Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? (18791 Views)

Getting Married: How Important Is Parental Consent? / Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? / White Wedding: Is It Really Necessary?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

just #hushhh it
So, because antispam bot banned you, that's what brought about inhumane/barbaric?
How can a non-living programming be biased?

Learn to state your grievances in a "palatable" manner.
Please mail the mods__ it's a regular occurrence around here.
it may be biased woman! Am a programmer it depends on how it is programmed. Afterall i dnt tink i directed my message to you. Thanks though
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2014
Microflux:
it may be biased woman! Am a programmer it depends on how it is programmed. Afterall i dnt tink i directed my message to you. Thanks though

The moment you shared the post and it got to me, I think it is indirectly, directed to me, youngman.

1 Like

Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

The moment you shared the post and it got to me, I think it is indirectly, directed to me, youngman.
okay tanks 4 ur concern. Hav bin unbanned.
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Microflux:
I have been unbanned. S eun ishi lole, fynes tboi and lyks, thanks 4 the swift action. And kachis barbie thanks for ur concern, eventhough i invited u specially to NJTC and u fail to show up.

I doubt that you spelt my moniker correctly.

1 Like

Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I doubt that you spelt my moniker correctly.
i did check ur mentions
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by habiolah(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
kachisbarbie and microflux, are you guys going to get a room so we can continue the discussion on this thread?

NB: no be jealousy they talk o
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Emioga: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
striktlymi:

That's not totally correct. Some parents are only after their selfish materialistic gratifications at the expense of the child's good. Just as we have good parents, we also have very terrible parents.
God bless you
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by ideology(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Parents constent and blessings are important, apart from cultural beliefs, God made it that way since the days of Abraham.

But Some parents have turned it to favor their selfish interest.
Have seen a mum rejecting 3suitors either for financial or ethnic reason, seven years down the line, her daughter have not seen any suitor again.

I know another mum that told her daughter, that she must marry a tall guy, fair in complexion and from a rich and connected family.
Imagine that …

What a world!!
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by mcsnup: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
i believe marriage is between two adults, the rest party as important as they are is alway seconded. However parent consent is a mark of respect, honor and reference from your part to your parent. And as they say in multitude of counsel there is safety...so you need all the encouragement and advice you can get at that point of your life. Guess who can better advice you?
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by tpia5: 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
ideology:
Parents constent and blessings are important, apart from cultural beliefs, God made it that way since the days of Abraham.

But Some parents have turned it to favor their selfish interest.
Have seen a mum rejecting 3suitors either for financial or ethnic reason, seven years down the line, her daughter have not seen any suitor again.

I know another mum that told her daughter, that she must marry a tall guy, fair in complexion and from a rich and connected family.
Imagine that …

What a world!!

women are more financially empowered these days,its more likely to be the other way round.
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by tpia5: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
ckmayoca:

If I have a daughter, can I give her to a family where the hubby siblings can have sex with her when they want or if the husband isn't around to do his duty for him?
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by paulooooooo: 7:26am On Nov 29, 2014
kristina1:
Parental consent is very important in a marriage..
parents can never mislead you,they must have a reason before rejectin ur partner.
. I disagree with u cos many parents only give advice base on their selfish thought, n they want their word to stand n they can even go to any length to make sure the marrage is concern
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by soonest(f): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2014
BreezyRita:

Swidy please thank God you've crossed that bridge. You don't wanna be in that situation....

If you're advancing in age and your parents keep rejecting your suitors, no one will tell you to BS their consent o....... And for selfish reasons like tribe, career, achievement, etc....

I've seen it happen a lot, especially to guys.
grin that's why i love my parents. Anyways desperate time requires desperate measures
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by SenatorJames(m): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
kristina1:
Parental consent is very important in a marriage..
parents can never mislead you,they must have a reason before rejectin ur partner.
The problem nowadays is the stereotype view of some of our parents when it comes to marital partner (e.g all Igbo ladies are this, Ijebu men are that, my uncle married from kogi state and this is what the lady did to him etc). Someone can take his/her stand when parents are not in support of a relationship due to delusional reasons like these.
Re: Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
The short answer is yes. The 'long' answer is...long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Walked Inside the Room and Saw My Friend Doing This... [Picture] / Can U Date A Yahoo Guy? / Inside Vagina & Inside Your Mouth Look The Same...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.