Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Addax Petroleum Nig Plc - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Addax Petroleum Nig Plc (6557 Views)

Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff / Addax Aptitude Test / Vacancies In Addax Petroleum Nigeria Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Brozok: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hello all,

I received this mail yesterday evening in my mailbox but am at a loss if its a scam or genuine. i checked the company address on google but the address on their general site is different from the one mentioned in the mail, i also called both numbers used in the mail 081-409-36830 and 01 404 1021 but it wasint going through. Did anyone receive such mail from them and i dont even have the HSE and NEBOSH certificate they requested for. I sent a mail to the sender email info@addaxpetroleum-ng.com but it bounced back as the email is not recognized. I will appreciate your taughts on this mail if i should go to the address or not.

Dear candidate :

NOTIFICATION FOR TRAINING PROGRAM

This is to remind you that we are yet to receive any of the required documents as stated in the email sent to you since 19th of October,2014, we are hereby sending you the email again to remind you of the deadline which is on the 1st of December, 2014 as failure will result to rejection of offer and cancellation of offer.

Since your application was screened and confirmed suitable for employment in our organization you are required to undergo our documentation process which is why we have requested you to send to us the below required documents on or before the deadline as stated above.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Photocopies of Academic Certificate.
2. HSE Competent 3 Certificates (Health Safety and Environment).
3. 2 copies of Sized Photo Passport.
4. NEBOSH General Certificate.(National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health)

All the above requirements must be submitted to our office at :

Addax Petroleum Development Company
Belk House
29 Agodogba Avenue
Parkview Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Phone: 081-409-36830

On confirmation and scrutinization of the above required documents Addax Petroleum Development Company will send you the appointment letter which will confirm your appointment with our organization.

THE PROGRAM

The Addax Petroleum Development Company training program will last for 6months.
The CP/2 program is City and Guild accredited, and on the successful completion ,candidates shall be awarded the City and Guild of London Institute Certificate, in addition to the Addax Petroleum Development Company Certificate of attendance.

TRAINEE NUMBER

Your assigned Trainee Number for the 2014 Addax Petroleum Development Company training program is RS19049.

SALARY/BENEFIT

As per the company policy, you'll be eligible to receive the following beginning on your hire date/resumption date.

Salary: Monthly starting salary of N300,000 (Three hundred thousand Naira monthly)
Training Bonus: N30,000 (Thirty thousand Naira monthly).
Accommodation: Addax Petroleum Development Company provides free accommodation to all trainees/employee.

Complete details will be found in the appointment letter to be sent to you on confirmation of your documents.

RESUMPTION DATE

The resumption date for the Addax Petroleum Development Company training program is on the 6th of January, 2015.

COMPANY WEBSITE

Click here to go to our website
https://www.addaxpetroleum.com/
OFFICE ADDRESS

For any enquiries contact our hiring co-ordinator at our office below

Belk House
29 Agodogba Avenue

We at Addax Petroleum Development Company hope that you'll accept this job offer by sending us all the mentioned requirements and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Best Regards

Hiring Co-ordinator

29 Agodogba Avenue
Land Line: 01 404 1021
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by afobabapumping(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
forget it...its a bloody scam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Trafford(m): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
afobabapumping:
forget it...its a bloody scam.

Scammy scammy... first of all that's not the company address, website also wrong... Trainee monthly salary wrong... you've not been interviewed but already granted job? wrong as well...
Let me tell u what they'll do wen u get there, they will call a certificate they know u don't n won't have n wen u tell them u don't, they will refer u to someone who will assure u he can help at that shot time... that's where d scamming start... you'll see yourself spending from 5,000 to more than 100,000 afterall salary is 300,000... A friend fell a victim... and one thing I keep telling ppl dnt pay a dine to get any job from anyone... no matter how influential d person may b... if you're so desperate, tell d person to withdraw it from ur salary after securing it for u... tell him u will agree to sign an agreement in court... No genuine person runs from court...
My fellow NL, xmas is here o... so be wise
MY DEAR OP IF YOU ARE DOUBT,U CAN TRY THEM OUT

7 Likes

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by ammyluv2002(f): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Trafford:

