Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238251 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Ndbc(m): 11:48pm On May 16, 2017
Very interesting topic, hope honorable Jasper7 will have time to attend to me on WhatsApp because i will just impose myself to him as a new student and a loyal one too. grin
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by drisaac4luv(m): 3:19pm On May 26, 2017
Can i get ur contact sir @mr jesper
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by AmazingSolutnz(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2017
drisaac4luv:
Can i get ur contact sir @mr jesper

See page 29. Its there.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 6:06am On Jun 03, 2017
Thinking of doing dry season farming and reap bountiful this year? Then join in our Consolidated Irrigation Pre-order today and get quality Irrigation equipment for darn cheap prices. Drip Kit| Spray tubes| Raingun Sprinklers.
See details : https://www.nairaland.com/2110962/pre-order-rain-guns-spraytubes-dripkits/7#57059276

Call/ Whatsapp Samuel on + 2347036931636

Powered by: Agritechnovate Solutions Enterprise, Along Ikorodu-epe expressway, Epe, Lagos.

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by kennykg(m): 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Wow an ever green thread
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Tmanir: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
Bless you brother. Please come to Kaduna for land also. How do you want it
I'll be honored if you accept this offer please...

jasper7:
Doctor said I need rest. but how can I sleep when there's a lot to be done. I need people to make it through agriculture. I need to be involved in people's success. This year I have decided to do a lot of travelling and visiting of people's farms. help them set-up and reach their goals. brace up! cos if you are planting, I might be visiting you.

I thought about this a lot during the tail end of last year. why do I leave my well paying farms and start visiting people and helping them set up. what do I stand to gain? Not much, but I believe in having a strong network of farmers who grow similar crops, I believe that is the key to marketing. And besides I need land. I want to expand. and I am getting good offers for land in the west. cheesy.

This my sickness and my many travels towards the end of last year showed me that I don't necessarily need to be on ground for my farm here to function. I have able hands, and partners who can keep it ticking here. while I explore other locations.

Trust me, a lot will happen in agriculture this 2015 and a select few will gain from my enthusiasm. while I gain also from their knowledge and ideas. watch this space, great things might soon start happening here
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by faolay: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2017
Isn't better to get seeds that will make you spend less on disease control & treatment?
We've got you covered.

East-West Seed...leader in tropical vegetable seeds.

Enquiry: 08061521651

Att'd
Pictures showing farm having our seed planted.

1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jjbest123(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
faolay:
Isn't better to get seeds that will make you spend less on disease control & treatment?
We've got you covered.

East-West Seed...leader in tropical vegetable seeds.

Enquiry: 08061521651

Att'd
Pictures showing farm having our seed planted.
Can we know your price?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by 01church: 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2017
pure organic manure for sale in onitsha,contact08165870880
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by tsolution: 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello Jasper,
great work here. i have a plot of land around rccg camp and will like to plant cucumber. i need ur assistance/advice.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by vickifeanyi47(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2017
Can one plant cucumber this time of the year
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
vickifeanyi47:
Can one plant cucumber this time of the year
Cucumber can be planted any time of the year but you must have a dependable irrigation source during dry season.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by vickifeanyi47(m): 12:17am On Sep 02, 2017
I don't have irrigation system but can I plant now as we are in the month of September bearing in mind that dry season will soon set in..will it so well before dry season set in proper?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jomolu: 7:52am On Sep 02, 2017
Thank u,for this post.
pls educate us more on d seed,which variety u think is very good and can give hi yield per hater?
because we seed some seeds label saying 40-45days maturity period.
thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by akwonderman: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=jomolu post=60052438]Thank u,for this post.
pls educate us more on d seed,which variety u think is very good and can give hi yield per hater?
because we seed some seeds label saying 40-45days maturity period.
Murano 2 F1 or Tokyo F2 is the best breed u can think of. Kindly call 08058173584 for ur hybrid cucumber seeds including the Chinese breed (Akito).
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by akwonderman: 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Call 08058173584 for ur hybrid cucumber seeds; Murano 2 F1, Tokyo F1 and Akito F1.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Dadanoah(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
akwonderman:
Call 08058173584 for ur hybrid cucumber seeds; Murano 2 F1, Tokyo F1 and Akito F1.
gudday sir,plz how many days interval r u sprey ur cucumber and which fungicide r u apply? thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by doyinbaby(f): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
Keep up the good work.....I intend to start my farm soon....hopeful I will seek advice from you when I want to start
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by samuelshine99: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
can someone remedy this for me?

