Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214351 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
Banana and plantain are amongst the major staples food in Africa, where more than 31 million tonne are produced yearly primarily by small family farms and this account for approximately a third of global production.
I believe this is the right time to escalate the production.
#AdeniyiSolaBunmi
#GoGreenNigeriaProject

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Osinitu(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello boss @world1. How much can I get a hectare of land for plantain plantation in Ogun state? Secondly, how many suckers can I grow on an acre as well as a hectare?

Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
Osinitu:
Hello boss @world1. How much can I get a hectare of land for plantain plantation in Ogun state? Secondly, how many suckers can I grow on an acre as well as a hectare?

Thanks
My brother. The price vary based on the location and proximity to the road. My area is sold between N450,000-N750,000 per acre. As for the spacing it also differ you can use 2m by 2m, 2.5m by 2.5m or 3m by 3m. So do your calculations. 2.5 acre is 1 hectare.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Osinitu(m): 4:35am On Apr 26, 2017
world1:

My brother. The price vary based on the location and proximity to the road. My area is sold between N450,000-N750,000 per acre. As for the spacing it also differ you can use 2m by 2m, 2.5m by 2.5m or 3m by 3m. So do your calculations. 2.5 acre is 1 hectare.
Thanks so much boss, I'm deeply appreciative.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 1:48am On May 06, 2017
Hello,

Please what is the cost implication for a plantain plantation on 3 1/2 acres of land?

Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:57pm On May 17, 2017
AN91:
Hello,

Please what is the cost implication for a plantain plantation on 3 1/2 acres of land?

Please send to my email halaadolf@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Cost implication is determined by lots of variables callzero8065220074 for one on one talk.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by joyjoomla(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2017
world1:
We are setting up 5000 plantain here in ekiti state, we just finished clearing now.

How many acres does one need to accommodate that 5,000 plantain
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:50pm On May 21, 2017
joyjoomla:

How many acres does one need to accommodate that 5,000 plantain
6 acres as I used 2m by 2m with access road.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by MATTHEW59: 3:28am On May 22, 2017
world1:

Okay. Make sure you know what to do with your produce after harvesting.

Below are the steps to take:
1. Go for a particular on the farm training so that you will be agronomically empowered.
2. Get a good arable land with excellent ph that supports plantain cultivation.
3. Do proper land clearing.
4. Spend on land preparation and soil treatment
5. Plant your wind breakers.
6. Get a good disease resistance hybrid plantain sucker. I recommend (Treated CGHS its Sold for N150 per sucker)
7. Plant your sucker using standard depth and width.
8. Make available a good alternative source of water for irrigation, you can start with rain but never you really on rain for you plantain plantation.
9. Follow the right plantain management procedures which includes: fertilization, pruning, weeding, de-suckering, worm and pest control.

If you can follow the above mentioned steps you will surely smile to your bank.
Can I get to learn about Plantain farming/farm mgt in 1-2 weeks please? How much is the training please?

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 5:53am On May 22, 2017
Looking for a pen to rent or to buy ?big pen house for rent and for sale at asabari area kuola close to akala express ibadan with the measurements of 60 by 120 on a full plot of land with 4 rooms on it and one bathroom and one toilet at asabari going for sale at 3.5 million asking price. And also a big pen for rent at the same address asking price 250,000 for more information call or chat me on 08020917141. Thank you
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 5:56pm On May 22, 2017
MATTHEW59:

Can I get to learn about Plantain farming/farm mgt in 1-2 weeks please? How much is the training please?
Yes. I will take you for 100% fee all you need to do is to pay for your accommodation in the farm which is just N1500 per night.
Call me zero8065220074

2 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Emempaul(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2017
world1:
6 acres as I used 2m by 2m with access road.
5 acres will contains 5000 plantain suckers
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by karlxavier(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2017
@enempaul, please read very slowly. X32 SLOW MODE WOULD HELP. He said, 6 acres would contain 5000. with access road if am not mistaken.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Osinitu(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2017
world1:

Yes. I will take you for 100% fee all you need to do is to pay for your accommodation in the farm which is just N1500 per night.
Call me zero8065220074
Boss please I'm interested in the training, how can I key into it? How long will is the duration and fee? Also which state? Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by earthrealm(m): 12:51pm On May 23, 2017
where can i buy plantain suckers...good/high quality, warri/rivers axis
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2017
MATTHEW59:

Call me on Zero8065220074

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by BARNABASS(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2017
very much interested in the training. The training takes like how many days sir?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Emtol01: 6:29am On May 26, 2017
This is awesome. I thought I knew much abt plantain not until I followed this thread to the last page. More grease to ur elbow boss. Pls, did you apply fertilizer to the plantations?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:39pm On May 26, 2017
BARNABASS:
very much interested in the training.
The training takes like how many days sir?
2 weeks and it's 100% farm based meaning you will be on the farm for 15days.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2017
Emtol01:
This is awesome. I thought I knew much abt plantain not until I followed this thread to the last page. More grease to ur elbow boss. Pls, did you apply fertilizer to the plantations?
Thanks. We do
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by gomorodion(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
knowledge4:
With N250,000.00 you can cultivate an acre of plantain
The N250,000.00 conveniently takes care of the cost of suckers to plant (@ N80.00/sucker), the weeding, clearing and harvesting processes.
Depending on the spacing between two suckers, you can plant up to 1000 suckers on an acre of land
Giving 5% allowance for losses,you will be harvesting 950 bunches
Your profits depends on the timing of harvest and the ruling price in the market and the density of competition.
Assuming you sell a bunch for N1000.00, you have had a successful outing already

I need to know the requirement for starting a 2 acre plantain farm do I need to sink a bore hole?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Stmiceel(m): 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2017
This is my family plantain plantation.
Those weeds are sprayed with herbicide already. If Op fit dash me suckers, I'll appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by boyisfine: 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi
What and where can I get fertilizer for plantain.
Thanks
savata01@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by smiliyB(f): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
please i need the cost analysis of starting plantain plantation with one hectare of land.i will love to get your reply

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2017
smiliyB:
please i need the cost analysis of starting plantain plantation with one hectare of land.i will love to get your reply
connect with me zero8065220074
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:20am On Aug 27, 2017
boyisfine:
Hi
What and where can I get fertilizer for plantain.
Thanks
savata01@yahoo.com
Let's talk.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2017
gomorodion:

I need to know the requirement for starting a 2 acre plantain farm do I need to sink a bore hole?
If you intend to plant during dry season then you need to have a water source.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.