Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,555 members, 7,801,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? (3382 Views)

Growing Flowers And Grape Fruits In Nsukka. / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? by Pavore9: 8:45am On Mar 12, 2015
Kemewe:
[color=#006600][/color]

Pls Pavore9 I'm interested in Apple farming. So how do I buy the nurseries? Can u send me ur contact so we can discuss better. Thanks.

The seedlings are here in Nairobi and since it is a plant. by Kenyan law it can't be sent by post just like that. lf you have anyone who is visiting Kenya soonest, l can help you get the seedlings and arrange for the permit that would be needed to travel out of Kenya with the seedlings and also on arrival at any of the airport in Nigeria one will not have issues with the customs/immigration.
Re: Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? by kayogs: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thanks for your usual responses Dr. I am only a curious mind with flare for Agric/ Enterpreneurship. I have been on practising Apple on Nigerian soil for about a year now. I have been able to plant and nurse Red Delicious appleplant to about 1metre (see attached pix). Kindly advise on possible pollinators and rootstock to use since am not used to the likes of M7 or M9 rootstocks here in Nigeria. Similarly, I will want to know more about the Redstark you advised. Cheers.

1 Share

Re: Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? by Kalusam(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
What is the latest on this sir?
kayogs:
Thanks for your usual responses Dr. I am only a curious mind with flare for Agric/ Enterpreneurship. I have been on practising Apple on Nigerian soil for about a year now. I have been able to plant and nurse Red Delicious appleplant to about 1metre (see attached pix). Kindly advise on possible pollinators and rootstock to use since am not used to the likes of M7 or M9 rootstocks here in Nigeria. Similarly, I will want to know more about the Redstark you advised. Cheers.
Re: Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? by imhere: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
Apple farming has been a difficult thing not only in Nigeria but West Africa as a whole. But with Wambugu apple Africa can now successfully produce apple in good numbers both for local and international markets

It matures and fruits within 9-14 months and produces up to 2,000 fruits per tree....
http://www.enibest.com.ng/apple-farming/
Re: Will Apple Do Well In Somewhere Like Nsukka? by sefani(f): 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
i have read a lot about wambugu Apple. please who has successfully planted and harvested this Apple here in Nigeria??

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Reduce Feeds Cost In Poultry Business / 27 hectre Farmland At Ofada available for farming now. / Health Benefits Of Locust Bean (iru)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.