Scammy scammy... first of all that's not the company address, website also wrong... Trainee monthly salary wrong... you've not been interviewed but already granted job? wrong as well...
Let me tell u what they'll do wen u get there, they will call a certificate they know u don't n won't have n wen u tell them u don't, they will refer u to someone who will assure u he can help at that shot time... that's where d scamming start... you'll see yourself spending from 5,000 to more than 100,000 afterall salary is 300,000... A friend fell a victim... and one thing I keep telling ppl dnt pay a dine to get any job from anyone... no matter how influential d person may b... if you're so desperate, tell d person to withdraw it from ur salary after securing it for u... tell him u will agree to sign an agreement in court... No genuine person runs from court...
My fellow NL, xmas is here o... so be wise
MY DEAR OP IF YOU ARE DOUBT,U CAN TRY THEM OUT
Well said

1 Like

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by jomoh: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
Brozok:
Hello all,

I received this mail yesterday evening in my mailbox but am at a loss if its a scam or genuine. i checked the company address on google but the address on their general site is different from the one mentioned in the mail, i also called both numbers used in the mail 081-409-36830 and 01 404 1021 but it wasint going through. Did anyone receive such mail from them and i dont even have the HSE and NEBOSH certificate they requested for. I sent a mail to the sender email info@addaxpetroleum-ng.com but it bounced back as the email is not recognized. I will appreciate your taughts on this mail if i should go to the address or not.

Dear candidate :

NOTIFICATION FOR TRAINING PROGRAM

This is to remind you that we are yet to receive any of the required documents as stated in the email sent to you since 19th of October,2014, we are hereby sending you the email again to remind you of the deadline which is on the 1st of December, 2014 as failure will result to rejection of offer and cancellation of offer.

Since your application was screened and confirmed suitable for employment in our organization you are required to undergo our documentation process which is why we have requested you to send to us the below required documents on or before the deadline as stated above.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Photocopies of Academic Certificate.
2. HSE Competent 3 Certificates (Health Safety and Environment).
3. 2 copies of Sized Photo Passport.
4. NEBOSH General Certificate.(National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health)

All the above requirements must be submitted to our office at :

Belk House
29 Agodogba Avenue

On confirmation and scrutinization of the above required documents Addax Petroleum Development Company will send you the appointment letter which will confirm your appointment with our organization.

THE PROGRAM

The Addax Petroleum Development Company training program will last for 6months.
The CP/2 program is City and Guild accredited, and on the successful completion ,candidates shall be awarded the City and Guild of London Institute Certificate, in addition to the Addax Petroleum Development Company Certificate of attendance.

TRAINEE NUMBER

Your assigned Trainee Number for the 2014 Addax Petroleum Development Company training program is RS19049.

SALARY/BENEFIT

As per the company policy, you'll be eligible to receive the following beginning on your hire date/resumption date.

Salary: Monthly starting salary of N300,000 (Three hundred thousand Naira monthly)
Training Bonus: N30,000 (Thirty thousand Naira monthly).
Accommodation: Addax Petroleum Development Company provides free accommodation to all trainees/employee.

Complete details will be found in the appointment letter to be sent to you on confirmation of your documents.

RESUMPTION DATE

The resumption date for the Addax Petroleum Development Company training program is on the 6th of January, 2015.

COMPANY WEBSITE

Click here to go to our website
https://www.addaxpetroleum.com/
OFFICE ADDRESS

For any enquiries contact our hiring co-ordinator at our office below

Belk House
29 Agodogba Avenue

We at Addax Petroleum Development Company hope that you'll accept this job offer by sending us all the mentioned requirements and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Best Regards

Hiring Co-ordinator

29 Agodogba Avenue
Land Line: 01 404 1021

This email is meant for someone else cos there's nowhere in the mail where it suggest payment will be requested.

Also the email is customised for the site and not from a public or created mail address.

Try and get their real email address or other contact from their site and contact them. They probably sent the mail to you in error.

You could be saving someones life/job.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by dustydee: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
jomoh:

This email is meant for someone else cos there's nowhere in the mail where it suggest payment will be requested.

Also the email is customised for the site and not from a public or created mail address.

Try and get their real email address or other contact from their site and contact them. They probably sent the mail to you in error.

