Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey (24352 Views)

Arresting Jonathan’ll Spell Doom For Buhari Government - IYC / Tribunal Nullifies PDP Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Fresh Poll In Makurdi-north / 2015: Jonathan’ll Lose Woefully, Says Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by alabiyemmy(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2014
The hope of President Goodluck Jonathan of sweeping the Presidential poll in the South West geo-political zone in 2015 has brightened up with the result of the opinion poll conducted by a political group, ‘Forerunners Group’, and which was made available to journalists in Ibadan.

Forerunners’ officials, at a press briefing told newsmen at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Press Centre, Iyaganku, Ibadan, that 58.2 per cent of the non-partisan persons in the zone had declared their support for Jonathan’s re-election come 2015. Director-General of the group, Hareter Babatunde Oralusi, said the group arrived at the percentage of the non-partisan persons willing to support the President’s re-election based on an independent survey (opinion poll) conducted by the group.

According to him, “the phase one of the poll conducted in the South West is to determine the number of the people registered with political parties and the statistics show that 14.6 per cent of the population in the region are card carrying members of one political party or the other and this indicated that 85.4 per cent are non-partisan.

“The phase two is to determine the size of non-partisan general public in the South West that is willing to support President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election in 2015 and the outcome showed that 58.2 per cent of the non-partisan persons were willing to support President Jonathan’s re-election.

“Out of the voting population, 12.6 per cent of non-partisan persons were undecided on who they were willing to support, while 29.2 per cent of non-partisan persons were willing to support other candidates from different political parties,” the DG stated.

Oralusi said the 2015 Presidential election in Nigeria would be similar to President Barrack Obama’s re-election based on the result of the survey and could be predicted if necessary machineries were put in place.

“President Goodluck Jonathan will not only be re-elected as president but he will be re-elected with overwhelming majority votes.”
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/11/2015-jonathanll-sweep-poll-south-west-survey/

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 27, 2014
GEJ TILL 2020

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by olapluto(m): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2014
Oralusi, go and collect your money from Abuja or from Buruji Kashamu. Dont worry, election is less than 100 days away.

75 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by aljharem(m): 10:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Of course what do they expect

Watch as they will say GEJ rigged come Feb

25 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by MrEvolution7: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Nigerians should arm themselves with information so as to make the right choices in the forthcoming polls. We the youth cannot continue to remain on the sidelines. We must stop being tools in the hands of politicians, we have the numbers to set our own destiny. We must take charge.

Who We Are
I live and work in Nigeria. I am a global citizen, highly creative, vibrant, focused, energetic, and independent-minded and a global citizen. I am also, more politically aware. But this does not describe me. It describes every Nigerian Youth, irrespective of their tribe, ethnicity, religion or even their level of education.
We do not only see ourselves as tomorrow’s leaders, we also see ourselves as a force that determines who the leaders of our today will be.

What We Have
We have got the numbers.
With a population of well over 53million; almost twice the total votes cast in 2011 and about 75% of the current registered voters, the Nigerian Youth form the largest subgroup in Nigeria. This means that the destiny of our beloved nation is in our hands. If we so choose, we can steer the direction of our nation if we all play more active roles in the nation’s political decisions and leadership.
We have got the energy. We have got new perspectives. We have the network. We have all it takes to make a difference.

What We Can Achieve
By choosing to move off the sidelines; by choosing to stop sitting on the fence, we can (and will) impact our nation. Like a mighty tsunami, we can dislodge those who are opposed to the nations rising.
As we participate enthusiastically and constructively in the political process, the entire nation will hear our voice-one voice-loud and clear through the ballot.
As we give support to those who share our vision of Nigeria, we will rise to fulfill our potential as the giant of Africa.
This is our time! This is the hour! A brighter future beckons. Join us to keep the ship of the nation sailing on the right course to greatness. Let’s vote right.

Your Vote. Your Choice. Your Destiny.

[size=15]Youth Ballot Evolution[/size]

[size=15]Dicussion Thread[/size]

More on Guardian and Thisday newspapers.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by holatin(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2014
but someone who want change, an end in killing and corruption will never vote for him......and I am among them

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by holatin(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2014
but someone who want change, an end in killing and corruption will never vote for him......and I am among them.
*edited* network issue mod

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by kimond101: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Even though this man isn't performing his duties as expected of him and his government is the most corrupt we've had since independence.
He is a very likable man.
But likabity is not what we need in Nigeria.
We want Change!
Who would bring this Change is what I don't know cause it's hard to vouch for any Nigerian politician.
The leaders we have in Nigeria are a mirror of its citizens.
Most of us are corrupt or have corrupt tendencies.
May God save Nigeria from corruption.

