Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214511 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by justineu(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
world1:

If you intend to plant during dry season then you need to have a water source.
after harvest, do you sell your bunch of plantain in dozen to market women, kilo or in single bunch. And how much do you sell. Tnks bro. I will be extremely happy if you answer those questions.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:26am On Aug 31, 2017
justineu:
after harvest, do you sell your bunch of plantain in dozen to market women, kilo or in single bunch. And how much do you sell. Tnks bro. I will be extremely happy if you answer those questions.
At the Association level we sell at N100 per kg.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by tsolution: 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Able minds,i hail o.
The land gotten for plantain farming is not by the road, like 5 farms from the roads. To get tractor in there had been an issue. Availability of labourers na headache. Kindly advice.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
tsolution:

Able minds,i hail o.
The land gotten for plantain farming is not by the road, like 5 farms from the roads. To get tractor in there had been an issue. Availability of labourers na headache. Kindly advice.
Unfortunately I don't understand you or what you mean. If this message is directed to me please call zero8065220074
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ibrabdul72(m): 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
world1:

You are to much.
I will give it out to intending farmers I will also train them free of charge. I fact I will open a thread for this. Thanks so much
All intending farmers in Oyo,Osun and Kwara where are you I have free land, seeds and epertise for you.
Please I'm interested ooo. I've been following this thread like the national anthem. God bless our hustle
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ibrabdul72(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
world1:

Capital NO except you are a professional or you have water. but this is the best time to start land çlearing and preparation.

When is the best time to plant sir?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ibrabdul72(m): 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sir I'm following this thread like the national anthem. I'm very interested
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ibrabdul72(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
hotmas911:
The Prof! You are just too brilliant that not giving you land will be a cardinal sin! For this thread i promise you 10 acres for 2 years free use. Infact you can transfer this gift to anyone you like. Yes, 10 acres for 2 years free of charge.
Bros I'm very much interested in this plantain plantation o. I'm following this thread like the national anthem
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by badooooo: 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
Am really interested in the plantain business and i will like to to more about it
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by badooooo: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
if i like to start and where do i start from because i have two plot of land which as been clear i mean cut
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=justineu post=59900437]after harvest, do you sell your bunch of plantain in dozen to market women, kilo or in single bunch. And how much do you sell. Tnks bro. I will be extremely happy if you answer those questions.[/quote
I sell at N100 per kilo

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by make9jagr8: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=world1 post=60138518][/quote]
What is average weight of a bunch please?
Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by nzedon2(m): 1:34am On Sep 22, 2017
I have planted plantain twice but non did well,and am still interested in having a plantain plantation but am still yet to be convinced on hw to get a good sucker that will do well and bear big and good fruit.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2017
ibrabdul72:

When is the best time to plant sir?
Anytime is good once you have all the required inputs.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:38am On Oct 06, 2017
nzedon2:
I have planted plantain twice but non did well,and am still
interested in having a plantain plantation but am still yet to be
convinced on hw to get a good sucker that will do well and
bear big and good fruit.
Come for pratical step by step on the farm training.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2017
make9jagr8:

What is average weight of a bunch please?
Thanks
Between 10kg to 22kg depending on how well you feed your Plantain.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by nzedon2(m): 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
when and how are you conducting the training?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Babs612000(m): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
world1:

Come for pratical step by step on the farm training.
please like how many hectares of land can someone start for this banana plantations?
I have one hectare which l think it is small.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by miisy(f): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2017
world1:
Hello everyone,
Am an Agribusiness Consultant based in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria.
My company is Natural Nutrient Limited.

LET'S DISCUSSED EVERYTHING ABOUT SETTING UP A PLANTAIN FARM.
What is a Plantain?
Plantains are a member of the banana family. They are a starchy, low in sugar variety that is cooked before serving as it is unsuitable raw.

Unlike starting other tree farms, starting a plantain farm and growing plantain are easier and less complicated.
Although growing plantain still requires ones attention, the level of skill required is not as intensive as other trees.
Here are a few guidelines in growing plantain and starting a plantain farm.

Step 1.
LAND PROCUREMENT
The first thing to consider in starting a plantain farm is looking for the right climate. Plantain cannot thrive in an environment that is too hot or too cold. The proposed land/soil for your plantain farm must be a well drain land that is rich and naturally fertilized but If such is not available, you can create compost and add chicken manure to your existing land.

Now that you have the land what next?

I am very interested..hope am not too late?and pls what's the estimate amount needed to start a plantain farm excluding land factor.. Tnx
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by askarachi: 12:39am On Oct 18, 2017
Please can I get your number so we can talk of how to start
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by RedRhinos: 11:42am On Oct 18, 2017
Want to start your plantain farm?
It's the dry season and it is important as farmers to begin to incorporate irrigation as we plan our farm set up this season. The plant looses 50% of it's yield everytime it doesn't get watered for 2weeks. Therefore as agribusiness entrepreneurs, it is essential to consider irrigation if we must improve out yields. The drip Irrigation works perfectly for the plantain farm. A plantain stand requires 15litres of water daily for survival and proper nourishment in the dry season. Therefore we must equip ourselves with the right knowledge so we don't buy driplines with low emitting rates that will eventually lead to loss. For more details on purchase of irrigation systems, contact Bhumi Irrigation systems on 08185344989 or 07038673981(whatsapp)

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Orimatos: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Great work you are doing here OP.

Just read through the whole thread.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Orimatos:
Great work you are doing here OP.

Just read through the whole thread.
thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
askarachi:
Please can I get your number so we can talk of how to start
zero8065220074
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
miisy:

I am very interested..hope am not too late?and pls what's the estimate amount needed to start a plantain farm excluding land factor.. Tnx
its a complicate question. but if you have land you need between 300 to 400k if you need a proper farm
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by miisy(f): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
world1:

its a complicate question. but if you have land you need between 300 to 400k if you need a proper farm
okey.tnx
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
Plantain Farming is not easy make sure you learn from successful practical farmers.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by CupOfT(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hi Oga world1 I have been on this matter for a while till I stumble upon yur thread hence, I read frm 2014 to '17.
Pls I have a plot of land I want to start with.
How many suckers can I get in?

Many thanks for yur patients and yur painstaking explanations it was of immense benefits to me.

Am waiting for yur reply sir...
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:41am On Nov 30, 2017
CupOfT:
Hi Oga world1 I have been on this matter for a while till I stumble upon yur thread hence, I read frm 2014 to '17.
Pls I have a plot of land I want to start with.
How many suckers can I get in?

Many thanks for yur patients and yur painstaking explanations it was of immense benefits to me.

Am waiting for yur reply sir...
It depends on tour adopted spacing as for me I use 2m by 2m and a plot can take 120 -150 suckers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.