Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238191 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
Just left my farm now. Will soon hit the road home. Will update with the last 2 factors as soon as I get home

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
Let me just point this out. There's is no shortcut to success. You have to work hard, take risks and raise your game in order to succeed. Am saying this because I received a mail and the guy seems too desperate to make quick millions. I have to say it doesn't work like that. Any experienced farmer will tell you that.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by 1stUnique(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:
Just left my farm now. Will soon hit the road home. Will update with the last 2 factors as soon as I get home

hope work no too dey stressful sha... rest wella ooo, I dey sit down dey wait for u sir...
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by 1stUnique(m): 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:
Let me just point this out. There's is no shortcut to success. You have to work hard, take risks and raise your game in order to succeed. Am saying this because I received a mail and the guy seems too desperate to make quick millions. I have to say it doesn't work like that. Any experienced farmer will tell you that.

no mind them, they no want start from scratch... na sudden money them dey find.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by rareman(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:
Am forced to comment at this juncture, I have been following this threaD since yesterday as if my life depended on it. I don't even know weather to start crying or weep for myself. Sure farm work requires patient and due diligence, its not a get rich quick avenue but sure gives riches if you know your game.
Earlier this year I did 3 hectares of cucumber but couldn't make much due to glut then. But with your system here am gearing up for a rematch.
Thank you very much. If I have a way of reaching you I won't mind spending my christmas holiday with you. Am from anambra though base in lagos my farm is sited at ogun state. Chukwuduifeanyi@gmail.com that's my email I don't know how best to reach you as I couldn't access your contact. Thanks for the VALUE you are sharing!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
Okay, am back. Night class will start soon. And I have a surprise for you guys and gals tonight
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by 1stUnique(m): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:
Okay, am back. Night class will start soon. And I have a surprise for you guys and gals tonight

dancing shoki and skelewu together. waiting for the suprise

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by idumuose(m): 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
I am inspired.Op welldone
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by curiousmind11: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:

@jasper7, U are a rare gem. An example to many lazy youths waiting for hand-outs from politicians.
This is really inspiring. Your description of the labor mentality among Nigerian youths is very accurate, hilarious, and worrisome at the time.

Finally, this type of open source information is what keeps the developed countries ahead of us. Keep it up!! But note any "hungry" internet farmer copying this useful info and selling as e-books. No one should buy any ebook on cucumber after this class ooooooo!!

18 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
curiousmind11:

@jasper7, U are a rare gem. An example to many lazy youths waiting for hand-outs from politicians.
This is really inspiring. Your description of the labor mentality among Nigerian youths is very accurate, hilarious, and worrisome at the time.
Finally, this type of open source information is what keeps the developed countries ahead of us. Keep it up!! But note any "hungry" internet farmer copying this useful info and selling as e-books. No one should buy any ebook on cucumber after this class ooooooo!!
I am very much flattered sir, I was inspired by someone. So, it's my moral duty to inspire others. And I understand that I can't do so much without the help of other young people. My success in life, lies inside the success of others.

11 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
rareman:

Am forced to comment at this juncture, I have been following this threaD since yesterday as if my life depended on it. I don't even know weather to start crying or weep for myself. Sure farm work requires patient and due diligence, its not a get rich quick avenue but sure gives riches if you know your game.
Earlier this year I did 3 hectares of cucumber but couldn't make much due to glut then. But with your system here am gearing up for a rematch.
Thank you very much. If I have a way of reaching you I won't mind spending my christmas holiday with you. Am from anambra though base in lagos my farm is sited at ogun state. Chukwuduifeanyi@gmail.com that's my email I don't know how best to reach you as I couldn't access your contact. Thanks for the VALUE you are sharing!
Hmmm 3 hectares? That's alot of land in cucumber farming o. You have a war chest with you o. Am talking endless possibilities of financial income

3 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
1stUnique:

dancing shoki and skelewu together. waiting for the suprise
Oga you flatter me.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
Back to class. NUMBER SIX is WEED. and am not talking of marijuana here grin (cis some pple can ask silly questions cheesy). Weed is dangerous to the crop at a young age. Cos it competes with the young cucumber cucumber for nutrients. And the cost of weeding in Nigeria is high (as we have already handled that in labour). So I choose to use mulching films, which prevents the growth of weed. Although the mulching film serves other purposes, my favourite is it's weed control. You don't know what mulching film looks like? Here it is

12 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by 1stUnique(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
I gat that. is that how the film will b till harvesting time?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by rareman(m): 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:

Hmmm 3 hectares? That's alot of land in cucumber farming o. You have a war chest with you o. Am talking endless possibilities of financial income

More reason why I need to get to closer, there are a lot to learn from you sir. Infact I left the place for now had move to poultry in the meantime. Though planning for year season
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
1stUnique:
I gat that. is that how the film will b till harvesting time?
Yes o, quality film can last for 6months to a year
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
rareman:

More reason why I need to get to closer, there are a lot to learn from you sir. Infact I left the place for now had move to poultry in the meantime. Though planning for year season
It's good to have more than 1 source of agricultural income. And your chicken droppings na sure manure for your cucumber.