You could be saving someones life/job.
How can you say that? Can't you clearly see that it is a scam? Did he apply for the job? If yes, did they interview him? If yes why didn't they ask to see the certificates during the interview? If they didn't interview him, why would they give him an appointment letter only after sighting the certificates without an interview? Some graduates need to learn to use their brains sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by jomoh: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
dustydee:

How can you say that? Can't you clearly see that it is a scam? Did he apply for the job? If yes, did they interview him? If yes why didn't they ask to see the certificates during the interview? If they didn't interview him, why would they give him an appointment letter only after sighting the certificates without an interview? Some graduates need to learn to use their brains sometimes.

A dog can reason better than you do. It clearly shows the kind of low life you live.

Were you physically or mentally blind to the point where I said it was obviously meant for someone else. For Heavens sake what sort of goats are graduating from Nigerian schools this days that they find it hard to read and comprehend before commenting.

All your ranting is even incoherent to say the least. Even an office assistance knows not all companies request certificate at interview cos you're not guaranteed of passing the interview.

And for your information slowpoke what you see up there is not an appointment letter but an offer letter which is subject to approval from the person the mail was originally meant for, upon the provision of the listed documents. After which the person is sent to the training school.

2 Likes

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
it is not meant for anyone else , this is an obvious scam .dude check the languages used e.g scrutinize.

3 Likes

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by AmazingSolutnz(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
An offical letter without the writer's name...... Hmmm... bros, it l@@ks like a scam.... Such a corporate company wont send out such an important notification and sign it as "Hiring Co-ordinator". they are more organized than to do that. It's a scam.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by dustydee: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
jomoh:

A dog can reason better than you do. It clearly shows the kind of low life you live.

Were you physically or mentally blind to the point where I said it was obviously meant for someone else. For Heavens sake what sort of goats are graduating from Nigerian schools this days that they find it hard to read and comprehend before commenting.

All your ranting is even incoherent to say the least. Even an office assistance knows not all companies request certificate at interview cos you're not guaranteed of passing the interview.

And for your information slowpoke what you see up there is not an appointment letter but an offer letter which is subject to approval from the person the mail was originally meant for, upon the provision of the listed documents. After which the person is sent to the training school.
People like you resort to insults when they have no superior argument. You may want to reread his post and mine again.
Have a lovely evening.

8 Likes

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by zappyj(m): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
This is for real but meant for someone else,

I'd advice you send a mail to the Hr dept informing them of this anomaly. You might finally secure a job when they see u have integrity, @ least you would get recognised even if dem no give you grin..

Lots of frustrated job-seekers sha, y'all should try not to one-sided in your thinking.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by zappyj(m): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
AmazingSolutnz:
An offical letter without the writer's name...... Hmmm... bros, it l@@ks like a scam.... Such a corporate company wont send out such an important notification and sign it as "Hiring Co-ordinator". they are more organized than to do that. It's a scam.

He could av hidden his name for security reasons.. ask him though.. think outside d box dear.. Think!!
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by twaintoy(f): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
Its not meant for anybody. I also got the mail this afternoon. Its all scam.

1 Like

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by jombosolomon(m): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
cheap scam
Addax office is at Ozumba Mbadiwe street in VI and not the above address. Addax web address has no -ng in it.

2 Likes

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Brozok: 8:02am On Nov 28, 2014
tanks guyz i appreciate ur comments. I called the number again this morning and was surprised the receiver said since i dont have d documents NEBOSH and HSE that i will aply for a cover up letter wic will cost ten thousand naira, a form will b sent to my email wic i will fill and sumbit then the cover certificate wil b sent to me wic i wil print out and attach d documents i have and submit latest on monday. He also said they shotlisted ten people but only eight have responded remaing two wic they are still expecting. I think best way to catch these guyz is to visit there office in dat park view estate in ikoyi. If its a scam the setting will show clearly. Or wat do u think am already suspecting its a scam.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Brozok: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2014
two things crossed my mind and that is addax email is addaxpetroleum.com and the used info@addaxpetroleum.com.ng to send me d mail if it were truely addax i believe it will be info@addaxpetroleum.com not ng as stated but on the contrary no scammer wil use such an expensive area as park view estate in ikoyi as an office except the intend to move immediately they are done wit there evil intention. Ikoyi is too expensive for a scam. I stil welcome ur taught on this as i was expecting dem to use a mainland adresss or foreign address.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Trafford(m): 8:29am On Nov 28, 2014
Brozok:
two things crossed my mind and that is addax email is addaxpetroleum.com and the used info@addaxpetroleum.com.ng to send me d mail if it were truely addax i believe it will be info@addaxpetroleum.com not ng as stated but on the contrary no scammer wil use such an expensive area as park view estate in ikoyi as an office except the intend to move immediately they are done wit there evil intention. Ikoyi is too expensive for a scam. I stil welcome ur taught on this as i was expecting dem to use a mainland adresss or foreign address.

