Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (43184 Views)

Phone Number 419ners Now Use to Defraud Nigerians / I Dressed Like A Woman To Defraud Men –alam, Suspected (pictured) / Photo: Beware!!! Scammers Using APC To Swindle Unsuspecting Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
My mum received a call this morning while lying on her sick bed, it was someone who claimed to be an FRSC official. He claimed that there was someone involved in a ghastly motor accident whom she (my mum) knew and that she should call back...i was already all set for work so i decided to call the number. When i did, the "FRSC" man asked where i was and i told him i was in Abuja. He then said that there was a ghastly motor accident which occurred along the Lokoja/Abuja road and a woman whom we supposedly know was involved.

He said he got my mum's number from the woman's phone and that though she is alive, she is in a very critical condition. According to him, the 3 people sitting down beside her died on the spot and the woman needed urgent medical attention. He further inquired if i knew any Red Cross number and i said no. I told him to simply use the woman's number to call me so that i would be able to ascertain her identity by tallying it with the contacts on my mum's phone or mine so we could know if she was a close relative but he responded by saying that there was no credit in the woman's phone and that he tried the "Call Me Back" method which did not work. He finally broke the camel's back by saying i should send MTN Recharge Card of about N400 to him so he could load the phone and call me back with it. I told him that i would send him just N100 but he insisted it must be N400 or at least N200. That was when it dawned on me. I was so upset cos my mum is a High BP and Diabetic patient which culminated to a stroke months back and was still recovering in my house only for them to spring this up on her. I managed to calm both her and my younger sister down by telling them it was a prank call from a scammer and related my reasons to them.

If you are reading this and got a similar call, please share your experience and for those who have not, be wary...IT IS A CHEAP SCAM!

146 Likes 41 Shares

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by erocorp01: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
A frnd of mine got such a call also. They called and said d same tin dey told u. But in my own case dat my frnd knew dat I was supposed to travel dat route so he called me first to ascertain if it was me cos I was d only one he knew wld ply dat route but I was in a bar drinking so he knew I was safe n flexing sef

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by derrick333(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hahahah jus same call ,I recivd ysdy,@1st I was scard , but leta I cald all my siblings n de were al fyn,oboy if u c d text filld wit courses way I send dis guy?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
To think i got the same call yesterday. shocked I send the guy N400 mtn and he refused to pick my call afterwards. Mods, do the needful. If na Tiwa Savage wears boxers na im we go see for front page.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
lawanson44:
To think i got the same call yesterday. shocked I send the guy N400 mtn and he refused to pick my call afterwards. Mods, do the needful. If na Tiwa Savage wears boxers na im we go see for front page.
grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by obainojazz(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
.the thunder that will fire dose scammers resemble buhari janja weed
criminals

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by SuperModerator: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Trying to dupe someone of just N400 credit?

Hard to believe

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Prince202020(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmm grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by SaiBuharii: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Heard of this months back. When GEJ has refused to create employment. How dem go sur ibe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by flipboss(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hnmmm
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by pabon(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Noted
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by satowind(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nigeria boys smart die but with accident dat is bad of dem.

But wait oh I tink de guy is preparing 4 austerity.

8 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by McLuhan(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Jobless people. Giving honest Nigerians a bad name. Instead of channelling their intellect to good causes, they are busy trying to defraud people. God will continue to disgrace them.

15 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by bunmioguns(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
naso one eediot tell me sey i don win 750000 for lacasera promo like say i play any game

embarassed embarassed

e come gimme one uselesss number say make i call the person

i just laugh

dem never see their mugun

mo sharp baje

grin grin

52 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by BruzMoney(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Its bin existing for a long time!! It just a cheap scam no other thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Babyboy1986(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by toxiflam: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Xmas parole
get-rich-quick syndrome
I must drive motor this December
Take ur pick, all are responsible for this

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Chai !! All dis scammers don dey wise up sha , bt if i was the one they called, i will just keep on talking to the id.iot scammer, let the id.iot scammer's credit finish grin

9 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Bagani: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Prince202020:
Only greedy people get scammed grin
Why u d liv ur life like dis

4 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
"Nigerians defrauding Nigerians" since 600A.D

3 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Wow
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by OLAplusONE(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
I'm yet and wl never experience such heinous crime from those hungry scammers. My simple advice is that people should think twice when receiving such calls or sms aand not rush to their criminal plea.
@ Op, may God heal and touch ur sick mom, there is power in the Blood of the Lamb!!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Kenneth205(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
Please Visit My Bloq...

www..net
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hungry man scam

1 Like

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by englishmart(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
mine is kinda similar though.
I got a message from a 4digit customised number.
And the message reads "congratulations 8182****55. You've won the sum of #650,000. They sent me a 4digit pin, and their phone number...

I called the number and I was asked to hang on, their manager is busy on the other call.

5minutes later, the manager received my call and ask me to deposit 50k, which will serve as clearance fee..

That was when I used my France brain.
I told the man that I've got only 10k.
Surprisingly he asked me to send it like that. No problem.

Chai! Naija man wan open office for french man head....

Na that time I begin call the eediot different names..

36 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Is it that these stup1d people have access to large data's containing people's number or they just text any number hoping somebody must fall mugu. I have received more than 4 different text from Politicians in ma state campaigning and I also wonder how they come across people's number. angry

2 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by SuperModerator: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Prince202020:
Only greedy people get scammed grin
Did you read the story
obainojazz:
.the thunder that will fire dose scammers resemble buhari janja weed
criminals
Can someone be this dumb

19 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by redcliff: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
lawanson44:

Stop being silly
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Raxxye(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
This scam na very low-profile one!
Ordinary 400 naira card?
Wetin him wan use am do; na to make call abi na to sell am for N200 because I know say dem no go price am past that amount!
Na wa o! This is poverty and if dem don scam u of only 400 naira, you don't need to cry or complain; take am say u donate that amount to help somebody buy bread and mineral for lunch!

21 Likes

Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Drmlab(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
My dad also received the same call last month
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by coldwriter(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
life drama.
Re: New Method In Which SCAMMERS Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by holatin(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Y are u trying to spoil our market.
wey i don dey strategize how I go use am for any corrupt politicians.
#mission failed

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Was Assaulted By Policemen For Refusing Them Sex – Brutalised FUTA Student / Corpses Of Fulani Women, Children Murdered Discovered In Bush In Taraba(Graphic) / Stray Bullet Hits Boy In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.