30 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by holatin(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2014
Don't let clan, tribe cloud ur judgement.
One Nigeria
united we stand, devided we fall

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by frankflix: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2014
ok
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Ezedon(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2014
.I will always support and vote for fresh air

9 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Matttthew(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2014
Story too long.....
"Itan fun awon irunmole"
***My opinion***
I like Jonathan but he is not really working... Everything is going to n fro.
I like APC cos they er working, e.g Lagos, Osun and Ogun; but I don't like Buhari.................... A political-freak human, blood tasty vampire, a threat to humanity.

18 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by sirjohnson(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2014
A friend of mine calls him Badluck Ebola Jonadarrft, another friend calls him Goatluck Egbere Jonadamn but I call him Deadluck Egunje Jonacraise

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2014
I hope so.
So far (This is just a guess) I don't think people want to vote in GEJ as new president.
He is not widely accepted in my opinion.
People are starting to see potentials in Buhari.
Like I always say; I don't know who I will vote for yet but Buhari seems to be a better but dangerous alternative.

My outcry is that if Buhari wins or doesn't win, it seems like both situation will be a hot soup for most - For Nigeria.
This coming election is like the movie "chaos" where all predictions are impotent and only the moment (I.e post election) brings reality.

I wish to pray to God to save us but more importantly is that people should brace themselves for whatever comes as we "the people" are powerless in this game (A power which should be in the people's hand realistically).

I hope for the best and I am ready for reality.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by thiefnubu(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Everyone is surveying, right?

Ok, here is the result of my own survey

*Yoruba boy to the core... Buhari for Aso Rock 2015... Ebele for Otueke 2015*

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by madridguy(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Rigging ....
Show me a Nigeria politician like Michael Bloomberg who chose to receive a salary of $1 a year, instead of the regular mayoral salary of $195,000 a year. I still don't believe we have provided a genuine candidate so far that worth it. Show me a presidential candidate who will not travel abroad for medical attention while the masses will be dying in our local hospitals here..I need a man who can boost that all his children will go to State or Federal own Institution, not the one that his Children will be attending Ivy, Oxford, Cambridge while our schools will be closed as the result of his bad government. I need a man that will guarantee the whole Nigeria adequate Security, not you living in Armour House , driving Armour Cars with our Money. Show me a man that every Nigerian can have access to, then I will cast my vote.

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by youngmoney101(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Da survey was probably carried out amongs south west pdp supporters not de masses of south west zone

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by clara472: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2014
That's the truth even the south west region is tired of APC rule

The 6 Cheating Signs
source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/1698-the-6-cheating-signs-i-missed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by chiefinalowo: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2014
That is the truth!
We will deliver South-West to PDP!
It is a promise!

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by HonourablePomk: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Mtchewww Is South - West Nigeria? Let him rule them then . . .
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by shaboti: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2014
Thats just a plus. Many other regions have his vote

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2014
[size=14pt] . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and this made front page[/size]
[img]http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/bkoskey/surprised%20monkey.jpg[/img]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by kennosklint(m): 10:39am On Nov 27, 2014
Sure tin la
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by 2cato: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
A
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by texas1(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
interesting
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by opiaoku: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
holatin:
but someone who want change, an end in killing and corruption will never vote for him......and I am among them

A vote for apc = a vote for bokoharam

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is a bokoharam

Gej till 2019

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by sashx(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
Non-partisan indeed. If d respondents r non partisan, can we say same of d conductors of d survey?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by omisakint: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2014
Dr
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Mutuwa(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2014
We de wait..
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by NaijaOptimist: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2014
His a sweeper...
Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by makzeze: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2014
I am from south west and my vote and that of my family goes to BUHARI.

GEJ administration is a failure.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan’ll Sweep Poll In South West – Survey by Abiolainfo: 10:41am On Nov 27, 2014
For your mind smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Ayo Fayose Visits The Awolowos (Photos) / Orji Uzor-Kalu Launches OUK Entertainment International Limited / Sani Abacha's 74th Posthumous Birthday (Cuts His Birthday Cake In Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.