except for a woman who dressed seductively and wants to change due to marriage.

Marriage doesn't change a H.oe though, there is no point making a H.o.e a house wife.

your head is there jare. Why should a wife change her dressing upon marriage. If it's good enough for her as a spinster,then she should by all means go on with it. I understand stuff like the single/double wrapper ish.
If your wife showed cleavage before marriage, she should continue o...

#okthanks
#okbye

4 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by BruzMoney(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
I smell FP

*modified*
My nose ehn, I said it and it happened! Thank God I got a space

Abt the Topic, av got notin to say

Nairaland 4 LHPHY ;d

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by theM16: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Decency is the key word. U will be addressed the way you are dressed. Its important to always look good though married or unmarried. There is a big difference between looking good and dressing indecent

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
sammoe:

your head is there jare. Why should a wife change her dressing upon marriage. If it's good enough for her as a spinster,then she should by all means go on with it. I understand stuff like the single/double wrapper ish.
If your wife showed cleavage before marriage, she should continue o...

#okthanks
#okbye

Abi, na wetin make you marry her be that now.

wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by sammoe(m): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jennimma:

your wife is your property and not the public. Her body is for your eyes only and not for other men to feast on it. She can dress sexy,even bare it all for you indoors. But outside,she should portray decency. Let her buy clothes that accentuate her shape and all.

If she dressed sexy before you married her,she must stop it now she is married. She is now a role model to her children esp. daughters. Some kids be like "mum wears short gowns,why won't I?"
More reason why there are rape cases. Catch my drift?
if dressing 'sexy' is unacceptable after marriage, why is it acceptable before? To ensnare ignorant men?
P.S. One can still dress attractively without being 'sexy', 'scandalous' i.e showing unnecessary skin.
#okthanks
#okbye

8 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
kennygee:

Abi, na wetin make you marry her be that now.

wink

Wellsaid dear. @previous post.
We not talking about baring bust and butt now. I mean examples like what you sited.
__Tying two wrappers.
___Tying gele
__always on skirt....things like that.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

We not talking about baring bust and butt now. I mean examples like what you sited.
__Tying two wrappers.
___Tying gele

Any man who can marry a woman like that should be able to tolerate it in marriage.

Goodluck with him turning such a woman to a two wrapper tying woman.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by pickabeau1: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
booked
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by theM16: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
sammoe:

if dressing 'sexy' is unacceptable after marriage, why is it acceptable before? To ensnare ignorant men?
P.S. One can still dress attractively without being 'sexy', 'scandalous' i.e showing unnecessary skin.
#okthanks
#okbye

I think the use of 'attractive' in your statement is wrong. A married woman should look as perfect as possible no doubt, bt decently. What is she attracting!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by thorpido(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
kennygee:

You've got male kid friends(by their words).A woman should not stop being fashionable though.

The one I don't understand is why heavily pregnant women have to wear all this skimpy gowns when sitting properly because of the pregnancy will always be an issue.I see them when they come for antenatal and they can't just sit well.

3 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
sammoe:

#okthanks
#okbye
dressing sexy isn't acceptable before marriage either. A lady can still look attractive when she is dressed decently.

(For me,i find it difficult to respect ladies who dress "to kill"wink #justsaying

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
I want my wife to dress like Kim Kardashian and Tiwa Savage. Being married doesn't mean she should dress like a nun

*I have nothing against nuns*

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Rapsainot(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
It's nothing to ponder about.Ask your husband if your dressing pleases him, if you're not satisfied with his answer just dress as the holy spirit directs You....

But remember the way you dress is directly proportional to the way you'll be addressed...

TRANSLITERATION

لتچرلا ت ه م لشب ت ا تخبح خ
اىاات ا سقعه مول ال ت ع غى پ
ه تع خط عغ سلطط ت ا ب

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by lilmax(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
"Decently " that's all

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
thorpido:
You've got male kid friends(by their words).A woman should not stop being fashionable though.

The one I don't understand is why heavily pregnant women have to wear all this skimpy gowns when sitting properly because of the pregnancy will always be an issue.I see them when they come for antenatal and they can't just sit well.

Imagine a man who married a highly fashionable woman but now has to deal with a woman who wear maternity gowns everyday cause she is "married".

A woman should aspire to be a wife and a fashionista.

10 Likes

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

__Tying two wrappers.
___Tying gele
it aint by force. If you don't feel "you" tying wrappers and gele,don't do it. Moreover,ankara is now fashionable. One can make jumpsuits,trousers,shorts and gowns with it.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by sammoe(m): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
theM16:

I think the use of 'attractive' in your statement is wrong. A married woman should look as perfect as possible no doubt, bt decently. What is she attracting!!!
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by sammoe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
theM16:

Being 'attractive' doesn't always equate to 'attracting'. I used it in the same vein as 'good', 'pleasant', 'well-dressed'...
Most women want to look good.
My point is that you can look good without being 'sexy' or provocatively dressed.
#okthanks
#okbye
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jennimma:

it aint by force. If you don't feel "you" tying wrappers and gele,don't do it. Moreover,ankara is now fashionable. One can make jumpsuits,trousers,shorts and gowns with it.

I don't even sew jumpsuits wit my ankara. When I wanna wear native___ I wear it to the last...i.e complete package... So, I don't even have a problem with that.
My problem is some people feel that, that's when you actually look responsible/married.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by theM16: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
sammoe:

Being 'attractive' doesn't always equate to 'attracting'. I used it in the same vein as 'good', 'pleasant', 'well-dressed'...
Most women want to look good.
My point is that you can look good without being 'sexy' or provocatively dressed.
#okthanks
#okbye

I agree with u.
Re: Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
TheRealAdonye:
I'm coming, let me ask Kim K undecided grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago / Video Of Nigerian Woman Expressing Her Joy As She Becomes A Mrs / Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.