Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). (9920 Views)

Najatu Muhammad Rejects Buhari’s Appointment, Becomes First Person To Do So / Kashamu Refuses To Appear In Court As NDLEA Maintains Seige / Boko Haram Lagos - Abuja Threat: Should Jonathan Appear On AIT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Vikkie14: 12:31am On Nov 26, 2014
A twitter user tweeted this picture below and wrote "Anike Agbaje-Williams, first person, male/female to appear on TV in the whole of Africa, WNTV-WNBS,Ibadan on Oct 31,1959".

Isn't that wonderful and nice?

1 Like

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by speakthetruth: 12:37am On Nov 26, 2014
Noted
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 26, 2014
She fine sef
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Vikkie14: 1:15am On Nov 26, 2014
She's really damned beautiful. Real beauty and natural. Not all these girlie's(in patoranking voice) and ladies of nowadays who uses all the paints meant for painting houses in decorating themself. #NoBeefing. See beauty wey paz "house-paint-beauty".

2 Likes

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by frodobee: 3:31am On Nov 26, 2014
The name remain small to complete "Aisha Anike Agbaje Williams"

Anyways, I don't know if OP meant sub-sahara Africa. Or specifically a presenter. I still believe the info might be wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Texykool: 4:01am On Nov 26, 2014
frodobee:
The name remain small to complete "Aisha Anike Agbaje Williams"

Anyways, I don't know if OP meant sub-sahara Africa. Or specifically a presenter. I still believe the info might be wrong.

I guess OP meant the first person to appear on NTA Ibadan which was then known as WNTV/WNBS.

It is the first TV station in Africa, so I guess she made the first broadcast.

OmoIbadan grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by tit(f): 4:13am On Nov 26, 2014
Awolowo was the first african to appear on Tv.
After that ghana people became jealous and could not sleep again. They were worried. Kwame Nkrumah then ordered a tv station from Great Britain.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Applaner: 4:33am On Nov 26, 2014
females are always de first.

learn how to respect females.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Debbychi(f): 4:42am On Nov 26, 2014
Wow! Nycc....bt d woman for don old fa
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Applaner: 4:43am On Nov 26, 2014
thank God it is a woman.

henceforth, men respect women

1 Like

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by ThunderTrail(f): 5:35am On Nov 26, 2014
Omo Ibadan kini so.
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Billygee2u: 5:52am On Nov 26, 2014
Vikkie14:
She's really damned beautiful. Real beauty and natural. Not all these girlie's(in patoranking voice) and ladies of nowadays who uses all the paints meant for painting houses in decorating themself. #NoBeefing. See beauty wey paz "house-paint-beauty".
you mean that they're the cause why paint prices are high rocketing?
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:57am On Nov 26, 2014
LIFE!!!!!!!!! Some are being celebrated (Anike Agbaje Williams), while some are being cursed (Patience Ebele Jonathan aka Mama Peace).

1 Like

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by EzePromoe: 6:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Hmmm. They really selected this one from the populace smiley
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Toosure70: 6:33am On Nov 26, 2014
Yoruba on top
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Adeoba10(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2014
Thank God say I still catch FP train...
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Ventura1: 6:42am On Nov 26, 2014
She is beautiful shocked
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by echobee(f): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2014
Pretty woman
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 26, 2014
Now I know why the yorubas control the media in nigeria. Thanks to baba awolowo, a visionary leader.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Donrissy(m): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2014
An epitome of natural beauty, hope she's still Alive.
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2014
Opz the woman is very pretty. Me likey smiley
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2014
Wow very beautiful lady.
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:14am On Nov 26, 2014
OP, the first person to appear on TV in Africa wasn't Anike Williams-Agbaje, but Kunle Olasope. He is from Ekiti State and is still alive.
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2014
Donrissy:
An epitome of natural beauty, hope she's still Alive.
She is still alive.
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by condralbede(m): 7:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Applaner:
thank God it is a woman.

Respect The man that invented the TV itself....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by djjoad(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2014
The first person I've always known is Otunba kunle olasope.
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
OP, the first person to appear on TV in Africa wasn't Anike Williams-Agbaje, but Kunle Olasope. He is from Ekiti State and is still alive.
are you sure? Because before I dropped a comment on this board, I made a little research about the topic and all my finidngs were telling me that the woman was the first african to appear on tv. undecided
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by james669: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2014
ok
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by konjakonja(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2014
She's half-cast
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by experimentist: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2014
Applaner:
females are always de first.

learn how to respect females.

thank God it is a woman.
fvcking feminist!
Re: Meet The FIRST Person To Appear On Television In AFRICA (picture). by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2014
kastonkastrol:
are you sure? Because before I dropped a comment on this board, I made a little research about the topic and all my finidngs were telling me that the woman was the first african to appear on tv. undecided
Yes, I'm sure, though there has been controversy over it. I've known Pa Olasope now for some years. He's a regular contributer to our programme in one of the radio stations in the South West. I even have his number. I would've lovd to post the link of the interview titled, "My Children Must Bury Me With Microphone", he granted to the Punch on the 8 of this month, but I'm unable (maybe you could tell how to). He clarified the issue there as regards which between outside broadcasting unit and studio broadcast comes first to ascertain who between him and Williams-Agbaje first appeared.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ONE Relaunches Make Naija Stronger Campaign ABUJA, Nigeria / Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street / NYSC DG Lied On Mbah's Certificate Saga - Enugu PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.