My man don't be desperate it's a scam... read my earlier post I told you, you'll be asked to pay certain amount of money to get some stupid papers called certificate n that just happened, you think it will end there, once you start making payments it won't stop until you're empty... You shouldn't deliberate on scam, you should frown at it n ignore it...
But it's your choice not mine... Talking about expensive location, that's not new. My friend that was victimise got d first call from someone whose well known to be influential in my area but it turned out that he never knew what was happening. He was used because of his position to achieved their evil deeds... Real scammers can use any place n anyone to achieve their plan. "You spend money to get money my friend"
I HOPE THIS HELP
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by seun66(m): 9:54am On Nov 28, 2014
Brozok:
tanks guyz i appreciate ur comments. I called the number again this morning and was surprised the receiver said since i dont have d documents NEBOSH and HSE that i will aply for a cover up letter wic will cost ten thousand naira, a form will b sent to my email wic i will fill and sumbit then the cover certificate wil b sent to me wic i wil print out and attach d documents i have and submit latest on monday. He also said they shotlisted ten people but only eight have responded remaing two wic they are still expecting. I think best way to catch these guyz is to visit there office in dat park view estate in ikoyi. If its a scam the setting will show clearly. Or wat do u think am already suspecting its a scam.
bros, from your first post and this one i quoted, it is easy to tell the writer is trying to convince you to fall for his/her game. I don't think a big company like addax will be trying so hard to convince a candidate without the required certificates to join them

1 Like

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Emmaus12: 10:10am On Nov 28, 2014
Naija People......smh, after too much twitter and facebook ....lack of sense! Go and pay the money enrich someones purse this xmas, after all it is the season of giving tongue
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by tofam3k3(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2014
ITS A SCAM!...I got the same email from Conoco Philips who sold their assets in Nigeria already.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by Brozok: 11:49am On Nov 28, 2014
@ Emmaus it has not gotten to d level of insults with d word u used no sense. I never intended paying coz am wiser that this scam so pls it would b better if u dont use abusive language. Why will i pay ten thousand into some one account who claim to rep NEBOSH, na its a big fraud and beside though i sent my CV long ago to there site but was never invited for an interview so why will i pay that much to an organization that never sent me an invite for interview or atleast a chat. As soon as i pay d cash dos guyz will disappear, d number will b switched off and dats the end. Tanks for all ur comments.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by AngelicaDivine(f): 12:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Check yourself to know whether u applied to addax before. If not, maybe the email is meant for someone else or scam.
Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by AmazingSolutnz(m): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Brozok, you have been given enough pieces of advise on this. Others in here have confirmed they were sent same mail underdifferent company names so you should know its a generic mail sent out to lick up whatever funds they can from naive and "desperately desperate" job seekers. You are much wiser than that. Aren't you? Don't even go to that location.... Do not call them again. Yea, after your silence, they'll possibly try to "do you a favour" by extending the deadline again so you could "act quickly". Juu-men, they are! Simply junk the mail; concentrate your energies on more productive stuffs. This is naija. Please Be wise. Cheers!
... Next thread please..!

1 Like

Re: Addax Petroleum Nig Plc by jomoh: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
dustydee:

People like you resort to insults when they have no superior argument. You may want to reread his post and mine again.
Have a lovely evening.

Like you didn't insult or what do you mean by "some graduates need to learn to use their brain sometimes". HYPOCRITE.

If you present your argument without insults I won't have to reply with one. Also I found nothing superior in your argument, only a failed attempt at using someone else to shine.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Who Knw Global Consult / UNIZIK Calls On Applicants For University Bursar Job (how To Apply) / Adexen Recruitment Agency Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.