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by QUEENCHIGO: 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
Yessoh! Indeed cucumber is one of the best crops to farm in Nigeria but we must also be aware of some of the diseases that are common in cucumber plants like mosaic, powdery mildew, downy mildew etc. Check out this blog www.gricd.com.ng/2017/09/18/how-to-plant-and-control-diseases-in-cucumbers/ They will teach you how to identify these diseases and also prevent or control them.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by alwaz4nature: 6:53am On Sep 26, 2017
mrteewhy0104:
DR Ty agric. Consultant supplies A day old chicks & turkey, point of lay, catfish, pigs,etc to both within and around the country ...they are readily available for you...phone no 07062039404. You can call or whatsapp for more enquiries and bookings
There is a time and place for everything. You should know dat
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Ijeomahemmanuel: 3:13am On Nov 11, 2017
Austin234:
2ndly, i actualy want to get serious wit cucumber farming frm January 2015. I have secured a farmland to dis effect. But b4 i take off i wud have like to see urs.
Again, i wud like to start wit d special cucumber seedling u recomended (East West Int'l Seed).
Ur phone contact is not conecting. I may not mind being in ur farm if am invited as stay some kilos frm u (Orlu).
U may reach me on chidi.agbawo@gmail.com
Meanwhile, i wish u quick recovery

Hello Austin. Hope you are doing good, I am also in Orlu n would love to meet up with you... I am new & have started my farm aswell. Would really love to visit your farm since it z in Orlu too
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by debbiluv82: 10:03am On Nov 15, 2017
So interesting, am in DELTA STATE, how do I get good seeds
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by cynfranks: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2017
pls mr jasper can i have ur number pls dis my number 08036373005 am interested in cucumber farming
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jamolay(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Do you want to go into Agriculture but lack the Necessary Skills and Adequate Funding?

You need not worry, Green Nation; an Agriculture and Value Chain Company registered with CAC is here to provide a Solution to these problems.

If u wish to know more join us in the presentation classes on WhatsApp.

If you are interested, add 080-6232-0880 on whatsapp or Join via Link

https:///4zgLeivGcD96jYy3WgZBZ4
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Mysselff2: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
jasper7:

Thank u sir. The farm in the picture is located in the south-east. Owerri precisely. But I have other micro farms around the south-east south-south.
And concerning marketing, it was not easy initially. Majority of these crops are supplied from the north and displacing them in the market is a huge task. So what I did was make a high quality regulation on my product.
I also discovered that due to the long distance the northerners travel before they cab supply, their cucumbers come in stale and never fresh. So I made surr mine was fresh, juicy and nice before supply. I started by selling in retail to offices, schools and churches. Supply to those who helped me sell. I was very favoured in that aspect. But as the farms grew bigger, I had to find market women who come and buy in bulk at a reasonable price. Now, no matter the quantity I produce, it does not last the next day. Right now I sell up to 200k per harvest and twice a week. Don't underestimate those local market women. They struggle and fight for the products. A single woman can buy up to 20k a day for supply. It's not as profitable as selling retail but the money dey come sharp sharp cheesy

very inspiring
Congrats my friend,you have done well
More power to your elbow and more credit alert to your bank account
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by martins80(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by saliubello(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Buy your drip irrigation for small demostration plots

Call 08050323434 for order details

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.