Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238194 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dokitadotun:
Get well soon Jasper7, it is well with you bro. Merry Christmas in arrears everyone
thank you sir. I appreciate
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
Land preparation and bed making for planting Jasper 'Chai tai' Cucucmbers. Thanks @Jasper7 for the motivation, Oluwa be with you always!

Planting on Monday 29/12/2014 God's willing!

5 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by bamdexfarms(m): 5:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Kalusam:
Land preparation and bed making for planting Jasper 'Chai tai' Cucucmbers. Thanks @Jasper7 for the motivation, Oluwa be with you always!

Planting on Monday 29/12/2014 God's willing!

Please bro where are u located?, I. Noticed the ridges are kinda wide, or are they seed beds?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jaz(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
guess Jasper and many others like him will never truly understand the value they are adding to the Nigerian economy not in terms of naira and kobo but motivation and conviction.

5 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
This farm is in Lagos. These are beds not ridges. They are 1m wide and 6m long.
bamdexfarms:

Please bro where are u located?, I. Noticed the ridges are kinda wide, or are they seed beds?

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
Planted the seeds yesterday evening, expecting them to sprout soon. The Count down begins...Day 1!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by MDCEO1: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2014
Kalusam:
Planted the seeds yesterday evening, expecting them to sprout soon. The Count down begins...Day 1!
All the best Bro!

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sheyi86: 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
MDCEO1:

All the best Bro!
@ pls do u know anything about tigernut. thank sir.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by MDCEO1: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
sheyi86:
@ pls do u know anything about tigernut. thank sir.

No i dont Bro. Are you sure you didnt quote the wrong person?? grin

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by MightyFortress: 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
This thread over make sense. Thanks, OP.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by bamdexfarms(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
jasper7:

thank you sir. I appreciate

@ jasper, i have sent a mail request to you. pls i need to speak with you urgently.. can you add me on whatsapp? 08128470332.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
Happy New year to you all! 2014 was a great year, but 2015 will be even greater!

4 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by tuk2ato(m): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thanks Jasper for sharing and I hope you have recovered fully.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by cola: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2015
@Jasper7

Thanks for sharing. I hope we make it worth your while.

I wish you quick recovery. Get well soon!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Kalusam(m): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2015
Yay!!! My Cucumbers fully emerged yesterday, though I noticed some insects eating up the seed leafs, will have to resupply on those areas this evening and take pictures then. Keep following Day 6 today 3/1/2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kalusam:
Yay!!! My Cucumbers fully emerged yesterday, though I noticed some insects eating up the seed leafs, will have to resupply on those areas this evening and take pictures then. Keep following Day 6 today 3/1/2015.

wow. Dts 6days. Am already getting gingered for the harvest
@Jasper, do u suggest spraying insecticide immediately after planting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Bigade: 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kalusam:

Pls where in Lagos is the farm, and can you please upload the pics of the farm update now.

I will surely like to meet you

thanks
from learner
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
stagger:

You can't believe one cucumber is sold for N100 in the market as at yesterday. Na wa o.

Na so dem take cheat me for broad daylight; later at night its 3 for N100.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
otokx:

Na so dem take cheat me for broad daylight; later at night its 3 for N100.
it's not cheating o. lol. it's just the challenge with vegetable market. some vegetables depreciate within 24hrs. the fresher, the costlier
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
mercylicious:

wow. Dts 6days. Am already getting gingered for the harvest
@Jasper, do u suggest spraying insecticide immediately after planting?
yes o. if you discover pest activity, you spray. altho you can try to reduce the concentration a bit.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kalusam:
try spraying insecticide. it would be useful. you can't afford to have pest activity at dis tender stage

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
i cant believe i just re-read the thread from page one to last page again.

@kalusam, how i wish solxam can give you free seeds of murano 2f1 so that you can make another bed for it and compare chai tai cucumber seeds and murano 2f1 .
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kalusam:
also watch out for lizards, just to verify the pests that are disturbing you. Lizards dey chop new seedlings wella o. Strange, but true. narrow down the pest type, before you spray. so that you know what pesticide to use. and don't spray directly on the plants. just spray on it's environs for now. till at least 2weeks old. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
mercylicious:
i cant believe i just re-read the thread from page one to last page again.

@kalusam, how i wish solxam can give you free seeds of murano 2f1 so that you can make another bed for it and compare chai tai cucumber seeds and murano 2f1 .

yes o... me, I'll like to see too. so that we should know which one to fully recommend at least for farmers in the west.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
I can remember I promised to give out free seed to followers of this thread. at least I gave some out to kalusam which he has planted and am glad to see his progress. please if you're interested in getting few sample seeds. indicate. let me use this one as new year gift. please note that the seed must enter ground. by fire by force. by friday next week, I'll dispatch to 3 locations. to abeokuta, ibadan and lagos. choose the location nearest to you and comment here, to get your own free seed. pls, even if you don't have land or space. you can plant in sack bags. I'll upload a picture example soonest.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by watino: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
hello Jasper its me from whatsapp i am in Enugu how can i get the seed plz i cant go to west
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
please am interested oooo.
location -anambra but i can as well get it from enugu as enugu is my second home.

or maybe i will send a friend in owerri to pick it from u andsend to me.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
so... I think I should add enugu to my destinations. ok
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sheyi86: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
jasper7:
I can remember I promised to give out free seed to followers of this thread. at least I gave some out to kalusam which he has planted and am glad to see his progress. please if you're interested in getting few sample seeds. indicate. let me use this one as new year gift. please note that the seed must enter ground. by fire by force. by friday next week, I'll dispatch to 3 locations. to abeokuta, ibadan and lagos. choose the location nearest to you and comment here, to get your own free seed. pls, even if you don't have land or space. you can plant in sack bags. I'll upload a picture example soonest.
pls i'm frm ekiti state i'm interested o, hw can i get it sir
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by nikaShow(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
Akin Show from ibadan wants the seed !
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
sheyi86:
pls i'm frm ekiti state i'm interested o, hw can i get it sir
pls choose the location nearest to you. I cannot send it to all parts of Nigeria.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
nikaShow:
Akin Show from ibadan wants the seed !
confirmed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.