Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike (6789 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / The Sack Of Angela Uwakwemh, The Boss Of FMC Owerri Causes Workers' Celebration / Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2014
The National Agency for Food and Drug Control, NAFDAC, is losing N120 million naira weekly because of the strike by some workers in the health sector, the Secretary, Medical and Health Workers Union, NAFDAC, chapter, Anzaku Peter, has said.

“I can tell you authoritatively that on weekly basis, the agency loses over N120 million from the nation’s ports alone. So, you can imagine what will be happening at the other formations of the agency,” Mr. Peter told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Friday in Lagos.

He said that the offices of the agency in the 36 states and Abuja as well as its offices at both the sea and airports had been shut down indefinitely.

“Our officials in all the agency’s offices across the country are in full compliance with the strike and they have vacated their duty posts,” he said. “This week, we have locked our operational offices at Seme, Idi-Iroko, Apapa and at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company, NAHCO, Lagos.

“As at today, we have not heard anything from the management and this is not okay for the agency. The strike will continue indefinitely until all demands are met.”

Mr. Peter said the refusal of the government to convert NAFDAC workers from the Consolidated Researchers and Allied Workers Salary Structure to Consolidated Health Workers Salary Structure was the major reason for the strike.

According to him, other demands include non-payment of allowances, such as, productivity, promotion and 13th month.
He urged the management of the agency to negotiate with the federal government on behalf of the workers to meet their demands.

On November 12, NAFDAC workers embarked on nationwide strike over poor working conditions, unresolved wage structure and unpaid allowances. shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/171663-nafdac-losing-n120m-weekly-ports-due-workers-strike.html
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
If they're losing that much in a week, they should have more than enough to pay their workers and end the strike smh

12 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by iceberylin(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
Its obvious they want to loose more

xcelsia:
If they're losing that much in a week, they should have more than enough to pay their workers and end the strike smh

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
Naija, na scam level o.
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Tobilastik(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
duuno what to say self

hit like if you comment before u read d post
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by toxiflam: 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
demerit of strike actions.
I thought these nafdac guys are paid heavily;
sad to see it was only a thought afterall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by mifavour(f): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
chisos!!! shocked that's much
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by ichidodo: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
'bout time we represent front page...
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Everything's going South pretty fast in Nigeria. But that's none of my business. tongue

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by youngde1805: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
nice 1....................
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by gift01: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
Where the 120m dey enter before? Abeg e... Make dem let us hear word jhor

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by jide53: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
How can they be generating this much money and not be able to pay their workers in the first place, I smell looting somewhere.

80% of diseases suffered by Nigerians due to open defecation, says official
Source: http:///n7Czj

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by accurate0805: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by obainojazz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
space for sale..
come Onitsha to purchase.
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by VocalWalls: 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sorry.

Mbok, is this strike going to affect dhl?

I'm expecting tomatoes, and e fit spoil for road...

Seriously, I no get Nigeria time.

But please, will it affect dhl? Because I am expecting an urgent parcel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by akpanikpe(m): 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Now u want me to start crying again for momy Dora abi? Miss that woman.
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by hardywaltz(m): 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
Uncommon transformation...
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by colossus2: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
Let them continue losing.
Yeye fowls angry

Ilemba:
and some people are saying it's fresh air
Awon oloshi.....Jona must go bck to otueke
grin

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Ilemba(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
and some people are saying it's fresh air
Awon oloshi.....Jona must go bck to otueke
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Abiolainfo: 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
The only Language this clueless guy(GEJ) understand is strike, now he will listen to their cries.... #GEJMUSTGO
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by whizfache(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
am nt happy my galfrnd is cheatin me...i must gv her belle...ooops sori forgot online
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by plainmirror(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Due to strike abi ?

JOHESU
NMA
PENGASSAN
IPMAN

All this prolific STRIKERS and SuperEagles nor fit qualify fot afcon2015
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by obainojazz(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
akpanikpe:

Nairaland, una Gud evening o!
he he
join d train
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by KingTom(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
What if
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by Lilimax(f): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Thought they are no longer on strike undecided This is certainly not the same NAFDAC once headed by Dora of the blessed memory.
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by sparkless96(f): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
If they are loosing, xo? ow does it affect me, when they were making profit, did they tell me?

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by KingTom(m): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lilimax:
Thought they are no longer on strike undecided
Are you a worker there? shocked
Re: NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike by KingTom(m): 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
sparkless96:
[color=#770077][/color]if they are loosing, xo? ow does it affect me, when they were making profit, did they tell me?
100000000000 likes for you! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help !!!! Please Help Save A Nairalanders Life This Christmas / Yuda Hairgrowth Spray For Baldness And Hairloss Remedy Now In Nigeria / How Much Is Kidney In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.