4 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Heanry(m): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hello jasper. I like your zeal. I stay in Enugu. How can I reach you at you farm in owerri this weekend. My number is 08037399865.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by deeptechcool(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
The agric section on nairaland is the most inspiring, courtesy people like the OP. I ve learnt a lot from this section and my steady flow of income s inspired here. @ op, many w appreciate ur effort, some w downcast you but I want you to knw that ur efforts shall neva be in vain. Keep the good work going....Nigeria must be better.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Heanry:
Hello jasper. I like your zeal. I stay in Enugu. How can I reach you at you farm in owerri this weekend. My number is 08037399865.
That will be fantastic. I'll give you a call 2moro. Although we'll keep the visit for next week because I'll be travelling 2moro evening.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
deeptechcool:
The agric section on nairaland is the most inspiring, courtesy people like the OP. I ve learnt a lot from this section and my steady flow of income s inspired here. @ op, many w appreciate ur effort, some w downcast you but I want you to knw that ur efforts shall neva be in vain. Keep the good work going....Nigeria must be better.
Thanks sir. Am encouraged

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by idumuose(m): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
How much will it cost to start a 1Hectare of cucumber excluding the cost of sinking a borehole since the cost is determined by your location?

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
idumuose:
How much will it cost to start a 1Hectare of cucumber excluding the cost of sinking a borehole since the cost is determined by your location?
The cost depends on the agronomy you want to employ, and the cost of labour in the area you set up your farm. The cheapest cost will be about, 300k while to get a farm like mine will cost nothing less than 500k. But either way, you'll make 800k-1million profit in 2 months. That's if you have available market to sell 1 hectare worth of cucumber. Cause the harvest is unimaginable. I'll soon post a cost analysis for farming 1 hectare of cucumber

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by eddyspice(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
jasper7:

Really? You are into cucumber farming? What seeds do you use at the moment? The thai seeds are quite expensive but they are very very good. Perfect for Nigerian weather and big size. Below are some pics of it's product from different farms
@op yes I do grow cucumbers too. You farm has thought some new things I never knew.am happy I came across this thread. I would love to ask: How do I get the mulching film as well as the seeds.I live in Delta state.how do I contact you?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jethro2: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
I have been following with keen interest and planning to incorporate a lot into my next farming. Its indeed one of the best i ever got from nairaland. Great work.

4 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
eddyspice:
@op yes I do grow cucumbers too. You farm has thought some new things I never knew.am happy I came across this thread. I would love to ask: How do I get the mulching film as well as the seeds.I live in Delta state.how do I contact you?
Okay sir, I'll soon drop the list of companies that have the best seed (at least to the best of my knowledge) as for the mulching films. You can improvise to black tarpaulin or black nylon sheets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 12:21am On Nov 28, 2014
jethro2:
I have been following with keen interest and planning to incorporate a lot into my next farming. Its indeed one of the best i ever got from nairaland. Great work.
Oga jethro, thanks so much.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Heanry(m): 3:05am On Nov 28, 2014
jasper7:

That will be fantastic. I'll give you a call 2moro. Although we'll keep the visit for next week because I'll be travelling 2moro evening.
OK. I will be expecting. Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by idumuose(m): 7:38am On Nov 28, 2014
Thanks bro.I have vast land in my home town in Delta(Igbo) but i am not based there.Leaving the cucumber farm in the hands of a third party is akin to pouring water iin a basket.That's the problem cos
based on your experience,cucumber as every other vegetable crops should be closely monitored by the investor.But i'll like to invest in it anyhow.Further questions will come as the thread progresses.Thanks
jasper7:

The cost depends on the agronomy you want to employ, and the cost of labour in the area you set up your farm. The cheapest cost will be about, 300k while to get a farm like mine will cost nothing less than 500k. But either way, you'll make 800k-1million profit in 2 months. That's if you have available market to sell 1 hectare worth of cucumber. Cause the harvest is unimaginable. I'll soon post a cost analysis for farming 1 hectare of cucumber
For how long will you keep farming that 1Hectare land before diminishing returns set in? How many times do you farm and harvest cucumber in a year?

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by eddyspice(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2014
jasper7:

Okay sir, I'll soon drop the list of companies that have the best seed (at least to the best of my knowledge) as for the mulching films. You can improvise to black tarpaulin or black nylon sheets.
. Okay. I will be expecting it.thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Didn't go to farm today embarassed so class starts early
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Okay... so... NUMBER SEVEN and the final one is AGRONOMY. This is the best and the last. Agronomy can shortly be defined as the technology used in food production and processing and soil science. I can't start teaching my style or my own technology because that one na very very long and intensive.

But your location and your capital decides the Agronomy practise.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.